[1.2.2] Ktolemy - Transforming the solar system to avoid the spanish inquisition since 2015

daniel l.

21 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@daniel l. Reviving this mod was a good idea, because now you have your first mod reviewed by Kottabos Games!

Ah you beat me to it, serves me right for having my vids come out while I'm at my day job lol.  And to @daniel l. great work on the mod I've been having a lot of fun flying around a geocentric system.  Keep up the great work

3 minutes ago, Kottabos said:

Ah you beat me to it, serves me right for having my vids come out while I'm at my day job lol.  And to @daniel l. great work on the mod I've been having a lot of fun flying around a geocentric system.  Keep up the great work

Thanks :) its funny because that mod was dead for a long time until one day I decided to tweak it to work in 1.1.3. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mun at 1.4Mm and Minmus at 2.4Mm from Kerbin. Wow.

The original Sun (renamed to Ether) got 0.015G of surface gravity and new radius is 39km.

The new Sun (real name is Kerbol) is at 29.4Mm from Kerbin and radius of 2000km. Don't worry, it won't burn your craft unless you went to the atmosphere (the atmosphere can and will insta-kill you).

A sunrise looks like Kerbol has ran out of fuel and expanded into gas giant.

Expect other modded planets using Kopernicus got their SOI bugged a *space* lot.

Edited by Anbang11

13 hours ago, Anbang11 said:

Mun at 1.4Mm and Minmus at 2.4Mm from Kerbin. Wow.

The original Sun (renamed to Ether) got 0.015G of surface gravity and new radius is 39km.

The new Sun (real name is Kerbol) is at 29.4Mm from Kerbin and radius of 2000km. Don't worry, it won't burn your craft unless you went to the atmosphere (the atmosphere can and will insta-kill you).

A sunrise looks like Kerbol has ran out of fuel and expanded into gas giant.

Expect other modded planets using Kopernicus got their SOI bugged a *space* lot.

Well... Ktolemy IS a standalone mod. I don't expect anyone to use another planet pack with it.

Just found this mod on CKAN, started a career save with it (crazy, right?). 

Anyway, couple of minor issues - first and foremost, solar panels don't seem to develop any charge - solar exposure is good but not getting any charge.  Only tested the smallest panels so far (like I said, career mode) so not sure whether it's just the one type of panel.

Second, not really a large problem, just very funny - a stock 'build and deploy a satellite' contract asked for a 16.65Tm x 12.5Tm orbit, with 5 years to do it - quick bit of maths says the orbit will take several million years to complete once.

Screenshot included for your viewing hilarity.

USl9l7a.png

Great Mod though, having fun.

On 11/02/2016 at 8:18 PM, Mitchz95 said:

Epicycles would be cool, but I have no idea how one would implement them. :P

Old post I know, but it strikes me that this should be simple-ish. Just make the planets orbit a "black hole" object that itself orbits Kerbin. It will do weird things gravity-wise when you get there, but it's not like the Ptolemaic system knew about gravity anyway! Call them the "Deferent of Moho", "Deferent of Eve", etc.

In fact I wonder how many of the characteristics of the Ptolemaic system you could get in KSP? The tricky bit is probably if the different planets want to have orbital speeds in violation of Kepler's Third Law. But maybe that could be arranged by, for each planet, placing a "black hole" inside Kerbin with a miniscule SOI, then making the deferent black hole (which perhaps should also have its SOI shrunk to nearly nothing) orbit that, then making the planet orbit the deferent. I don't see a way to get the equant and eccentric, but being able to have each deferent and epicycle move at a chosen distance and chosen speed - instead of those two values being coupled as in normal celestial mechanics - should do pretty well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2015 at 9:33 PM, daniel l. said:

At first i was planning to make a mod that added interstellar travel, But the spanish inquisition stopped me and made me make this mod.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Thanks to Thesonicgalaxy for his screenshot album.

Ktolemy is the first and only mod in ksp that puts the whole solar system around kerbin, Tightly packing them together so as to make easy transit as if jool was a moon.

Download from SPACEDOCK

License: CC-BY-SA

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!! :P

Time GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 3/18/2017 at 1:17 PM, Suko said:

Huelo a herejes... Por Dios y por el Papa de Roma que estaré vigilando este hilo...

:mad:

Reveal hidden contents

Traslation: 

"I greet heretics ... By God and the Pope of Rome I will be watching this thread ..."

• 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.