[1.2.2] Ktolemy - Transforming the solar system to avoid the spanish inquisition since 2015

daniel l.

Great Idea. But I was wondering...

In Ptolemy's system, the Sun's orbit lies between Venus and Mars. Why have you placed the Sun inside of Moho's orbit?

Edited by Gus

Great Idea. But I was wondering...

In Ptolemy's system, the Sun's orbit lies between Venus and Mars. Why have you placed the Sun inside of Moho's orbit?

Sorry, Error on my part, I will fix that later, :blush:

- - - Updated - - -

note: we just passed 50 downloads, thank you all for your interest in my work. :)

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, i am thinking about resurrecting development on this mod, but i kinda need advice, this mod is just a cfg file so it should be compatible for a long time, and i felt that i had finished the project so i quit working on it, i mean the ptolemaic system is pretty simple and i feel thati have already acheived the goal, but is there anything you guys think could make it better?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/20/2016 at 6:34 PM, daniel l. said:

Hey guys, i am thinking about resurrecting development on this mod, but i kinda need advice, this mod is just a cfg file so it should be compatible for a long time, and i felt that i had finished the project so i quit working on it, i mean the ptolemaic system is pretty simple and i feel thati have already acheived the goal, but is there anything you guys think could make it better?

I somehow totally missed this entire thread. I blame Fallout coming out at about the time it was active :)

One question, other than being "Ktolemaic" is it otherwise "correct"? Like, all of the below:

- Is the Sun roughly the same size in the sky (i.e, did you shrink it or make it as far from Kerbin as Kerbin is from the Sun in the stock game?
- Are the other planets visible as well in the sky, or are they small enough to only show as points?
- Does everything still follow Kepler's laws of motion, so when you're transferring to the planets will it be like transferring to Mun?

If the answer to at least the last one is "yes" then I'm at least going to play around in the universe a bit. It's a really cool idea. It reminds me of a sci-fi series I once read but now have no idea the name of, where the Solar System was actually Ptolemaic but followed workable physical laws.

8 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I somehow totally missed this entire thread. I blame Fallout coming out at about the time it was active :)

One question, other than being "Ktolemaic" is it otherwise "correct"? Like, all of the below:

- Is the Sun roughly the same size in the sky (i.e, did you shrink it or make it as far from Kerbin as Kerbin is from the Sun in the stock game?
- Are the other planets visible as well in the sky, or are they small enough to only show as points?
- Does everything still follow Kepler's laws of motion, so when you're transferring to the planets will it be like transferring to Mun?

If the answer to at least the last one is "yes" then I'm at least going to play around in the universe a bit. It's a really cool idea. It reminds me of a sci-fi series I once read but now have no idea the name of, where the Solar System was actually Ptolemaic but followed workable physical laws.

Unfortunately due to ksp updates the Sun overheats everything, I'll have to learn how to fix that. But if you want to test the mod, Then cheats will have to be used.

The other planets are very very visible in the sky...

8KkatOh.png

And things do follow keplers motion :)

• 2 months later...

I will be updating Ktolemy to 1.1.3 very soon, Dont expect too much work to be put into it but here's what you can expect:

Spoiler

Kerbin literally being the center of the universe (Might seem outlandish but i have already tested it and it works).

Overheat problem fixed.

1.1 Compatability.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 0.3 is out! Not quite as good as i had wanted it to be but it will have to do for now.

Changes:

Updated to 1.1.3 (Last version working prior was 1.04 i think),

Made the Sun no longer overheat ships,

Removed Kerbin's orbit trail,

Renamed original Sun to "Ether",

Made original Sun unselectable,

Download

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.