[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Perhaps someone could help me as I've yet to find an solution here.

Before .23.5 I used the mechjeb auto docking function all the time and it worked perfectly. I'd never had a problem with it. I believe I was using mechjeb 2.1.0.0 or something. Probably whichever spaceport has available for .23. It docked everything for me from tiny pods to massive station halves. All I needed to do was use the rendezvous autopilot to get me withing 100-50 meters, pick my two docking ports, and press go.

Now, however, there's the "targetsize" and "safedistance" lines on the docking autopilot, and they seem vastly out of proportion. Even my smaller vessels have "safedistances" of hundreds or thousands of meters, and the autopilot wants to start the docking maneuver from outside that distance. It doesn't seem to matter whether I start on the correct side or not, it still tries to back up. The older versions I used used to back up a bit sometimes, but never like this. What good is it to rendezvous at 75m if the auto wants to back up to 1000m to start the dock?

Anyways, does anyone know a solution for this? A stable build for .23.5 without those two features, a specific docking protocol, or even a configuration to just adjust by a factor of 10?

Going to guess that my Launch To Rendezvous question got lost a few pages back (at least, for those who haven't configured the forum to show more posts per page...) Figure I should clarify, my previous statement that MJ's LTR was launching into an inverted inclination from the target is not entirely accurate. Instead, it seems the resulting LAN ends up on roughly the opposite side of the celestial body from the target's LAN. This still results in the X shape I referred to.

Someone asked if I was using Stock KSC and Kerbin. While I did reply, I think they've either not seen it, or have not come back to this thread. In both cases, I am using Stock KSC and Kerbin. I'm not even using FAR.

Still trying to figure out how to get LTR to actually do what it's supposed to. I seem to remember it working when I played KSP last (back before 0.20 sometime...after official docking, but before official rovers).

The latest dev build shows "no changes" am I missing something, or did someone else miss something??

Jenkins config was changed so a build was forced to check if we did not break anything. Dev Builds will now display "Dev #xxx" in the menu.

I'm having problems with the docking autopilot as well...the RCS behaves very oddly, like it was reversed on some axis or something. Normal RCS works fine, but the MechJeb does not seem able to control the ship properly any more. Any ideas?

RCS is properly located, controlling from correct port, all that is good. Just can't dock anymore :(

Anyways, does anyone know a solution for this? A stable build for .23.5 without those two features, a specific docking protocol, or even a configuration to just adjust by a factor of 10?

I'm having problems with the docking autopilot as well...the RCS behaves very oddly, like it was reversed on some axis or something. Normal RCS works fine, but the MechJeb does not seem able to control the ship properly any more. Any ideas?

RCS is properly located, controlling from correct port, all that is good. Just can't dock anymore :(

Quick fix I have found is to stop the docking AP and restart it, It's like it's confused the first time but the second time it works.

With the -218 version, MJ doesn't even show up on the right side of my screen :-(

I installed it into the GameData folder. Here are my other mods:

gamedatafolder_zpscf1ddf29.png

Edited by LM951

With the -218 version, MJ doesn't even show up on the right side of my screen :-(

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/busabkickinbutt/gamedatafolder_zpscf1ddf29.png

I have all those mods installed and mine works fine, the only one I dont have is VNG. Have you tried taking it out and giving it a try?

The DeltaV stats are frequently not showing up.

EDIT:

It doesn't show up at all for the rapier and kendryte engines, all others it shows up only after I go to the launch pad.

Edited by locustgate

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/busabkickinbutt/gamedatafolder_zpscf1ddf29.png

Try installing the latest Dev build and latest Toolbar version?

http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

http://blizzy.de/toolbar/download.html

Going to guess that my Launch To Rendezvous question got lost a few pages back (at least, for those who haven't configured the forum to show more posts per page...) Figure I should clarify, my previous statement that MJ's LTR was launching into an inverted inclination from the target is not entirely accurate. Instead, it seems the resulting LAN ends up on roughly the opposite side of the celestial body from the target's LAN. This still results in the X shape I referred to.

Someone asked if I was using Stock KSC and Kerbin. While I did reply, I think they've either not seen it, or have not come back to this thread. In both cases, I am using Stock KSC and Kerbin. I'm not even using FAR.

Still trying to figure out how to get LTR to actually do what it's supposed to. I seem to remember it working when I played KSP last (back before 0.20 sometime...after official docking, but before official rovers).

There's an issue on the github page I made when I thought it was specific to non-equatorial launches, but you've confirmed that LTR is just plain broken right now. :(

sarbian: updated my issue, but can't see a way to change the title.

I too recall it working--I think I last had it working in .21 or .22, and I don't know what's changed either KSP-side or MJ-side to make it fail. But it does indeed appear to have LAN off by about 170 degrees (maybe a perfect 180, but I'm doubtful).

sarbian is aware of the issue, btw.

Downloaded 2.2 and the maneuver planner now STARTS the burn at T-0 instead of splitting it in half, creating incomplete burns to the mün/other planets, which take an additional 100m/s to correct. Also delta-v stats wont show up.

Downloaded 2.2 and the maneuver planner now STARTS the burn at T-0 instead of splitting it in half, creating incomplete burns to the mün/other planets, which take an additional 100m/s to correct. Also delta-v stats wont show up.

See post above yours

Einarr : launch to plane should now work in last dev. Launch to Rendezvous does not change the plain inclinaison by itself.

I added a patch by SpiritOffice that display biome on landing target selection and landing window. Can I keep it as is, or should I add a option to hide thos info for those who don't want to know it so easily ?

I added a patch by SpiritOffice that display biome on landing target selection and landing window.

That's awesome, Sarbian, thank you! It's kind of a pain sometime to put down and think you're in one biome but find you're in another (I'm thinking of trying to target the biomes of Minmus and the difference s between some of the "greater" and "lesser" areas that you can't tell apart until you touchdown and do some Science!â„¢.)

Einarr : launch to plane should now work in last dev. Launch to Rendezvous does not change the plain inclinaison by itself.

I added a patch by SpiritOffice that display biome on landing target selection and landing window. Can I keep it as is, or should I add a option to hide thos info for those who don't want to know it so easily ?

Make it unlock with tech upgrades ;)