[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Cure found. Right click ksp.exe then the compatibility tab and check the administrator box at the bottom. Probably a good thing to put in the OP of this thread.

Since the latest round of updates to Windows 7 I've been having to do that with many 32 bit programs to allow them access to their own files. Dunno if it's only a problem on 64 bit Windows or if it's affecting 32 bit versions.

I'd just chalk that up to Windows' fairly poor, tacked-on permissions system that barely works right half the time. Windows wasn't built with adequate permissions management in mind. Other OS' were, leading to OS X and popular linux distros today having comparatively robust permissions management.

I've got a problem where I can't do crew reports, take EVA's then board without being forced to dump them. This is using the MK1 command module.

By default, command modules cannot store duplicate reports. Are you sure that the reports are being taken in different situations?

Is there any way to fix the Delta-V window freezing its data ?

Other than changing vessels (which doesn't work every time).

Edit: Mechjeb V2.2.1

Edited by Yilmas

Is there any way to fix the Delta-V window freezing its data ?

Other than changing vessels (which doesn't work every time).

Edit: Mechjeb V2.2.1

Yes. Use the most recent Dev version, linked at the first post of thread. That issue was fixed weeks ago.

Sarbian or Duck,

Dev 240...

Landing AP fails to engage Auto Time Warp, and resists any efforts to manually engage TW during the activity.

Hundreds of consecutive NRE entries in the log following a long string of "Now we'll parse multiple submodules", blank entries, and one entry saying "Unpacking Intrepid Lander". "Intrepid Lander" is the name of my one-seat landing module.

Sure it's not an other mod ? I did some landings with 240 yesterday.

I suppose some other mod could be causing some friction -- I've only got about 30 running...

I'll try a clean-slate sandbox with no other flights running to see how it comes out, then post the results.

UPDATE: Performed a perfect landing with Jeb in the driver seat. I'm working in a clean sandbox, still with all of my current mods, but with no other flights active. The other sandbox has at least 6 active flights (kethane and ore probes for each planetary system) plus 5 asteroids circling Kerbin, aside from my lander flight. The issues with the LGAP time warp might not be MJ-centric, but game-centric. It may just be an issue of having too many active flights to track.

Edited by BARCLONE

Hi, I use latest mechjeb version (240 I think) but no matter if I use this one or the one from kerbal space port I cant get it to work. I have AR202 case attached to ship and it is right clickable, in editor and in flight too. Problem is that no matter if I have unlocked plugins or I play sandbox mode I have absolutely no mechjeb interface available so I can't use it....

anyone knows why? I was unable to find answer to this anywhere.

KSP version is of course latest available from steam.

I had it, but most likely older version which came with other mod/s, now with this version (after deletion of older version and copying this fresh without overwrite) I can finally see Mechjeb interface with unlocked plugins. Thank you very much!

Dev 240.

The Krakken has struck!

After that "perfect landing", I went to clean up the orbit of debris (the spent stage plus the shroud pieces floating away). My command ship has lost every piece except for the command pod itself. Even the MJ module that was embedded into the pod seems to have disappeared, as there is no MJ panel showing up on the screen. When I say "lost every piece except" the command pod, I mean even the parachutes, the docking port, and the heat shield have been stripped off the pod! It's just a bare pod in orbit around Mun. Crew Manifest says the pod is empty! Poor Bill and Bob have been eaten like the last two Pringles in a can!

I have thousands of NREs in the log, and every time the log is written to, hundreds more are being added. The Toolbar was updated yesterday to 1.7.1, and just this morning I updated ModuleManager to 2.1.0. I think I'm fairly well up-to-date with the other mods also.

Dev 240.

The Krakken has struck!

After that "perfect landing", I went to clean up the orbit of debris (the spent stage plus the shroud pieces floating away). My command ship has lost every piece except for the command pod itself. Even the MJ module that was embedded into the pod seems to have disappeared, as there is no MJ panel showing up on the screen. When I say "lost every piece except" the command pod, I mean even the parachutes, the docking port, and the heat shield have been stripped off the pod! It's just a bare pod in orbit around Mun. Crew Manifest says the pod is empty! Poor Bill and Bob have been eaten like the last two Pringles in a can!

I have thousands of NREs in the log, and every time the log is written to, hundreds more are being added. The Toolbar was updated yesterday to 1.7.1, and just this morning I updated ModuleManager to 2.1.0. I think I'm fairly well up-to-date with the other mods also.

This aggression will not stand, man. Bill and Bob better be returned by the end of the day. And I want names of everyone with access to their pod prior to launch and after landing and I want them NAOH. We do not negotiate with terrorists!

(on a more serious note, output_log.txt plz? You know Sarbian will want :P )

This aggression will not stand, man. Bill and Bob better be returned by the end of the day. And I want names of everyone with access to their pod prior to launch and after landing and I want them NAOH. We do not negotiate with terrorists!

The [rocket] really tied the room together, Dude.

(Sorry Sarbian but I can't let a BIG LEBOWSKI reference pass unnoticed :D ).

I got tired of choosing between having the latest mechjeb goodness and the MJ integration in the ALCOR capsule, so I recompiled it and don't have to choose any more :)

(SNIPPED GOOD INFO AND LINKS AND STUFF)

First off, thanks for keeping RPM integration alive. Second, unfortunately, using your recompiled RPM.dll breaks technogeeky's v6rc build of SCANsat with RPM, even with his recompiled SCANsatRPM.dll included. So despite your best efforts, we still have to choose between keeping MJ integration with RPM or SCANsat integration.

(on a more serious note, output_log.txt plz? You know Sarbian will want :P )

Starwaster, this is going to sound like a silly question, but...

Where do I find the output_log.txt file? I'm running Linux Mint 16, 64-bit, with a Steam-based copy. I run a copy of the installation separate from the Steam-folder version, keeping that one safe for later use. I've never found that output file. I know where the KSP.log file gets stored (my home/user-name folder), but the output file is invisible.

@Lamelefty

Oh, that sucks :(

Thanks for reporting, I was afraid this might happen. I bet my recompiled dll works fine with baseline scansat, and technogeeky's dll works fine with baseline mechjeb. We need a real solution to the Mod that Must Not Be Named problem.

Edited by OrbitalDebris

Starwaster, this is going to sound like a silly question, but...

Where do I find the output_log.txt file? I'm running Linux Mint 16, 64-bit, with a Steam-based copy. I run a copy of the installation separate from the Steam-folder version, keeping that one safe for later use. I've never found that output file. I know where the KSP.log file gets stored (my home/user-name folder), but the output file is invisible.

Could be a problem.... on Windows installs, it's in the KSP_Data folder with all the game assets. (extension, .asset)

On Apple and Linux, I do not know :(

Is there any way to turn off individual functions of the maneuver planner?

For example, I never tend to use these:

-change both Pe and Ap

-change semi-major axis

-resonant orbit

-change longitude of ascending node

and I get tired of clicking through them with the left and right arrows.

note:I do use the blacklist to turn off individual modules that I don't use such as the Rendezvous modules. But, I don't want to turn off the whole maneuver planner module... just a few functions of it.

Alternatively, what are the chances of adding a drop down select list so the desired function can be immediately selected?

Also, thanks for the wonderful add-on... its hard to imagine playing KSP without it.

Edited by Aldmehr

sarbian: if you have time, please head over to this thread to discuss the set: [RPM, MJ, mjRPM, ssRPM, SCANsat]. I would like to establish known facts and/or tests to determine what role versioning and/or OS plays in this ongoing affair, and see what we can do together to ensure that we serve our open source customers in a way that is better for all of us.