[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Will MechJeb ever be able to catch asteroids? It can be used to an extent, but because the asteroids are on an escape trajectory, MechJeb can't really figure out how to get near them.

You can use it to plot a direct intercept over X time. I imagine you could get into a solar orbit and do a rendezvous as well.

Was tooling along, minding my own business, when I got a weird flying-away-from-the-camera bug, and the game started acting weird. Saw a MechJeb error in the log so I'm throwing it up here. It's a buggin, 10 meg, was getting lots of (probably unrelated) error spam:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cx7ot1fo89opkuv/output_log5.txt?dl=0

Anyone else having problems with the limit acceleration feature? In the latest dev build it doesn't hold anywere close to the value I put in. For example, it shifts between 30 m/s^2 and 12 m/s^2 when I input 9.8 m/s^2. Using 64 bit.

Sarbian, I'd like to suggest that the Ascent Auto Pilot should not orient to prograde when target altitude is achieved. This seems a lot like the complaints in the old days about sudden unexplained pitchups (at the end of ascent burn and before circularization) and it feels like the same behavior and I wonder if this was always the cause. I'd suggest that the correct behavior here is that it should stick to the ascent profile and respect the end angle set there.

As of build #312 I'm seeing a similar problem to buil #305. It doesn't seem to be quite the same, because before it was almost a positive-feedback response. Now I'm seeing that in some situations early in the launch (near the roll program?) the pitch control goes OPPOSITE of the direction that would bring it towards the "navball ascent path". I'm able to manually correct with WASD and the MechJeb will resume normal ascent after that. You can actually watch the "steering needles" in the bottom left go the wrong way.

Side note: this even happens if the program vector is perfectly aligned with the navball ascent path indicator... so even small adjustments from MechJeb cause the rocket to slowly go off-course.

Hello and good day to all.

I have been looking through the posts and searching to try and find out if there is a method to adding additional landing strips / runways that have been created by KerbTown / KerbSide to the SpacePlane and any other MechJeb pulldown windows????

any info and or help with this would be greatly appreciated.... And my kerbals will not have to walk so far to get back home......

hello people

I made this model to replace the current model of the mech, but do not know how to configure it.

if someone can help me?

The download file has the model, difuse , normal and emissive textures

DONWLOAD

http://i.imgur.com/4vS4teC.jpg

aaaaaah *cough* http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/20420-23-Jeb-and-Bill-9000-a-smaller-radial-Jeb-for-the-Clarke-fans

Anyways still want some clarification on that problem I found with solar panels folding on that mode.

Is there a way to make rockets roll to the right heading and then pitch over on the back like they should do with the new force roll option?

What is the dynamic pressure fadeout number parameter with the launch angle of attack limiter?

Nice model.

First you should set up PartTool in Unity to export KSP model and export it : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25040-Unity-to-KSP-A-Detailed-Tutorial

Once you have the model exported then you have to write the .cfg. Here is some info, and you have a bunch of link here

I want to put the command to turn on the lights(when light is green in mechjeb) and turnoff (when red in mech), and but do not know what it is? The rest is the same

Ok the "brake on energy depletion" mode is totally broken, first it keeps folding up solar panels, second when a rover does become depleted it does not wait to unbrake and go again when the batteries are fully charged!

Rendezvous Autopilot needs a bit of work when operating at really small orbit diameters. It's a bit of a pain getting it to work around Gilly. It's never satisfied with its initial plane matching, always wants to adjust it 2, 3 or more times. If your altitude is below 40KM that takes a horrible long time even with auto warp. (Is there a way to make the game allow warp below 8KM at Gilly?)

I start rendezvous from a 42KM orbit, tell it 100 meters distance to a target in a 40+KM orbit and about half the time it just fails to do the adjustment burns at the end of the hohmann transfer and flies past. Then it goes after it again, changing phasing orbit (down into slowville land 35KM) etc and usually finishes the job the second time. Did the same with the target in a 20Km and a 25KM orbit.

I gave up on my Eve mission testing save because of this. My refueling lander is too small, especially when every flight is taking far longer than it should due to an overly fastidious and sometimes absent minded autopilot ;P

I know this might make me sound like an idiot, but my MechJeb isn't working at all. I think I have it installed correctly and none of the menus are showing up. Like it wasn't installed at all. I have the MechJeb folder in GameData.

Did you add the Mechjeb AR202 part to the vessel or use the Mechjeb Pod?

Is there still support for the old MJ pod with its legs and shield and engines? You can see it in the pictures here. It had a spherical pod, heat shield, landing legs and engines.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It used to be part of the MJ package a long time ago. I used to love it for long-range recon.

Anyone know where I can find it? and/or if it still works?

Someone tell me I'm nuts. But I can no longer shift functions on the maneuver planner. I don't have any arrows to move between functions after upgrading to build 317.

Edit: Disregard! I see the UI has changed to make choosing functions easier. This is what I get for being out of the game for a few weeks.

Edited by mentat001
Fixed issue

Any chance of automatic thrust balancing differential engine throttling?

I'm experimenting with doing in-orbit alterations on a huge ship to land it on Gilly for refueling since it's such a PITA to make multiple trips down and up. Problem is the COM will vary between empty and full.

Is there still support for the old MJ pod with its legs and shield and engines? You can see it in the pictures here. It had a spherical pod, heat shield, landing legs and engines.

http://imgur.com/a/wVzJC

It used to be part of the MJ package a long time ago. I used to love it for long-range recon.

Anyone know where I can find it? and/or if it still works?

It's still there in my (current) version; looks a bit nicer now, too.

It's a long way up the tech tree if you're playing career, though.

Someone tell me I'm nuts. But I can no longer shift functions on the maneuver planner. I don't have any arrows to move between functions after upgrading to build 317.

Edit: Disregard! I see the UI has changed to make choosing functions easier. This is what I get for being out of the game for a few weeks.

Aw can't I tell you you're nuts anyway?