[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Seems like MJ is not splitting node burn time in half before and after node's time and instead starts burn exactly at the node, at least when craft is equipped only with RCS thrusters. Is it normal behavior?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe MJ does its calculation off of Liquid fuel and weight. SO that MIGHT be the problem.

Hi,

Let's report some issues. :)I hope they haven't been reported yet.

I got the latest dev build (#365) after experiencing the fuel line bug. That issue seems to be fixed, thanks to you guys.

But I'm also experiencing this Stage dV weirdness. If I place decouplers in a fuel tank and set them a stage above that fuel tank's engine, the dV is only counted on the decoupling stage. The bottom stage shows no dV at all, although it shows some TWR.

eTOaX5G.jpg

This log might also be useful; It's looping and consuming all my log field.

at MuMech.VesselExtensions.patchedConicsUnlocked (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance.IsSpaceCenterUpgradeUnlocked () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.ComputerModule.UnlockCheck () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.DisplayModule.UnlockCheck () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebCore.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[Error]: MechJeb module MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance threw an exception in UnlockCheck: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have no clue, but it looks like those logs have nothing to do with that supposed bug.

I'm also using a Module Manager edit that puts MJ in all command pods/probe cores.

@PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]

{

MODULE

{name = MechJebCore}

}

Toolbar v1.7.7

CrowdSourcedScience v1.2.0

Environmental Visual Enhancement v7-4

NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator v4

ADEPT by OLDD v1

PlanetShine v0.2.2

Procedural Fairings v3.11

Protractor v2.4.15

Station Science v1.4

Stock Bug Fix Modules v0.1.5

Module Manager v2.5.4

I hope that's enough info. :)

Thank you, you devs are doing god's work.

Edited by Kowgan

That's not really a bug. Because the decouplers don't actually decouple anything the vessel simulation is firing them immediately. Basically, there is no way for MJ to know when you will decouple them so it does it straight away...

Looks like the exception spam could do with being fixed though, looks like it is being passed a null Vessel, presumably because you are in the VAB...

Seems like MJ is not splitting node burn time in half before and after node's time and instead starts burn exactly at the node, at least when craft is equipped only with RCS thrusters. Is it normal behavior?

MJ only makes accurate calculations when you have an activated liquid engine, MJ doesn't consider RCS as engines and thus MJ will calculate with the presumption you have no engines which results in the T-0 burn initiation.

So in a nutshell: Yes that is normal behavior.

Circularizing an orbit is neither hard nor time consuming.

But it is pretty boring when you're doing it for the N time a day. And this lock is seriously hampering my usual gameplay style - I like to test my rockets for their carrying capacity, and in order to do it properly I need to use the same ascent profile each time I launch a test. Which is almost impossible to achieve without MJ.

A bunch of the modules aren't working. Check the debug menu when spawning the MJ part, it spams a ton of errors. And when you load it starts with all of the windows open that are related to those errors, like man planner, rend auto, etc... You need to close them every time.

it sounds to me like: mechjeb is NOT .90 compatible yet. I think i will wait until i see it updated for .90. after all, on its DL page, it says: supports .25 and does NOT say supports .90 yet

A bunch of the modules aren't working. Check the debug menu when spawning the MJ part, it spams a ton of errors. And when you load it starts with all of the windows open that are related to those errors, like man planner, rend auto, etc... You need to close them every time.

I do confirm that.

Fresh career start, with MM config that adds MJ to all probes and capsules. Tech tree progression is disabled (edited out from AR202's part.cfg, and I've removed the pod)

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-l1kSh8cSSAUjBKOUUtLXVXeUk/view?usp=sharing

I'm also using a Module Manager edit that puts MJ in all command pods/probe cores.

@PART

{

MODULE

{name = MechJebCore}

}

If you're including MechJeb's parts, that MM code will put a second MechJebCore module on them. Perhaps change it to this:

@PART

{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{%name = MechJebCore}

}

So it only creates a new module if one doesn't already exist.

EDIT: Thought it over and you need to use '%name' as well.

Edited by Jacke

Looks like the exception spam could do with being fixed though, looks like it is being passed a null Vessel, presumably because you are in the VAB...

:(

I really hate those conics changes. I'll fix that VAB bug tonight and see if/what I messed up with the research upgrade.

I also need to add a warning about the Ascent AP lack circularize until you unlock the station.

And to those who post about bugs : As I said earlier you 'll have to post a log. And write the version you use, some of the last post reports bug that should be fixed in the dev version.

Edited by sarbian

i dont post much but 1st, thanks sarbian for your great job.

i really appreciate it since i only play ksp with mechjeb only.

I would like to say sorry in behalf of those that keep posting here saying it dont work with .90 without attaching a log file at all.

i have the same problem as they are, like it wont circularize on auto ascent.

But i noticed it works normally on sandbox and my guess is the upgrades on the buildings is somehow limiting the features on mechjeb which is understandable on career. I do modified my part.config so my unlocktechs is set to start and i see i'm missing my manuever window and etc like the other posts here but i also see message on mechjeb window saying some features needed to be unlocked (or something similar like that) which i'm guessing is the buildings upgrades.

So, thanks for your fast updates again

If you're including MechJeb's parts, that MM code will put a second MechJebCore module on them. Perhaps change it to this:

@PART

{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{name = MechJebCore}

}

So it only creates a new module if one doesn't already exist.

I've acutally noticed a double MechJeb core for when I use the MJ parts, indeed. Thank you for that tip, I'll fix that here! :)

I've acutally noticed a double MechJeb core for when I use the MJ parts, indeed. Thank you for that tip, I'll fix that here! :)

Thought it over and you need to use '%name' as well.

@PART

{

%MODULE

{%name = MechJebCore}

}

:(

I really hate those conics changes.

You're not alone... I wish there was a mod that removes the functions upgrade part, leaving just visuals that could be switched freely. I want to launch a Saturn V from a barn, damnit! And I want to do that without grinding several millions.

I had an idea while assembling a space station; it would be nice if I could execute a maneuver node using translational RCS.

Basic reason being that it can be downright problematic to quickly change the attitude of a complex structure, not to mention the CoT/CoM issues all being compounded by asymmetrical arrangements.

General idea is that while executing a maneuver node mechjeb holds the current attitude steady (does not turn to face the maneuver node) and uses the RCS in smart translation to meet the node's vector. Primary purpose I'm thinking of currently is station keeping for stations and satellites that need just a few nudges here or there to account for docking perturbations, etc.

Edited by Yaivenov
typo