[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I was doing a rendezvous in orbit mission, and when the vessel I was focused on near the other, I heard an explosion. A quick check of my vessel revealed no problems, but when I switched to the other vessel 500m away, there were no MJ windows. Apparently the MJ AR202 was the source of the explosion; it was riding in the new 1.25m service bay. I will try to reproduce this since I loaded a savefile before examining the info window.

Does anyone else's mechjeb have all the tools available in career mode from the first node where the case is unlocked? I have rendezvous, landing, and etc all unlocked when I definitely have not unlocked those nodes yet in my new career game. If others have this "issue" it's a bug otherwise I guess somehow this could be caused through a mod conflict?

I can add to this...I have had two different but related issues having restarted a career mode

First time, my first use of MJ was in sandbox...everything was unlocked. My second use was in career and everything was unlocked..

Second time (after a reinstall), my first use of MH was in career mode and I was given DeltaV, Ship Info, Settings and Custom window. My second use of MJ was in sandbox, and I was given the same four nodes, in other words I did not have full functionality in Sandbox, having only unlocked four nodes in career

I can add to this...I have had two different but related issues having restarted a career mode

First time, my first use of MJ was in sandbox...everything was unlocked. My second use was in career and everything was unlocked..

Second time (after a reinstall), my first use of MH was in career mode and I was given DeltaV, Ship Info, Settings and Custom window. My second use of MJ was in sandbox, and I was given the same four nodes, in other words I did not have full functionality in Sandbox, having only unlocked four nodes in career

Thanks for the additions. In my situation, career was the first mode I played, and it started with all the functions unlocked after the first control node was researched. I just tried deleting the MechJeb folder from GameData and reinstalling it, and it still has me "fully unlocked" in terms of functionality. I suppose I will try flushing out MM's cache and see if that somehow helps..

MechJeb 2.5 counting wrong dV when i'm using asparagus staging (while kerbal engineer redux - correct).

c910b-clip-180kb.jpg?nocache=1

Another thing - all MJ functions available after first researching. Cheating - easy career mode start =)

Edited by morgenshtern

MechJeb 2.5 counting wrong dV when i'm using asparagus staging (while kerbal engineer redux - correct).

Another thing - all MJ functions available after first researching. Cheating - easy career mode start =)

Can confirm having both these same issue myself.

I just fixed the landing sim on dev. Stupid mistake in my end. I should not code when tired. But then that would cut my coding by a lot :D

Know that problem :D

But now you broke landing prediction. if I activate it MJ shows no trajectory etc. only the (red) target marker works. log says: target is null +NREs. Target was the KSC launch pad.

Edited by acc

I just fixed the landing sim on dev. Stupid mistake in my end. I should not code when tired. But then that would cut my coding by a lot :D

Need more logs on MJ not splitting the burns for the nodes in half (half before, half after)?

Though I should test with stock engines.

Awesome mod.

Landing is better but "Moving to Low orbit deorbit burn point" doesn't auto-warp to burn point.

Also, Ascent Guidance does loop-the loops in the low atmosphere until it's in the upper atmosphere.

Can confirm that I have all features unlocked from start... and just forget using ascent guidance! I think it needs a complete re-write for the new aero model... spinning rockets!

In addition to the prior mentioned issues, I have found that if I recover a vessel while my "orbit info", "vessel info", or etc windows are still opened -- the next time I am at the controls of a different vessel, these windows will refuse to open what-so-ever until I restart.

I don't know if it's just me, but i'm currently experiencing a bug, that if i set a landing target using the mouse, and hit the autopilot thing, this happens.

OqY2aH0.png

Everything in the window just disappears, and then i can't close or move the window anymore...

- Also, currently using #435

Edited by lekkimsm2500

I don't know if it's just me, but i'm currently experiencing a bug, that if i set a landing target using the mouse, and hit the autopilot thing, this happens.

http://i.imgur.com/OqY2aH0.png

Everything in the window just disappears, and then i can't close or move the window anymore...

- Also, currently using #435

Try the latest build maybe? Kind of have to keep up with the latest dev builds in this proccess.

Edit: Oh, update on that node problem, apparently having infinite fuel on (which I did for that challenge I was doing) confuses MJ, it does node burns just fine with infinite fuel off. I tested with 437

Edit2: Just checked out lekkim's bug and I can't reproduce it.

Edited by smjjames

I filed a issue on github, TWR display with 437 seems to display twice the real value. Rockets lift slowly from 2.01 TWR onwards.

Not seeing this, and I'm looking at KER too.

I can also confirm that landing at a target is broken, while I landed safely, I landed 11km off target (target being KSC pad). Then again, it wasn't an actual lander and it was a powered descent, so, I'll have to test with an actual lander, perhaps with chutes.

Edit: Tried a straight up descent to around 2km, targeted pad, MJ decided to just point towards the ground, lol...... Probably not high enough anyway.

Edit2: Did a straight up descent to around 105km, went to approx apoapsis and had it land at the KSC pad, it was bullseye on it, but that's like easy mode.

Edit3: I tried to do landing again and then aborted while it was in atmosphere and attempted to make it fix it's landing (unfortunately, it was already too late by then), but after the correction burn, it didn't even try to slow down for a safe landing, it just let the craft crash into the ground (or water as the case was). Yes I had fuel.

Edit4: Tested Mun landing (with same landing craft), which landed fine, a bit hairy IMO, but landed perfectly. Did fall over after landing, but that's not even MJs fault.

Edited by smjjames

The little "engineer test" on the buttom (that hint window that says, hey you forgot a parachute, or you have monopropellent but nothing that uses it), when a MJ unit is placed on a ship, the "engineer test window" says "you have put a control part not in line with other control parts" -paraphrased (as I am at work now, and didn't write the message down exactly).

No amount of fiddling with the orientation of the MJ part will help.

This doesn't cause any issues, but should be fixed at some point.

I use these settings, which has worked well, so far. Do limit to 18m/s until around 20km or about 25km, 20-25km thereabouts (keeps it from going too fast, also saves fuel). I only use limit AoA if the rocket is having problems with flipping over.

Turn off the terminal velocity limit. If you must use a limiter, I've had success with using "Limit acceleration to 20 m/s."

It's fine if it's on really, it's been fixed in the latest dev version. Limiting acceleration to 18m/s or 20m/s should keep you under that anyway. I'm finding that once you get beyond ~10km, terminal velocity is a non-issue anyway.

screenshot16_zpslbefwdc8.png

Edited by smjjames

Hi, I love mechjeb, and before 1.0 used it for near everything. Having said that, now that 1.0 is out, I want to use it for maneuver calculation and things like that, but it's going to be too hard for me to resist using the autopilot feature. Would it be at all possible to have a version without the autopilots? just maneuvers and dv requirements and stuff like that?

Deadline, save a file in you gamedata folder as mechjebDisplayOnly.cfg with this content and make sure you have ModuleManager installed. This will hide all MJ autopilots. I left the maneuver planer in there but if you don't want it you can add MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner to the list. I may add Blizzy touchscreen case as an alternative part without the auto pilot later.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
%MODULE[MechJebCore]
{
%name = MechJebCore
%blacklist = MechJebModuleAscentGuidance MechJebModuleDockingGuidance MechJebModuleLandingGuidance MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance MechJebModuleRoverWindow MechJebModuleSmartASS MechJebModuleSmartRcs MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance MechJebModuleThrustWindow MechJebModuleTranslatron
}
}

To the others new #438 dev build up. less bug.

If you report a bug please state your version and before posting try the last dev to see if it fix it. The thread is moving really fast right now and I can't keep up if half the report are about already fixed bugs. Thanks.