[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I've enjoyed Mechjeb for 3 years.. and I just realized people like me were the reason you only have 3 bars of rep :/. Seriously, you have one of the largest threads, and one of the most popular plugins in the KSP community, let alone the forums. The least I can do is rep.

Also, new 449 build fixes the framerate-killing incompatibility with the new FAR release. Thanks for that, helps me enormously :) It's actually quite a bit better at atmospheric landing prediction than the old MJ2 on the old FAR (back in the 0.90 days) as well. Not sure how it interfaces with stock aero, since I don't use it...

The latest dev build introduced a nasty bug on my end.

I use MechJeb through Blizzy's toolbar and have disabled the sidebar. However since I installed the latest MechJeb dev build whenever I try to open a MechJeb window it's briefly visible, then disappears. I can't even open the MechJeb settings to turn the sidebar back on. Even completely removing MechJeb and reverting to the latest official release won't help. In which file are those settings saved so I can manually reset them?

I use MechJeb through Blizzy's toolbar and have disabled the sidebar. However since I installed the latest MechJeb dev build whenever I try to open a MechJeb window it's briefly visible, then disappears. I can't even open the MechJeb settings to turn the sidebar back on. Even completely removing MechJeb and reverting to the latest official release won't help. In which file are those settings saved so I can manually reset them?

I just discovered the exact same problem, the only difference is that I don't use MJ through blizzys toolbar (I use SCANsat through it) and never disabled the sidebar. When I click the stock toolbar button, it appears at the left side for a brief second before disappearing.

Edit: Removing blizzys toolbar doesn't help either, I'll give you an output log in a moment.

Edit2: here: http://sta.sh/0hm130e119r

Edit3: Also, you missed the question I asked on the previous page, or maybe I guessed right?

Edited by smjjames

Same problem on my end. Had to drop back to 449, problem disappeared.

OK, you can ignore my question on how to revert my game to a working state. I found it.

I made a complete fresh install and moved everything over except MechJeb and Toolbar. Then reinstalled those separately. MJdev.449 is currently behaving itself.

@Sarbian

The 7274d38 "Fix 'Restore factory settings' doesn't seem to affect scaling." commit is breaking the MechJeb menu. Without it MechJeb appears to be working.

skips

@Sarbian

The 7274d38 "Fix 'Restore factory settings' doesn't seem to affect scaling." commit is breaking the MechJeb menu. Without it MechJeb appears to be working.

skips

Confirmed.

Upgraded to Dev build to fix Delta V not showing up in VAB, but 450 doesn't show anything. Had to get 449.

Confirmed.

Upgraded to Dev build to fix Delta V not showing up in VAB, but 450 doesn't show anything. Had to get 449.

yet another confirm :(

menu pops into existence, then pops right back out.

@Sarbian

The issue is in the routine SetGUIScale() in the file MechJeb2/GuiUtils.cs

The optimization that you added to check if scale is equal to s is leaving the scaledScreenHeight and scaledScreenWidth set to their initialized values of 1 rather than Screen.height and Screen.width.

Deleting the lines

if (scale == s)
return;

will resolve the problem but also removes your optimization.

skips

@Sarbian

The issue is in the routine SetGUIScale() in the file MechJeb2/GuiUtils.cs

The optimization that you added to check if scale is equal to s is leaving the scaledScreenHeight and scaledScreenWidth set to their initialized values of 1 rather than Screen.height and Screen.width.

Deleting the lines

if (scale == s)
return;

will resolve the problem but also removes your optimization.

skips

is there a way I can do that myself or is it too complex and I have to wait? lol

Thanks!

Beaver

I pushed #451 that should fix all those display problem. Can you test and report if I forgot something ? The problem was not new, it just got more obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, i missed that one ... Thanks skips

#452 it is then

Deceleration End Altitude is an internal number used by the landing sim. It show when the sim expect to switch to powered descent and/or use parachute to slow down in time.

I added it after the last round of fix to aero to see the number if anyone reported an other big bug. I ll remove it before releasing the next official.

@sarbian

I think that you need the comparisons to be "!=" in the change to the optimization code.

Also, could I ask a favor and have you add the following lines to the .gitignore file. I would make my compiles a bit cleaner.

# Files for the Mac
.DS_Store

skips

@sarbian

I think that you need the comparisons to be "!=" in the change to the optimization code.

Also, could I ask a favor and have you add the following lines to the .gitignore file. I would make my compiles a bit cleaner.

# Files for the Mac
.DS_Store

skips

This seems right. #452 doesn't work for me. Shows the same problem as #450.

I pushed #451 that should fix all those display problem. Can you test and report if I forgot something ? The problem was not new, it just got more obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, i missed that one ... Thanks skips

#452 it is then

can't live without this mod, thanks so much!

[edit]Darn, still same issue :-(

Edited by The Beaver

What do you need to do to get MechJeb compiling under linux? I'm not really looking to get an IDE setup, just want to get `make build` working. Error output I'm getting is:

MechJeb2/MechJebModuleStageStats.cs(7,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `KerbalEngineer' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

MechJeb2/MechJebModuleStageStats.cs(22,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Stage' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

MechJeb2/MechJebModuleStageStats.cs(23,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Stage' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

MechJeb2/MechJebModuleStageStats.cs(25,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Stage' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

MechJeb2/MechJebModuleStageStats.cs(26,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Stage' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

MechJeb2/ReentrySimulation.cs(35,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SimulatedVessel' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

MechJeb2/ReentrySimulation.cs(80,108): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SimulatedVessel' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Compilation failed: 7 error(s), 12 warnings

make: *** [build/MechJeb2.dll] Error 1

I tried looking at what Jenkins is doing to compile it, but the config isn't visible as an anonymous user. I'm very familiar with building software on linux, but no experience at all wtih C# or mono.

@DiGriz

The Makefile that is included with the source works if you have a Steam version of the program. Otherwise you will have to change the KSPDIR variable to point to the directory that contains the application.

skips

Having a bit of an issue when vessels cancelling SMART A.S.S. When I'm docking to a target vessel, I'll switch to that vessel and set MJ SMART A.S.S to "KILL ROT". I'll then switch back to the docking vessel. When I switch back to the target vessel, SMART A.S.S. is set to off. I must then set it to KILL ROT again. I do ensure that only one command capsule/pod is set to "Control from here".

I'm using the released version, not dev version.

Edited by Apollo13

Having a bit of an issue when vessels cancelling SMART A.S.S. When I'm docking to a target vessel, I'll switch to that vessel and set MJ SMART A.S.S to "KILL ROT". I'll then switch back to the docking vessel. When I switch back to the target vessel, SMART A.S.S. is set to off. I must then set it to KILL ROT again. I do ensure that only one command capsule/pod is set to "Control from here".

I'm using the released version, not dev version.

Control from here isn't a toggle per individual pod or cockpit. It just changes which reference transform you're controlling from and switches from one to another. There's no way to control from multiple pods.

What do you need to do to get MechJeb compiling under linux? I'm not really looking to get an IDE setup, just want to get `make build` working. Error output I'm getting is:

I tried looking at what Jenkins is doing to compile it, but the config isn't visible as an anonymous user. I'm very familiar with building software on linux, but no experience at all wtih C# or mono.

I haven't looked at the MJ source in a few months and not sure how the KE files were integrated.

This: should work for you though. Instructions are for MonoDevelop. (please be using MonoDevelop...)

Open your MechJeb2 solution file. In the explorer on the left, right click the MechJeb2 project and click Add->Add Existing Folder

Browse for the KerbalEngineer folder. Do the same for any other folders or files you might be missing or get errors on

Edited by Starwaster