[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Hey, thanks for pointing that out guys. I don't use the MechJeb parts but instead add a MM script that adds a MechJebCore to every command pod. Go into the VAB and click on a pod and I get the NullReferenceException bugs. Removed MechJeb #453 and put #449 in.

therealcrow999, I'm not certain the exact problem you are having.

You gave that one screenshot, saying:

That can't be a screenshot of the issue as there's blizzy78's toolbar and the stock toolbar both visible, both with MJ icons in them. Reading your other comments still leaves me not certain I understand.

Are both blizzy78's toolbar and the stock toolbar completely missing?

Can you post some screenshots of your KSP game with the problem visible? And describe the problem in detail?

If both toolbars are gone, as a first step, I'd suggest wiping blizzy78's toolbar ("GameData/000_Toolbar/") and MechJeb, then installing Toolbar 1.7.9 and MechJeb 2.5.0.0 (the main release version via the download in the 1st post). Start a new sandbox game and go to the VAB and see if you have the toolbars back. If this is the problem and that fixes it, try updating MechJeb to dev release #449 and see if that behaves.

Lol that's to show what is missing, that screenshot is from 2.5 and the problem is from the latest Dev version, in which those things are gone. I've already posted the problem and my logs are there for the developer.

- - - Updated - - -

I ll have a look tonight. My weekend was a bit busy and I made some change a bit too quickly.

Thanks sarbian! I knew I wasn't the only one having this.

I see that a while back someone was having a problem with Persistent Rotation and MechJeb. Did anything ever happen with that? I'm running into the same problem. As soon as the game enters warp, the craft rotates away from the node. Is there any way to fix that besides turning on Stock SAS, which is just awful?

#455 prove an other fix for my half asleep coding. If nothing else shows up this will be the next official.

Everything's nominal here :D

You guys need a kerbalized thumbs-up smiley.

Edit: The 'land anywhere' AP could be somewhat less eager with the autowarp IMO....

Edited by smjjames

I see that a while back someone was having a problem with Persistent Rotation and MechJeb. Did anything ever happen with that? I'm running into the same problem. As soon as the game enters warp, the craft rotates away from the node. Is there any way to fix that besides turning on Stock SAS, which is just awful?

Even wihout Persistent Rotation, the stock game does that.

Are you using the Makefile from the dev branch ? it should have all the required changes.

Thanks that was it. I was building master.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm the only one here that keep have issues with "limit to terminal velocity" function?

My rockets have often chances to get this issues and go sigtly less fast then they should be... and when i say sigtly i mean limit on at 100 m/s above kerbin launchpad...

This never give me problems before 1.0...

https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues/570

It should be fixed in the dev builds (#455 seems to be the latest stable one), or wait until the next official release

The landing AP does not autowarp when it's doing the 'moving to low deorbit burn point' when autowarp IS on. So, you have to manually warp. It does kill the warp appropriately though.

Edit: dev build 455

screenshot51_zpsszdi5dir.png

Edited by smjjames
forgot dev build version.

The landing AP does not autowarp when it's doing the 'moving to low deorbit burn point' when autowarp IS on. So, you have to manually warp. It does kill the warp appropriately though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot51_zpsszdi5dir.png

Auto-warp is working just fine on this end. Still having issues with landing AP in an atmosphere. My ship will do the initial de-orbit burn and then turn every which way trying to adjust the landing point. I'll post a log when I have a moment.

I mean in that specific situation (nonatmospheric) and stage, it doesn't autowarp, maybe it's intentional actually since MJ sometimes puts the periapsis REALLY close to the ground.

The landing proccess there (I'm sending down probes with surface scanners to the biomes on the Mun. Although I wonder in hindsight about the other scanners.... Offtopic anyhow) works perfectly otherwise.

Edited by smjjames

So here's a wierd scenario I've run across a number of times.

I've got a deep space transfer station on the ecliptic orbiting very high above Kerbin- 30,000km. So far MechJeb has overshot every single intercept its plotted to this station, forcing me to manually correct the rendezvous burn. I'm not talking about a mild overshoot- MechJeb seems to burn until beyond Kerbin escape. Is there something I'm doing wrong here, or does MJ somehow cheat the known orbital body rendezvouses? It has no problem hitting Minmus at 40,000 nor Mun.

KSP .90 Beta, Win8.1, only parts mods other than MJ. The overburns occur with both stock and mod engines, ion and chemical. If there's a factor I'm not mentioning please so say and I'll dig it out ASAP.

So here's a wierd scenario I've run across a number of times.

I've got a deep space transfer station on the ecliptic orbiting very high above Kerbin- 30,000km. So far MechJeb has overshot every single intercept its plotted to this station, forcing me to manually correct the rendezvous burn. I'm not talking about a mild overshoot- MechJeb seems to burn until beyond Kerbin escape. Is there something I'm doing wrong here, or does MJ somehow cheat the known orbital body rendezvouses? It has no problem hitting Minmus at 40,000 nor Mun.

KSP .90 Beta, Win8.1, only parts mods other than MJ. The overburns occur with both stock and mod engines, ion and chemical. If there's a factor I'm not mentioning please so say and I'll dig it out ASAP.

What version of MJ since you are using KSP 0.90? Support for an old version is going to be very sketchy.

Are both orbits circular? If either of them somewhat eccentric MJ is going to have difficulties.

What TWR for the craft? Low TWR craft will have trouble as maneuvers are assumed as instant changes of velocity and the less instant they are the more off they are.

Even after all of that you will likely have to "fine tune closest approach" later. SoIs are big, spacecraft aren't.

I'm having a problem with ascent guidance. Mechjeb plots the node for circularize, the ship orients but does not perform the node. I was using build 453. So I changed out to 455 but I'm still getting the same problem.

I'm having a problem with ascent guidance. Mechjeb plots the node for circularize, the ship orients but does not perform the node. I was using build 453. So I changed out to 455 but I'm still getting the same problem.

Is there a staged engine with sufficient fuel to do the burn? Or any fuel at all?

Is it an unmanned rocket and if so did it run out of electricity?

Is there a staged engine with sufficient fuel to do the burn? Or any fuel at all?

Is it an unmanned rocket and if so did it run out of electricity?

Oh ya it was working fine. I tried a previous version of my craft that it was doing the burns for to see if it was some weird glitch with my craft but it stopped working for that one too.

Here is the craft file

http://www./download/uqqc7b6bf356cds/newb4.craft

Orbit 100k. Edit path for 8k turn start. 1000m/s turn start speed. 0 turn shape and 14 degree climb angle. turn on corrective steering. turn off auto-stage. turn off angle of attack. click engage. hit space. raise the gear after liftoff and click the parking break (for the speed-break during climb). Turn off the parking break when the craft turns at 8k. let the craft coast to 29,000 then hit number 1 on the keyboard to toggle the rapiers. Mechjeb should do the rest. Except it stopped.

*also turn on force roll

Edited by AgentMOO

Not 100% sure this is MechJeb, but (using v2.5-455) I just got a weird LIFTOFF flight event. I entered the atmosphere and was burning up some extra fuel, and forgot that I had MJ's autostage on, so after I ran out of fuel it kicked off the decoupler, which apparently gave me the liftoff event. Don't think I've seen this before but I don't usually check. Link to KSP.log The relevant part of the log is around 17:52, roughly line 10,300.

3B7zKdr.png

hi guys, I play this game from time to time like no more then couple days per year and becouse of this i'm total noob at this game without MechJeb..so there is any working version for 1.0.2 from where I can download it or anybody have a working version atm ?

hi guys, I play this game from time to time like no more then couple days per year and becouse of this i'm total noob at this game without MechJeb..so there is any working version for 1.0.2 from where I can download it or anybody have a working version atm ?

Use the latest dev version. :)

Dev version, to which smjjames refers, is here: http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

Dev version, to which smjjames refers, is here: http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

As has been suggested, even with pleading and begging, most such questions would never be asked if in the first post the link to the current dev build was made much larger, more noticeable, perhaps with a bit of a note to USE THIS ONE, not the latest release version - especially when the latest release is very buggy. (Not like with .90 or .25 where the initial release versions were quite usable.)

Hi, thanks for mechjeb, it's awesome!

I'm using the latest dev build and I think there's something wrong with the terminal velocity calculations. The 'limit to terminal velocity' option kicks in during ascent but not nearly as early as it used to. Perhaps the new aerodynamics stuff in v1.0 is causing issues?

I've created a custom window to show me terminal velocity and I've kept an eye on it over the course of a few launches, and it doesn't seem to behaving correctly to me.

My understanding is that terminal velocity should be around 110m/s at around 1000m, and should climb as the atmosphere thins during ascent - I remember reading a tutorial ages ago when I first started playing which said that I should be doing 110m/s at 1km altitude and 220m/s at 10km. Previous versions of mechjeb accelerated at about this rate by throttling down due to hitting terminal velocity very early during ascent.

But here's what I see: When my ship is on the pad before I launch, the terminal velocity reads either NaN or ~70m/s. But as soon as I launch (less than 200m from the pad), It reads somewhere around 400m/s and starts falling during ascent. As the terminal velocity figure falls, my ship's speed increases. this goes on until somewhere around 5kms altitude, at which point the ship has accelerated up to about 330m/s and terminal velocity has dropped to 330m/s, so the "limit to terminal velocity" option kicks in and mechjeb throttles down.

After a little while (I think it's around 8km altitude), the terminal velocity speed starts rising again and mechjeb throttles back up and gets me into orbit.

It's been a while since I played kerbal (I heard about the 1.0 release and decided to see what was new), so perhaps something has changed or I'm missing something. I seem to be using more fuel to get into orbit using mechjeb than doing it manually and limiting my speed as mentioned above (220m/s at 10km).

If there are any logs or more detailed info I can provide to help track this down, or tests you'd like me to do, please let me know. I'm running KSP via steam on ubuntu, using the dev build from a few hours ago.

Thanks!