[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Is it possible to turn this off?

No. I had to add this because the game disable all node related call until the tracking station is upgraded and Mechjeb was crashing when calling them.

skips : it was x2 in the old version and I kept it that way. It is true that now that the value is much larger the factor has a big impact. I'll change it

Edited by sarbian

Hello, It seems that the landing autopilot does not work very well. I have errors in the calculated landing point during a landing on Tylo and vessel wobbling during landings on Moho. The following pictures shows the landing point error on Tylo.

I'm using the last version of mechjeb and KSP 1.02.

Here is shown the trajectory before autopilot activation

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PfU9_8mvaAV3FvN0wtWmVhbWM&authuser=0

Target set, autopilot not activated

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PfU9_8mvaAOFlsdmFYSUk3VUU&authuser=0

Autopilot activated, the landing point switch position under the vessel and mechjeb burn progade to raise orbit, untill the craft will not land anymore.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PfU9_8mvaANWlWQ0ZGdDZSU1E&authuser=0

Edited by paelleon

This image is two separate images combined into one: image 1 was the Docking Auto-pilot active; image 2 was SMART A.S.S. (TGT) active

You'll note at NavyFish's DPAI shows the vessel at 180-degrees orientation. However, the Docking Autopilot shows the vessel at 0 degrees, when active. The SMART A.S.S. (TGT)(-PAR), when active, correctly shows the orientation at 180 degrees.

When both are set to 0 degrees, and switching between the two, it causes the vessel to rotate 180 degrees with each change. My work-around (as shown) is to set DAP to 0 degrees and SMART A.S.S (TGT) to 180 degrees.

qBUNjNj.jpg

Using dev version #464

Edited by Apollo13

Hello, It seems that the landing autopilot does not work very well. I have errors in the calculated landing point during a landing on Tylo and vessel wobbling during landings on Moho. The following pictures shows the landing point error on Tylo.

I'm using the last version of mechjeb and KSP 1.02.

Here is shown the trajectory before autopilot activation

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PfU9_8mvaAV3FvN0wtWmVhbWM&authuser=0

Target set, autopilot not activated

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PfU9_8mvaAOFlsdmFYSUk3VUU&authuser=0

Autopilot activated, the landing point switch position under the vessel and mechjeb burn progade to raise orbit, untill the craft will not land anymore.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-PfU9_8mvaANWlWQ0ZGdDZSU1E&authuser=0

I am noticing that the MJ tab on the right side isn't appearing in map mode in those screenshots and it's supposed to, so yeah, which version are you using and have you tried the latest dev version?

#465 should fix more DeltaV/node bugs and the stock fairing mass.

I also added an third display mode to the DeltaV windows that display even more info. If you have a problem with node burning please take a screenshot with the "Debug stats" mode.

paelleon : hum. I ll see if I can have a look tomorrow. I need a break today.

skips : changed it to 1.1 (because why not)

Apollo13 : indeed, there was 180° added in that code. I forgot why... but I removed it. It will be in the next time I build a new dev.

Edited by sarbian

Sarbian, you're awesome. :)

You haven't said anything about the bug reports that I posted back on page 1033, here and here though.

Edit: You can answer back tomorrow though, no hurry. :)

Edited by smjjames

I don't know why but when I use MJ to execute maneuver node, it's always inaccurate, as in it doesn't execute the node at the correct burn time. Sometimes it burns too early and sometimes it burns too late. Anyone else with the same problem?

On the Ascend Guidance I can not get it to go south on Kerbin. When adding degrees to Orbit Inclination, 0 goes west, 90 goes north 180 goes east and 270 also goes north?

#465 should fix more DeltaV/node bugs and the stock fairing mass.

I also added an third display mode to the DeltaV windows that display even more info. If you have a problem with node burning please take a screenshot with the "Debug stats" mode.

paelleon : hum. I ll see if I can have a look tomorrow. I need a break today.

skips : changed it to 1.1 (because why not)

Apollo13 : indeed, there was 180° added in that code. I forgot why... but I removed it. It will be in the next time I build a new dev.

Heres the screen capture with the DV debug info:

5upRDGi.jpg

And after using the warp helper it didn't perform the burn either:

x8egFn7.jpg

Output log: http://www./view/dkvd2h8t8n5y93k/output_log.txt

Edited by AgentMOO

Love this mod. I simply would not play the game any longer without MechJeb. I find manually flying / docking to be tedious at best.

I'm using the latest release of MechJeb (came out a week or so ago?), and not the latest DEV release. Something I've encountered on every rocket I've built since has been confusing me. In the past, MJ would start the gravity turn around 7000m, give or take a few. Now, it is starting the gravity turn around 900-1000m. Very soon after lift-off. Is this on purpose? And yes, I've checked the "Ascent Path Editor" and it should still be around 7km. My ships / probes still reach orbit just fine. I'm just curious if this was intentional or a bug?

Anyone else having Rover Autopilot issues? I was out testing an ore tanker, using the big ruggedized wheels, and I set the speed control to 8. However, the window insists on making me drive at maximum speed [23 m/s], even after I set it down to 1. Setting it to .9 or below makes me drive backwards. Is this normal or something...?

I'm using the latest release of MechJeb (came out a week or so ago?), and not the latest DEV release. Something I've encountered on every rocket I've built since has been confusing me. In the past, MJ would start the gravity turn around 7000m, give or take a few. Now, it is starting the gravity turn around 900-1000m. Very soon after lift-off. Is this on purpose? And yes, I've checked the "Ascent Path Editor" and it should still be around 7km. My ships / probes still reach orbit just fine. I'm just curious if this was intentional or a bug?

I noticed the same thing. I am using the latest dev build. I came back after some years (0.6.0 was the last release I played) and at that time 8-9 km was the point where the gravity turn started.

I guess that with the new aerodynamics things have changed and current trajectory is more optimized.

The Ascent Path Editor is not working for me either (the altitude I put there is simply ignored).

I agree that MJ is a wonderful tool :)

I noticed the same thing. I am using the latest dev build. I came back after some years (0.6.0 was the last release I played) and at that time 8-9 km was the point where the gravity turn started.

I guess that with the new aerodynamics things have changed and current trajectory is more optimized.

The Ascent Path Editor is not working for me either (the altitude I put there is simply ignored).

I agree that MJ is a wonderful tool :)

It's been discussed a few pages back already. Ascent Path editor has [x] Automatic altitude turn option. You can switch it off and set up your own parameters though it's not necessary. The rocket starts the turn at certain speed now, not altitude.

Ok I give up. You have a new UI in the last Dev for the ascent path auto turn velocity. I resisted the urge to make the "Turn Velocity" 4 times larger and blinking red.

Well, still can't get MechJeb to activate and control the throttle during node execution. Everything is completely up-to-date. I'm stumped. Logs attached. Any ideas?

Log

GameData

I'm having the same issue. No warping, no node execution, and it will actively prevent me from adjusting throttle on my own (but it will adjust the heading properly).

Edit: I removed and reinstalled Mechjeb (everything done via CKAN) which had no effect. Third time shutting down and rebooting the program seems to have resolved it though, so yay! Not sure how I got that to happen in the first place; Mechjeb is very reliable as mods go. I had just installed a few mods which caused KSP to crash on boot, then removed them, so I'm guessing something changed some shared files?

Anyway, thank you for running this mod. Takes the pain out of a million repetitive, simple burns and hour-long burns, plus the instrumentation is invaluable. It really makes certain strategies playable.

Edited by nezumi