[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

help please

whenever i launch a spaceplane down the runway on a 90 degree heading it always turns to the left. I now launch my planes manually but I really want to set up an autopilot to get into orbit

Interestingly, people were reporting the exact same thing (unexplained veer to north) with my old joint fixer plugin. I never did figure out why that happened unfortunately, and I tore apart just about everything trying to figure it out.

Hey!

From me too: You guys did a wonderful job with this Plug-In!!

Not that I spent much time on this game anyways, but now it\'s even more....

:-D

I have just one question/problem: When I click on the 'Online Manual' button, it refers me to the MechJebWiki with the manual, which unfortunately is a few month old and hasn\'t the explanation of the Rendevous application.

I want to Rendevous but it doesn\'t work properly, maybe because I have no idea what the buttons do (c;

Keep on your good work!

Edit: Maybe it\'s a stupid question, but do you need Rendevous Engines to automaticly Rendevous?

Yeah, I\'d like a few hints on how to use the Rendezvous module, I\'ve tried a few things, and it seems like it\'s trying to do something, (I tried 'Sync Orbits' I think) but it doesn\'t like time warping, so I tried watching the readout while it\'s waiting for apsis, then turning off warp as fast as possible so it can burn, and sometimes that works, and it changes the orbit, but most times it doesn\'t and I end up shooting into space.

I don\'t know if this has been addressed already but it is a rather serious shortcoming of Mechjeb:

Is seems that mechjeb currently does not utilize SAS units that are on a vessel.

Not Mechjeb, nor anything else can utilize *SAS units, because each unit has its own logic. They do their thing by themselves, so they will fight control inputs generated by different laws.

I had proposed a kinda-sorta workaround for this, but it didn\'t get much traction.

Is it just me, or is the last version full of bugs?

-S.A.S turning on and off

-slow rotation

-Rendezvous module and orbital information on at the same time causes mechjeb to become invisible

-AN and DN points at the wrong place

-Landing autopilot cant use land on map

wtf is going on? :P

Having some issues using 'Select target on map' when trying to land on the Mun. For some reason I can\'t get the coordinates to show when I highlight Mun, only on Kerbin. Probably something obvious I\'m missing here =P. Any help?

Are you planning to completely automate the randavios system? I cont seem to figure out how to work it and it would be nice if all you had to do was get in orbit around the same planet or moon and then tell it to randavios with a selected craft and it would just so it.

I\'m not entirely sure why, but when I install this mod, all of the control parts (but not the basic pod parts) are greyed out when I try and use them to build.

The bottom right corner of my main menu says it\'s 0.15.2. Is this version compatible and if it isn\'t, how do I get to a compatible version?

Is it just me, or is the last version full of bugs?

-S.A.S turning on and off

-slow rotation

-Rendezvous module and orbital information on at the same time causes mechjeb to become invisible

-AN and DN points at the wrong place

-Landing autopilot cant use land on map

wtf is going on? :P

just listing some bugs, not mad or anything, amazing mod you\'ve made man :)

I\'m still getting a 'This part type isn\'t available in this version of KSP' error even when using MechJeb version 1.9 with KSP 0.16.

I was getting this issue with the last version of Mechjeb and 15.2. It seems that Mechjeb doesn\'t like to work when your KSP folder is located in 'Program Files'. Simply move the game folder to an area that Windows 7\'s User Account Control doesn\'t stick it\'s nose (like 'My Documents'), and Mechjeb will run just fine. If you\'re like me and can\'t stand to have the game folder elsewhere, open up the compatibility settings of 'KSP.exe' and set it to always run as administrator. This instantly fixed all of my 'this part type...' errors, hopefully it will do the same for yours!

I was getting this issue with the last version of Mechjeb and 15.2. It seems that Mechjeb doesn\'t like to work when your KSP folder is located in 'Program Files'. Simply move the game folder to an area that Windows 7\'s User Account Control doesn\'t stick it\'s nose (like 'My Documents'), and Mechjeb will run just fine. If you\'re like me and can\'t stand to have the game folder elsewhere, open up the compatibility settings of 'KSP.exe' and set it to always run as administrator. This instantly fixed all of my 'this part type...' errors, hopefully it will do the same for yours!

Thanks, did not know that was the problem.

The \'hold heading and alt\' feature seems like me to be a suicide simulator. When I used it on my aircraft it just dragged it into a progressively heavier dive.

Edit: Same for the autoland. It just snap-controls the surfaces (all controls snapping from one end of the scale to the other, particularly roll) then dives. Hard.