[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

It\'s been removed \'cause it didn\'t work properly...

Kerbals everywhere have been trying, and failing, to make sense of that statement.

(I\'ve resorted to assuring them that '\'cause' is just a strange idiomatic contraction of the phrase 'despite the fact that'. It\'s working okay so far.)

I have been having trouble with Orbiting, I am rather new to KSP altogether, so I have a rocket (TR Mun Rocket II) and it\'s a one man rocket for the Mun, since I am new to KSP I made the rocket rely on mechjeb for orbiting. I get fair way up but the rocket just stops and doesnt thrust any more, I am not in a orbit when this happens... far from it and the Ascent Auto Pilot says Gravity Turn but it just makes me slam in to the middle of Kerbin, I have to rely on my special final stage (nick named: The Mushroom) to get Jebediah safely home.

When using the auto ascend option from Mechjeb, it is possible to set at which stage Mechjeb stops activating other stages. If you set it at stage 3, it won\'t activate stage 2 after the fuek of stage 3 has been spent (even if it means crashing to the ground).

RayvenQ, i also noticed that mechjeb not always gets you the correct inclination. Wanting inclination 0, getting inclination 180.

It\'s been removed \'cause it didn\'t work properly, it\'s not made by r4m0n and we have to wait for it\'s developer to update it, then it might be re-added.

Halfway correct. Yes, it was removed because it was far too broken. No, I won\'t wait for Zool to fix it, I\'ll fix it myself and add it back in 1.9.1 (soonâ„¢).

Kerbals everywhere have been trying, and failing, to make sense of that statement.

(I\'ve resorted to assuring them that '\'cause' is just a strange idiomatic contraction of the phrase 'despite the fact that'. It\'s working okay so far.)

\'cause is a (not very contractive) contraction of because, and at least in this case, was perfectly correct.

RayvenQ, i also noticed that mechjeb not always gets you the correct inclination. Wanting inclination 0, getting inclination 180.

Never seen that happen, can you send more info?

When using the auto ascend option from Mechjeb, it is possible to set at which stage Mechjeb stops activating other stages. If you set it at stage 3, it won\'t activate stage 2 after the fuek of stage 3 has been spent (even if it means crashing to the ground).

Tried it at 0 but what happend is the same thing and when I disabled MechJeb it wouldntthrust manually

please someone respond how do you install this?and if it is installed do i have to press a button or so0mthing to start it up or turn it on?

Step 1: Download the plugin

Step 2: Right-click the file in it\'s containing directory and click 'Extract files...'

Step 3: Direct the extraction to the KSP folder, make sure it is the right one, and when it is done visit the KSP folder.

Step 4: Open the created folder and copy the contents, close folder.

Step 5: Paste in the folder 'Plugins'

Step 6: Delete the folder created by the extraction process

Step 7: Run KSP, Use a older rocket or build a new one, get a MechJeb part from the controlls tab and attach.

Step 8: Goto the Launch Pad and click a bar at the side saying mechjeb.

Step 9: Click some thing you think will need,

Step 10: Press the questionmark in the corner of the window of mechjeb to find out details about this utility.

hey, a while ago I saw this picture, I cant seem to find it now (been sat here on google about 10 mins now) but it was a little robo kerbal with red eyes, it was awesome this person had done a proper job.

now we have a kerbal model,would it be possible to reskin it and have that as a mechjeb? would be pretty fancy

So I distinctly remember having Rincomp on Mechjeb. However, I can only see

Smart A.S.S.

Translatron

Orbital Information

Surface Information

Vessel Information

Landing Autopilot

Ascent Autopilot

Orbital Operations

Instrument Landing System (Should really be IFS for Instrument Flying System)

Autom8

Am I missing something here?

I\'m really bummed that the automated pods are not longer a part of MechJeb. :(

I really hope they make a return for the next version, but with the addition of a crew compartment. In other words, a totally automatic pod that flies without a pilot, but where a pilot could actually get into in orbit or on the surface of another world. That would allow for some really cool missions. :)

What I\'d like to do fi is send an automated lander into a Mun or Minmus orbit, then send a 3 man crew after it in a regular craft, then have 1 or 2 Kerbals transfer to the waiting lander. Land, explore the surface and then take off into another rendez-vous orbit with the original vehicle to return to Kerbin.

Not sure if anyone\'s mentioned it but several times now when i use the 'Land at target' for the Mun it just puts the time warp on max and stays like that, and just says 'moving to de-orbit burn point'...anyone know how to fix this or had it happen to them?

My land at target works fine.

It will de-orbit and do a correction then tell me it\'s safe to warp. It will let me warp and it forces x1 at an altitude of 40km where it drifts to 35km and starts a LONG breaking burn.

Im having \'some problems with the Landing Autopilot as well. Somehow Mechjeb doesn\'t take the terrain altitude into account, the craft start brake too late and the craft happily explodes on the surface of the mun.

I\'m just using stock, Mechjeb 1.9 and the IFE parts.

I\'m really bummed that the automated pods are not longer a part of MechJeb. :(

What? The unmanned pods still work! There\'s just a little bug if you use them together with a crew tank, but otherwise they are fine.

Oh, by the way, the 1m version of the pod needs a bit more duct tape attached to its connecting points...putting it between the 2m command pod and large parachute results in the parachute and MechJeb getting yanked off when when the canopy inflates.