[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Are you planning on adding an interplanetary transfer autopilot soon?

I think it whould be a great idea to even have a tool to help you time the transfer injection and help you point the ship in the right direction for people who like manual flying. :cool:

Are you planning on adding an interplanetary transfer autopilot soon?

I think it whould be a great idea to even have a tool to help you time the transfer injection and help you point the ship in the right direction for people who like manual flying. :cool:

I will be adding some transfer times tables to start with, then adding full automation as time goes by.

Can you please make it use 100000x time warp for warping to planetary transfer burns? It could detect in which SoI it is and adjust time warp usage based on that.

I have uploaded an experimental uncapped version here: http://www.mumech.com/uploads/MuMechLib.dll. Let me know if it doesn't decelerate fast enough.

I figured out that first you must orbit the sun, then you can go to planets. Also wish warp was faster... to the Mun it's great, but when you travel to Jool, warp just seems so slow sometimes.

Made it to Eve though! (Sort of) and with help from MechJeb! If I knew how to collapse photos I would..sorry :/

screenshot3_zpsad7968c0.png

Is it possible to have a version JUST with the readouts for orbital info and stuff so you don't have to mess with autopilot.

Perhaps different versions. One full-featured, one that has readouts AND Smart A.S.S. And one just with the readouts.

Or is there something in the configs?

@Rabblerouser While I want what you suggest, thinking like a developer, I would not want to fragment the mod and possibly compound issues (making separate threads for each so you don't have to ask "were you using the auto pilot version or stats version or an old version?") it makes it an unnecessarily larger undertaking when the mod already allows you to hide everything you don't use. But yeah I totally want a stand alone smart A.S.S. mod that lets you map all the functions to a joystick and what not...but those are just dreams :(

My spacecraft explodes after I set the injection and it tries to come out of timewarp, from what I can tell it's because it stops time accelerating immediately instead of gradually, the new fun 'space chimera' bug. I'm really not smart enough to get to a planet without mechjeb, does the interplanetary injection work for other people?

I'm trying to use a shuttle that can actually fly in and land on the planet and then take off again, here's the design: http://i.imgur.com/Izca7.png Does it just have too many parts?

Thanks for the fast update, mechjeb makes kerbals possible for me!

Thank GOD electricshoe. I thought I was the only one! It's NOT just you. I've had simple rockets, complex rockets- doesn't matter. I've managed to exit the time warp MANUALLY and survive- and as such have macguyvered a temporary (messy) solution: quicksave, let it explode, note where it exploded, and try to warp as close to that point as possible. That's the ONLY way I found, at least for now...

[Edit] [edit] Pardon the previous stupid that was here, if you read it. it WILL get you to the planetary body of your choice. It just won't do so in one piece if you try to warp.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong- but doesn't this thing have one hell of a problem getting to anything 'below' Kerbin?

Edited by Tassyr

My MechJeb 1.9.2 isn't working too well with .17. Does the interplanetary transfer actually work? I get into an orbit around the Sun, selected the transfer and just end up circling the Sun indefinitely - "moving to injection point".

Anybody had any success?

My MechJeb 1.9.2 isn't working too well with .17. Does the interplanetary transfer actually work? I get into an orbit around the Sun, selected the transfer and just end up circling the Sun indefinitely - "moving to injection point".

Anybody had any success?

That's always been in any MechJeb version. It's a semi-rare bug.

I tested the version r4mon put up with unlimited time warp.

Few observations:

• Can not transfer to lower planets, just keeps circling saying "moving to injection burn point"
  • Doesn't warp 100000x to mid-course corrections, doesn't do them correctly (missed Jool, almost Duna, but wrong periapsis)
  • Comes out of warp for the injection burn correctly.

If you can fix those two issues, this would be awesome.