[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Does the most recent beta actually do planetary transfers right?

It does them successfully, not sure what you mean by "right". After getting there manually, I have also been able to get to Eve and Duna with mechjeb 1.9.3, but I think it's easier to do some of the burns manually.

Edited by CrashnBurn

So, apparently it's half and half with the beta - with 1.9.3, my ship executes the main burn and then the command pod falls right off. Even tried strut spam and everything, but it always loses connection with the rest of the ship. Wish this was fixed, as I'm a better builder than pilot.

Anyone want to bump the download link for the .3 beta up? I can't seem to find it.

I can't find the beta either...

Update: found it. http://www.mumech.com/uploads/MuMechLib.dll

For me it failed when I have used the Sepatron booster placed in the same stage as the radial decouplers.

The previous launch the autostaging was working, but my boosters took my liquid engines with them. So I've added the sepatrons on the boosters and autostaging failed.

But did not test with the version of this morning.

Same thing here. 1.9.2 staging is broken by Sepratrons.

Edited by Bureaucromancer

I just recently went through with a fresh download of KSP .16 (.17 is having too much trouble with me) and decided to try out the Kethane, Payload, and Satelite mods from MMI. I have all the plugins that are "required" but I can't seem to get mechjeb to function properly. I have tried all the different part versions of Mechjeb and they all have the menu except I can't use the auto-ascent function on my rockets, as that is as far as I have gone in trying to find out all the bugs.

I have tried building simple 1 fuel, 1 rocket ships that can't even start up, Mech jeb just keeps awaiting launch after the 1st stage is going. Any solutions?

Edit: I am using v1.9.2 as far as I know. After some basic toying around I have also found that my rockets will only sputter for a split second (with a mechjeb part) and then stop going all together no matter what I do, I am starting to think that this may be a bug with the PowerTech_MuMech Plugin.

Edited by NebulaNine
New Info

Ship parts of the ship explode when using MechJeb to perform a Trans-Duna injection burn. Ship explodes immediately after exiting the 100000x warp. It looks like MechJeb sets the warp from 100000x to 1x instantaneously, instead of stepping it down as it would under a user's control.

Is there any way to set up MechJeb to step down the warp factor?

Why is it that all of the sudden, ascent autopilot can't pilot a ship I KNOW it could pilot 0.16 without taking it apart.

Even Smart A.S.S. seems borked.

I kick the throttle up, activate RAD+ (away from orbiting body) orientation, activate launch. And all of the sudden, the ship's going crazy.

Two theories:

a) 0.17 seems to have introduced a new way SAS works. SAS just... feels different now. Much different. If MechJeb relies on SAS as it behaved before, that could be an issue.

B) I think MechJeb might have orientations a bit off. I eventually had just the pod in the air and when I set it to RAD+, yeah, it was point away from Kerban, but at a bit of an angle. Not perpedicular to the surface, like it was a few degrees off.

the name of your craft extends over 2 lines, that's why everything beneath it is displaced. Simply change the name of your craft (try removing the hyphen first).

cheers

No, it's not that, I have other ships with long names, and it doesn't do that, It's just some letters that make it do that. R, L and some others...