[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

First of all, major thanks for MechJeb - it's made things like ascent, ship attitude control and certain orbital maneuvers so much easier to do! After I figured out how to do them manually, MechJeb just takes the busywork out of it :)

I would like to suggest that the aerobrake prediction feature be moved to the Orbital Maneuvers panel - preferably in such a way that I can input my desired apoapsis and MJ will burn to the correct perigree for it. Given that you've figured out the aerobrake math I think this should be possible? I'm suggesting this because, to me, aerobrakes are more a part of orbital operations (Jool missions especially) than something used purely for landings.

Thanks for your time!

The latest MechJeb seems to have issues with aircraft, it says the TWR is 0, and when I turn on Smart A.S.S. it doesn't use any of the control surfaces.

Don't tell me to use http://idea.ksp.mumech.com/, it keeps saying the numbers I enter are wrong, even though they arn't. Fix that also.

What says your numbers are wrong, and can you send a screenshot of that?

What says your numbers are wrong, and can you send a screenshot of that?

Sure:

P1.PNG

When I hit 'share your idea':

P2.PNG

And the control surfaces glitch:

Screenshot784.png

I couldn't find any images initially, so I restarted KSP, and the TWR are showing, but ASS doesn't use canards on the aircraft (But works perfectly well with rockets). See the bottom left, how it's not even trying to correct? I did notice, however, when the plane took off, ASS used the canards.

i had a problem downloading this mod, when i downloaded it like i would any other mod it said that the parts were not available in this version when i tried to use them in-game ynow when i was building my rocket, and i am on version 0.17, whats up with that?

Any blog or otherwise where we loyal followers can track your progress on fixes and new modules and such? I, for one, would like to see the progress you make on Mechjeb and its relations. On another tack, is there a rendezvous autopilot on its way, or even possible? I learn best from example, after watching mechjeb do all its operations, i became much better at sending my rockets where I want them to go.

Very nice plug ;) but I've got a problem : when I use any type of MechJeb in flight , I cann't control my ship anymore (even if MechJeb off);

I tried to update, take an old version but nothing changed !

I don't know what I have to do.

This may have been addressed elsewhere, but I wanted to bring it to the group to see if someone had a solution. I want to have multiple missions flying at the same time. But I don't want to have a kerbal sitting on the Mun for a year because I'm busy flying my Duna lander. I'd like to set up Mechjeb to lay a course in, make the insertion burn, then leave and fly other things while it's on its path. The trouble I'm having is getting Mechjeb to fire an insertion burn without having to wait 5.5M sec or some other insane amount of time. What's the best way to get a ship into place to fire an insertion burn not long after leaving Kerbin orbit?

Hey guys, my MechJeb is acting strangely and I was wondering if someone could help me. Whenever I use it to get into a transfer orbit, it juts puts the ship at a heading this completely off from what it should be. I tried reinstalling it, but it didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hey guys, my MechJeb is acting strangely and I was wondering if someone could help me. Whenever I use it to get into a transfer orbit, it juts puts the ship at a heading this completely off from what it should be. I tried reinstalling it, but it didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you starting from circular orbit, 0 inclination?

Hey so with the panic button. Is there any way to make it activate a certain stage? I'm trying to make a stock launch escape system but then everything like parachutes and the decoupler would have to go on the last stage so they don't fire. I hope you could add this in so you just just add activate stage then enter the #.

I found a bug with the Transfer Injection feature. I've attempted twice now to send an orbiter to Eve, but the Orbital Ops injection feature just screws it up every time. There are bugs like the minutes/kilometers/seconds countdown not changing and the transfer burn not being executed when it should be.

no, I'm in an orbit around the sun.

Never tried that but I have a sneaky suspicion it won't work since the help doc specifically states that you need to be in circular orbit, 0 inclination since that's taken as a base for calculations.

Poor r4m0n.

I like MechJeb just fine. You're creation is amazing, and you're doing a great job.

(Now just fix the landing autopilot and allow us to transfer to interior orbital bodies and ignore what everyone else is saying.)

I suck at flying manually. Mechjeb is the reason I'm addicted to playing KSP :)

Thanks to Mechjeb, I managed to orbit and map all planets and moons.... Except for Moho...

Are there ways to get to Moho with Mechjeb, or does it have to be Trial & Error at infinitum?

I am having problems with mechjeb 1.9.3 on version .17 of KSP. When I go to my assembly building it says this part is not available in this version of KSP. I have installed the enitre package including parts and plugin and it won't work, not even mechjeb that I put on some of my rockets in 1.9.1 version .16 of KSP old will work please help.