[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I converted all the old MechJeb pods from version 1.9.8 to 2.0.7 but the animations don't seem to work anymore! That is a real shame because it was great to see those pods open up to cool down the artificial brain inside!!

You should get that back to work and convert all those old pods because they where really good and we all love them!!!

My best regards.

New to KSP, loving mechjeb.

A couple of requests for spaceplanes.

Ascent: I use Smart ASS to ascend, I use PIT: 40deg to 10km, 20deg to 20km, then 10deg. Could you maybe modify ascent guidance to cater for this? Just add "start angle" (Set to 40 for plane) and "end angle" (For me, 10) to ascent guidance?

Descent: Please add a "Hold current alt, fly towards KSC" button to Smart ASS.

Also a "hold alt x until y km from runway" would be nice for spaceplane guidance - the mountains ~35km to the w of the runway are inside the 3deg glide path, this will make descent safer.

You should get that back to work and convert all those old pods because they where really good and we all love them!!!

Actually, "we all" don't. More than a few of us hated the blue glowy lights and the animated doors that clipped into other parts of the craft when opened.

And I think they can handle setting their own priorities. Core functionality seems rather more important than cosmetics, anyway.

Edited by RoboRay

Actually, "we all" don't. More than a few of us hated the blue glowy lights and the animated doors that clipped into other parts of the craft when opened.

And I think they can handle setting their own priorities. Core functionality seems rather more important than cosmetics, anyway.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

And if you wanna know the new see-through menus suck!!! Are hard to read under some circumstances and the blue glowing brain ROCKS!!!

Edited by Kodiak

Data I can't read isn't very useful to me. :)

There needs to at least be an option to reduce or eliminate the transparency. It's not urgently needed, but it definitely needs to come eventually.

Uh, no thanks. I'm going to stick with the native resolution of my monitor. I have no graphics performance issues that would cause me to reduce it.

Transparency issues are from the text blending into the background objects, not resolution problems.

my mecjeb isnt working, the parts are there, but nothing shows up

Sir, you do know that you have to put mechjeb (control group) onto your ship to see any interface at all?

So.. with 2.0.7 it seems that most dockings are successful actualy. But now my space program is in stage of landing and I've discovered that neither 1.9.8 landing autopilot nor 2.0.7 works for me. I'm landing from 78km orbit to the Mun, 1.9.8 land me 60km away and crush at 150+ m/s to the surface and 2.0.7 does nothing ;no deorbit burn ... :/

I'm loving version 2 especialy the transparent GUI, please don't take it away!

I'm signing bellow. The interface is 1000% better then that horrible grey, and with transparent, i see more of the game and still can interact with it even below the window.

This has no price!

So.. with 2.0.7 it seems that most dockings are successful actualy. But now my space program is in stage of landing and I've discovered that neither 1.9.8 landing autopilot nor 2.0.7 works for me. I'm landing from 78km orbit to the Mun, 1.9.8 land me 60km away and crush at 150+ m/s to the surface and 2.0.7 does nothing ;no deorbit burn ... :/

I have this problem too, but only when I type in coordinates. If I select it from the surface of a body it lands flawlessly.

when landing select anywhere first then update with the numbers. or landing to another object already on the ground seems to work pretty good.

also you think we might be able to get yellow indicator with black numbers. its impossible to read yellow on yellow.

par - and par + under tgt seem to be doing the same thing nothing.

New to KSP, first post here actually. KSP is one of the funnest and most challenging games I've ever played. Can't believe it's only at 0.19 and runs better than supposedly complete games like simcity.

Few things, thank you for an amazing mod. Much more entertaining being able to concentrate on building and exploration and allowing mechjeb to do the routine stuff.

I too have had the menu gui issues with 2.0.7. This might help you track down the bug. Deleting the settings.cfg file in the root KSP folder fixes it (temporarily at least, but whatever is being changed gets reset deleting that one file), although you have to redo all graphic settings again. No idea why, but it works for me every time the menus go bonkers. Not a huge issue, especially for an alpha game with so many mods already. Nor is it game breaking.

And last, this and Ferram's FAR don't seem to play too nicely together, at least when in atmosphere. Especially on automated orbits, mechjeb sends my rockets into deathspins and usually misses gravity turns. Any way around this, or must I choose between the two? Easy choice, but some of the changes FAR makes are quite fun.

Thanks again, great work...they need to make this mod part of the game itself.

I have this problem too, but only when I type in coordinates. If I select it from the surface of a body it lands flawlessly.

Thx for th tip, I'll try that.

EDIT: Well, 2.0.7 landed me only 3km away with 90 m/s landing speed :/ 1.9.8 seemed to work but when I was 1km away engines stops and I fell down and crush at 20+ m/s.

I mean, sure I can take it from there with translatron, but that still means that both landing APs are not working for me :(

Edited by elkar

New to KSP, first post here actually. KSP is one of the funnest and most challenging games I've ever played. Can't believe it's only at 0.19 and runs better than supposedly complete games like simcity.

Few things, thank you for an amazing mod. Much more entertaining being able to concentrate on building and exploration and allowing mechjeb to do the routine stuff.

I too have had the menu gui issues with 2.0.7. This might help you track down the bug. Deleting the settings.cfg file in the root KSP folder fixes it (temporarily at least, but whatever is being changed gets reset deleting that one file), although you have to redo all graphic settings again. No idea why, but it works for me every time the menus go bonkers. Not a huge issue, especially for an alpha game with so many mods already. Nor is it game breaking.

And last, this and Ferram's FAR don't seem to play too nicely together, at least when in atmosphere. Especially on automated orbits, mechjeb sends my rockets into deathspins and usually misses gravity turns. Any way around this, or must I choose between the two? Easy choice, but some of the changes FAR makes are quite fun.

Thanks again, great work...they need to make this mod part of the game itself.

I haven't tried FAR, but I was just in the B9 thread and someone was having similar issues with that mod and FAR. From what I gather, FAR messes with the ASAS by causing an input delay or something. The recommendation was to remove all control surfaces from rockets unless it's massive and unstable. MechJeb is pretty good at balancing even without them, especially if you have one of the larger pods, so you should be okay. Otherwise, getting into orbit manually and using MechJeb for the rest is an option.

Edit: Also, I, too, have been having problems with the Landing autopilot. Sometimes it gets stuck on a step, sometimes it forgets how to operate engines (Throttle goes up, engines are active, plenty of fuel getting to the engine..... engine still off), but most of the time it completes a successful landing... 30-200km away from my target. Tried using click-only, typing-only, and click-then-type, with both versions, from orbits of 30km Munar orbit to 100km Kerbin orbit to 1000km kerbin orbit. Same results with all of them.

Edited by loppnessmonsta