[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Hi all,

Among other improvements, 2.0.8 comes with some fixes to the landing autopilot and rendezvous guidance. If you were having trouble with these in the past, try them out in this version. They're likely not perfect, but bug reports will be very useful now because we've fixed some bad but superficial bugs that may have masked more substantial underlying issues.

2.0.8 also fixes a bug where adding the MJ PartModule to a command pod's part.cfg would cause your settings and custom windows to be lost. This fixes all the custom window persistence problems we know about, so please tell us if you are still having any problems with windows not saving.

If you do run across a bug, the Github issue tracker is the best place to report it.

Edited by The_Duck

hey guys, problem with the rendezvous autopilot in 2.0.8. It gets you to match the planes and set up for hohmann transfer and then says u have 69 years to get close, and no warp. i ended up just warping myself to the meetup spot, then disengaged autopilot and re-engaged, fixed to close approach...

Hi all,

Among other improvements, 2.0.8 comes with some fixes to the landing autopilot and rendezvous guidance. If you were having trouble with these in the past, try them out in this version. They're likely not perfect, but bug reports will be very useful now because we've fixed some bad but superficial bugs that may have masked more substantial underlying issues.

2.0.8 also fixes a bug where adding the MJ PartModule to a command pod's part.cfg would cause your settings and custom windows to be lost. This fixes all the custom window persistence problems we know about, so please tell us if you are still having any problems with windows not saving.

If you do run across a bug, the Github issue tracker is the best place to report it.

I lost all custom windows, so, knowing that i have a backup copy off entire KSP 19.1, can i restore my windows back? how?

hey guys, problem with the rendezvous autopilot in 2.0.8. It gets you to match the planes and set up for hohmann transfer and then says u have 69 years to get close, and no warp. i ended up just warping myself to the meetup spot, then disengaged autopilot and re-engaged, fixed to close approach...

Thanks, can you provide more details on the orbital situation? We need that in order to try to reproduce the problem on our end. For example, what altitude orbit were you in, what altitude orbit was the target in, and how far were you from the target?

Thanks, can you provide more details on the orbital situation? We need that in order to try to reproduce the problem on our end. For example, what altitude orbit were you in, what altitude orbit was the target in, and how far were you from the target?

Well I started at 350km kerbin orbit. I was trying to get to the moon. It sets up the plane alignment and then does a few other things. Then it gets to Hohmann transfer and the nodes state -68years countdown and does not warp. This is the same for whatever target I choose.

I then have to manually warp and eyeball on my map screen till im close enough to the target to disengage the rendezvous and re-engage it, sure enough it sees im close enough to the target and sets up what I assume is matching velocity. So that gap in between, theres a bug there somewhere.

I lost all custom windows, so, knowing that i have a backup copy off entire KSP 19.1, can i restore my windows back? how?

If you want to bring over your old settings and windows from KSP 0.19.1, copy the old MechJeb settings file at

<your KSP 0.19.1 folder>\PluginData\mechjeb2\mechjeb_settings_global.cfg

to the new location at

<your KSP 0.20 folder>\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\PluginData\MechJeb2\mechjeb_settings_global.cfg

overwriting whatever settings file is already there. This will overwrite any new settings and windows from 0.20, replacing them with your old settings and windows from 0.19.1.

I'm liking 0.20 a lot. The landing autopilot is working great so far. I had to send a recue mission to the Mun. I manually entered the numbers to the location and Mechjeb worked perfectly! Thanks for the hard work! Mechjeb is the only way I can do some of these things which makes it fun for me.

Stupid question I know, but I've been away for a while and only just got back a week or so ago, and I was curious; Can Mechjeb successfully get me to Jool by itself now or do I still have to figure out transfer orbits and stuff myself? I'm kinda bad at eyeballing things and I've lost a lot of ships so far trying to wing it....

Sorry if its a rude question.

If you want to bring over your old settings and windows from KSP 0.19.1, copy the old MechJeb settings file at

<your KSP 0.19.1 folder>\PluginData\mechjeb2\mechjeb_settings_global.cfg

to the new location at

<your KSP 0.20 folder>\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\PluginData\MechJeb2\mechjeb_settings_global.cfg

overwriting whatever settings file is already there. This will overwrite any new settings and windows from 0.20, replacing them with your old settings and windows from 0.19.1.

I found it all, thanks! :)

And in my resolution, 1920x1080, the new position for the Mechjeb 2.0.8 menu is in the same of Map info view...

2.0.8 released!

MechJeb2 is compatible with the new GameData folder, so just extract the zip directly under GameData and everything should work just fine.

Thanks very much for the quick update. Works fine with my newly downloaded 0.20.

Maybe I am missing something...

I copied over the Mechjeb2 folder into game data. I have the mechjeb part available but the plugin doesn't appear to be doing anything... Any idea how I could fix this? I completely removed the old mech jeb.

Maybe I am missing something...

I copied over the Mechjeb2 folder into game data. I have the mechjeb part available but the plugin doesn't appear to be doing anything... Any idea how I could fix this? I completely removed the old mech jeb.

I'm having the same issue, on OS X. How do I go about getting 2.0.8 working?

I fixed it by uninstalling KSP and reinstalling it... Something must have had a conflict somewhere... Wish I could be more specifically helpful, but I decided that nuking it would be the least headaches (because I had a lot of mods)

Well I started at 350km kerbin orbit. I was trying to get to the moon. It sets up the plane alignment and then does a few other things. Then it gets to Hohmann transfer and the nodes state -68years countdown and does not warp.

Thanks, I'm still confused though: how does the moon fit in here? Is it your target? Or is your target a vessel in orbit around the moon, or what? If the moon isn't your target, what is your target's orbit?

If you hit Alt-F2, are there any red errors showing when this happens?

Can Mechjeb successfully get me to Jool by itself now or do I still have to figure out transfer orbits and stuff myself?

Yes, check out the maneuver planner, which can plot a transfer orbit from one planet to another. You'll also want to make use of the "fine tune closest approach to target" maneuver.

Yes, check out the maneuver planner, which can plot a transfer orbit from one planet to another. You'll also want to make use of the "fine tune closest approach to target" maneuver.

Thanks a million Duck!

Did y'all fix ascent guidance too? Other than a slightly wobbly initial pitchover, the gravity turn is continuous and glass smooth like the bird was on rails... absolutely textbook.

Still drinks monopropellant like a fish though, even though I don't have an ASA module installed.

Is there an issue using the nuclearEngine as an upper stage with MechJeb Ascent Guidance function? When I switch from a conventional to the nuke engine, the ascent steering is all wonky and that's before I even have started to use the nuke upper stage. I just want to know if it's MechJeb or just something I'm doing that's wonky:blush:

Edited by jztemple

I'd still like to know if there's a workaround in MechJeb to support Jet Engines as a first stage of a rocket design.

I already have Jet/Rockets. And work like wise with Mj.

Search for the STAR Series in the Craft Exchange....

I attempted a landing on Dres this evening using the Landing Autopilot. I found that the autopilot got within a few meters of landing, then gunned the engine for no reason. Needless to say, the poor Kerbal died a few moments later when the spacecraft tipped over and the engine cut out. Anyone else seen this?

I attempted a landing on Dres this evening using the Landing Autopilot. I found that the autopilot got within a few meters of landing, then gunned the engine for no reason. Needless to say, the poor Kerbal died a few moments later when the spacecraft tipped over and the engine cut out. Anyone else seen this?

Yes, just happened to me as well. It was doing it a while ago, then for the longest time I never saw this behavior again. I think I might have to experiment with different landing engines and thrusters and see if that might change the behavior.

Yeah, just disable it within the last few meters.