[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I so this in a Blog around here, and i do not use yet, but the guy who post it, tell that this is working.

So, i upload to my dropbox for you. Need the Mechjeb 2 installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5w9c1qh2fbh8nn/MechJeb.zip

I checked out your link, it's only got one part in it. the model for the mechjeb 1 parts are messed up, however, I'm using the MECHJEB 2 plugin on those parts, which is a simple edit in the cfg file. But the issue I'm having is texture and mesh issues, I tried fixing them myself, but they keep turning into cylinders instead of the mesh of the part. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Launch to non-circular orbits by specifying pe, ap, and inclination at launch time

I'd love to use MJ to launch my COMSATs to their Molniya orbits (75km, 3095km, 63.4 degrees) without first parking at 75km or lower and then doing a maneuver. This way I don't have to drag my ascent stage to orbit with me but can instead shoot way out and detach it while in a ballistic trajectory so it falls back to Kerbin.

I checked out your link, it's only got one part in it. the model for the mechjeb 1 parts are messed up, however, I'm using the MECHJEB 2 plugin on those parts, which is a simple edit in the cfg file. But the issue I'm having is texture and mesh issues, I tried fixing them myself, but they keep turning into cylinders instead of the mesh of the part. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Pretty sure the MJ1 parts need remodeled, since it seems KSP 0.20.x doesn't like these older model formats that were used.

Edit: the latest dev version of MJ 2 (2.0.8-68) fixed this problem.

Has anyone found a solution for the Auto-staging of parachutes that are by themselves in stage zero? I've tried disabling Auto-staging (even when I'm not using any MJ functions), I've also tried locking staging to 1 stage before the parachutes, and still no-joy.

Here's some screen-shots:

Note that the Chute has it's own Stage. With one press of the space bar, the upper craft should separate (note the de-coupler) and ignite it's engine.

screenshot158.jpg

However, with a press of the spacebar, Stage 1 Deploys (correctly) and then Stage 0 automatically deploys as well.

screenshot159.jpg

Edited by aggressorblue

Edit: the latest dev version of MJ 2 (2.0.8-68) fixed this problem.

Thanks for letting us know :D That was an annoying thing that made me shut down auto-staging whenever i was near a parachute stage.

Request for the next-up version of the build for mechjeb: I keep crashing my computer because mechjeb keeps using up spots of 300mb.

Take a look at the crashes I am listing here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/38352-Howdy-Have-some-crashes!

And it seems like mechjeb is causing it somehow....

Anyway, Thanks for inventing mechjeb! I could not fly without it!

I made a new version : www.sarbian.com/sarbian/MechJeb2.dll

2 included patch :

- Attitude controller Improvement (ASAS / Docking / Ascent Guidance ) by Raf04. This is the best part of this patch. Give him feedback : https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/pull/152

- Allow to force Roll for ASAS and Docking mode by me.

And all other dev patch up to MechJeb2-2.0.8.0-68 ( Jun 23 )

Source : https://github.com/sarbian/MechJeb2/tree/Raf04_Sarbian

So this allows automatic docking with full roll control? If so then excellent, that always pissed me off when I needed to make precise alignments. I would always have to autodock then cut it as I was about to make contact so I could quickly mash rolls and hope I get it perfect on the first try.

I am by no means an expert and I enjoy using Mechjeb, but it seems like it might be seriously broken to me. I am not sure when it started, but I think it was around .2 that I started getting more and more glitches. Rendezvous, Docking, Landing on anything, but the Mun and Minmus. Recently my Lander simply starts spining, tumbling end over end, after loading in, while landed on the Mun.

Seriously, it simply starts to tumble, end over end after I load in to a Lander that previously landed on the Mun! The tumbling starts the second I undock from my CSM, but Mechjeb can control it if I initiate landing, so I am not sure what the deal is with that.

I thought it might be the pod I was using, but while a stock pod is more stable at twice the weight, mechjeb can control the launch to rendezvous properly.

Now here is the thing. I have logged successful flight with mechjeb on all these rockets. At some points it seems that mechjeb starts to exhibit wacky behavior.

Could it be another mod? Could it be that I added mechjeb to all my pods?

Does MJ have a problem when craft are Hyperedit'ed into orbit? I'm testing my mod, and so HE stuff to Muna orbit (directly from the pad); when I try to do ANY manoeuvre (rendezvous or even simple change AP), the node gets set, and then MJ auto-warps past the node it just created (usually by 3m 30s or so), and then attempts to burn. At this point, the node marker flies off centre (probably because the node was missed in the first place), and even when it catches it, the burn never gets less than ~0.2 m/s.

I'm only testing a mod, I'd rather not have to run a whole mission to test whether my code is working.

(note for my sig: this is the ONLY time I use HyperEdit lol)

Edit: Yup, I can HE to Kerbin orbit, and MJ works fine. If I HE directly to Muna orbit, MJ doesn't work.

Edited by tek_604
Confirmed HE'ing to Kerbin orbit is ok.

Is there any way to use the 'time launch to rendezvous' countdown ONLY, without the autowarp, autothrottle, and autolaunch? Or at least get the bloody time warp to stop earlier? I'm trying to use it with a design that uses jets for its first stage instead of rockets, and they need at least 10-12 seconds prior to launch to spool up. The 'time launch to rendezvous' autopilot only gives them 4 seconds, so it falls back onto the landing pad, breaking two of the engines off, and sitting for several seconds until the engines spool up enough to lift it. It ignores the auto-warp setting, manually undoing the timewarp causes it to override you and redo it immediately, and the timer disappears if you try to shut it off.

So basically it's wrecking my rocket AND missing the launch window.

I use Hyperedit to test my MJ2 patch and didn't have any problem yet. Did you have any error in the log ?

Checked the logs, no errors from what I could see, but maybe I missed something.

Anyway, I got it to work by switching out of the craft once in Muna SOI, and back in again. At least I guess that's what fixed it.

Anyone give me any advise on what the hell this means in debug? I get it when getting with in visual range of my station I'm trying to dock with and then get very laggy.. and probably using lots of resources up.

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_rigidbody ()

at Vessel.recurseCoMs (.Part part, UnityEngine.Vector3& CoM, System.Single& c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.recurseCoMs (.Part part, UnityEngine.Vector3& CoM, System.Single& c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.findWorldCenterOfMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.VesselState.Update (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_rigidbody ()

at Vessel.findWorldCenterOfMass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It crash while trying to find the Center of Mass of your station. But it crash in a Squad function ( Vessel.findWorldCenterOfMass ). Do you use any mod on this station ? I seems that one of the part has no Com ... ( null mass maybe ? )

Is there anyway to make the MechJeb 1.9 parts selectable so I can remove them? I'd like to upgrade to 2.0 but I've even tried messing with the craft file. No go.

Download/reinstall 1.9.8, select the parts in the editor, delete them normally, uninstall 1.9.8

If you're trying to get them off a ship that's already launched, you'll need to make a backup of your persistence file, and then delete every mention of a MJ1 part out of your main persistence file. This means deleting the parts themselves and references to the parts where other parts attached to them/were attached to them.

I made a video on this problem

Basically the problem is MechJab 2 window/tab wont show up for me, and the custom flags wont show up. The video above shows where I have the file and everything.

Download/reinstall 1.9.8, select the parts in the editor, delete them normally, uninstall 1.9.8

If you're trying to get them off a ship that's already launched, you'll need to make a backup of your persistence file, and then delete every mention of a MJ1 part out of your main persistence file. This means deleting the parts themselves and references to the parts where other parts attached to them/were attached to them.

yeah, that's not going to work, when i installed 1.9.8 it made ALL parts including stock ones disappear, and you can't load anything. it says all the parts are missing.

Could the mechjeb Devs simply update the models from 1.9.8 to 2.0.8 and .20.2 standards, I really like using these parts.

yeah, that's not going to work, when i installed 1.9.8 it made ALL parts including stock ones disappear, and you can't load anything. it says all the parts are missing.

Could the mechjeb Devs simply update the models from 1.9.8 to 2.0.8 and .20.2 standards, I really like using these parts.

I bet your using the Damned Robotics fork or Infernal Robotics?? You would have to remove those in order to install MJ 1.9.8.

I have done some testing and am able to recreate the issue on the launchpad using a pod with and without mechjeb in the config. With the pod zbegan to tumble, without it stayed still. When I put the mechjeb part on the pod it began to tumble as well.

I have following errors in my log file:

Whne placing Mechjeb on the pod

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController.DrawMapViewTarget () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController.DoMapView () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController.DrawMapViewTarget () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController.DoMapView () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and when loading:

at OrbitDriver.TrackRigidbody (.CelestialBody refBody) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OrbitDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

any thoughts would be appreciated

The problem is I can't select the parts in the editor. I'll re-download it in the AM and try again. All my ships are back safe, I just need to bring up my saved ships and select the part, then remove it and put the ship back together and save it.

I just redownloaded it from this forum thinking it may be different but I still can't select the part off the ship. Nothing happens when I ckick the mouse. I already tried deleting all the references and parts out of the .craft file and it killed KSP. :(

Restart. Good thing I had a backup of the .craft file.