[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Im having a problem. I can't see any of the mechjeb parts.i installed the new version of mechjeb. I unzipped it and then put the file into game data. I dont have any other version of mechjeb installed. Have i installed it correctly?

Ascent guidance should trust the new SAS more, right now it's VERY wobbly compared to just leaving SAS on...

I agree, it should just use the new SAS for correction purposes (now it's VERY wobbly sometimes, especially when combined with ferram).

I agree, it should just use the new SAS for correction purposes (now it's VERY wobbly sometimes, especially when combined with ferram).

MJ2 and Feram never played well together, that's nothing new, they were like kids fighting over the remote

Mechjeb seems to work well with all the functions I tried, but there is one very important issue I am having. The tab used to be able to slide up and down on the right edge. But now it is locked in position, and it is occupying the same space that the LazorSystem is using! I cant close the lazor system and cant use it properly because of the mechjeb tab. If I had know this I would not be using mechjeb, as I need the lazorSystem more.

Is there a way to fix this, to get the tab for mechjeb to relocate someplace other than right on top of the Lazer system tab???

Mechjeb seems to work well with all the functions I tried, but there is one very important issue I am having. The tab used to be able to slide up and down on the right edge. But now it is locked in position, and it is occupying the same space that the LazorSystem is using! I cant close the lazor system and cant use it properly because of the mechjeb tab. If I had know this I would not be using mechjeb, as I need the lazorSystem more.

Is there a way to fix this, to get the tab for mechjeb to relocate someplace other than right on top of the Lazer system tab???

Are you sure you are using 2.0.9?

Thank you r4m0n for the conics mode selector in the Maneuver Node Editor!
Well, this one was mine :P

For those with problem with the ascent guidance could you try to replace the part.cfg of MJ2 with this one and tell if it's better: https://raw.github.com/sarbian/MechJeb2/0_21/Parts/MechJeb2_AR202/part.cfg

Same thing for Kocour.

let us know sir! :D

Well, it worked ok on the 0.21.1. A bit of wobbling on a small rocket, but nothing critical.

I tested the Ascent Guidance, Maneuver Planner et Landing Guidance... (not full auto : manual de-orbit burns and tweaks but using the landing predictions)

Edited by el_coyoto
spelling

Are you sure you are using 2.0.9?

Yes - I just downloaded it from the Mechjeb thread itself yesterday. I removed the mechjeb folder and installed the 2.0.9. It says 2.0.9 on the zip file that i downloaded. Also, the previous version I had (2.0.8) would not allow me to stick Mechjeb on any of my rockets.

Is the Tab supposed to be locked like that? Or can itr be grabbed and slid up and down on the screen? I wonder if it got stuck because of the lazersystem tab? Can anyone tell me if they can move the Mechjeb Tab on their screen, or is it locked in place?

I installed Mechjeb again for 21.1, and its in my parts folder and I can see it, I just cant snap it onto the ship once I'm in the hanger? Solutions?

Obsidian,

Did you get the newest version of Mechjeb? I was having that problem with 2.0.8, the version should be on the zipfile's name. When I downloaded the 2.0.9 version, it fixed that problem. Remember to remove the old version from the Game Data folder.

you can download 2.0.9 here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/12384-PART-0-21-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-0-9/page254

I am sure that will solve your problem. If you do and it works, can you tell me if the MechJeb tab on the right side of the screen is moveable? Mine is not and it is blocking the tab for the LazorSystem, which is right under it. Would appreciate it!!

how do i install mechjeb 2.0.9?

Hi Worir4

Just download the file, Unzip the download, take the "Mechjeb2" folder and drag it into your Game Data folder in the location that KSP was installed.

So, I made perfect orbit around Duna, and I wanted MEchJeb to land inside the crater...

This is what MehJeb calls "landing approach"

oqCcDJN.jpg

Maybe it tried to land on... I dunno... Dres maybe?

Unfortunately, MJ loves to mess up orbits. At least my orbits.

Obsidian,

Did you get the newest version of Mechjeb? I was having that problem with 2.0.8, the version should be on the zipfile's name. When I downloaded the 2.0.9 version, it fixed that problem. Remember to remove the old version from the Game Data folder.

you can download 2.0.9 here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/12384-PART-0-21-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-0-9/page254

I am sure that will solve your problem. If you do and it works, can you tell me if the MechJeb tab on the right side of the screen is moveable? Mine is not and it is blocking the tab for the LazorSystem, which is right under it. Would appreciate it!!

Must've been an old download link, because I swear I was putting .9 in, but I redid it and it worked, to answer your question, no it is not moveable.

Well, this one was mine :P

For those with problem with the ascent guidance could you try to replace the part.cfg of MJ2 with this one and tell if it's better: https://raw.github.com/sarbian/MechJeb2/0_21/Parts/MechJeb2_AR202/part.cfg

Same thing for Kocour.

Hi,

I can't tell about wobble, because I don't have wobbly rockets right now.

But what I saw is that Mechjeb doesn't take the Navball reference by default over Pods/Probe anymore, excellent thing thanks.

I was wondering why I had to right-click "control from here" on my pods on every launch to have my usual 90° on the right. ^^

Guidance seems smoother also, and overriding the roll manually seems to be better as well.

The needles on the control input display (bottom-left corner) are jittering when Mechjeb have hands compared to the stock SAS.

Just find a way to smooth these little correction spikes and it would be perfect.

Thanks again, excellent work here. ;)

With todays update MJ seems to be off a bit again. It's "twitching" back and forth constantly and trying some very large wobbly rockets it just flies them in a direct curve into the ground from the launch pad - some of the monsters I've built with NovaPunch parts are just impossible to launch. My refuelers in particular seem to be bad, probably due to being more top heavy as they are, well, taking fuel into orbit. Leaving MJ off and letting the SAS take it up actually works though so it's not all the rockets fault.

Anyone try docking to a docking port that's not on the center of thrust of the target? I have a station with docking ports going down the length of the core arranged in trilateral symmetry and no matter which one I choose as a target my space craft just starts spinning in place while the docking assist says "backing at X m/s up and moving towards docking axis". I've used this craft to dock before with other ships, so I know it's not an issue there (in fact, it was already on orbit docked to another vessel when I sent up the station), so I am thinking it's a problem with the mechjeb not knowing how to handle the orientation of the docking ports on it. Heck, I even tried to do the reverse and dock the station to the ship by selecting "control from here" on one of the docking ports - same result. The station (now the active craft) started to spin.

Edited by sojourner

FEATURE REQUEST for MJ.

For Attitude control, what if we had the ability for selecting which controls MJ used for control?

If I have a craft with both RCS AND Reaction wheels and I'm trying to dock the craft, it would be REALLY useful if MJ would just use the reaction wheels to control the attitude and let me use RCS for the translation. Do all control outputs get amalgamated?

Also, is there any what that when precision control is enabled for MJ's control inputs to be similarly reduced?

Are these doable in the functionality of the game.

Im getting no function from Mechjeb at all. Part is available and attaches to craft but I do not get the slide out menu on the right of screen. Running most up to date versions of game and mechjeb. Anyone any ideas?