[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Hi,I'm having an issue I've never had with MJ everytime it has to do a burn,the throttle will just go up and down wildly,and then when the burn is over,the throttle just continues going up and down,overshotting everyburn,and it won't stop doing that until there is no more gas left.

I tried with different engines to see if it was the bug and nope,does it with everthing Stock or Modded.

Any help please?

There really does need to be a way to unlock all mechjeb features in career mode from the very beginning. I'm not interested in trying to fly manually by dragging sliders around on maps. How does one go about modding the CFG files so this happens? Much more interested in designing and flying the missions than learning orbital dynamics. Please help! Perhaps MJ's creator could add a button for this option. "MechJeb available from start" or somesuch?

This will get you started with the ar202 case this is what i did

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

MechJebLocalSettings {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start}

MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start}

MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

}

}

This will get you started with the ar202 case this is what i did

MODULE

{

name = MechJebCore

MechJebLocalSettings {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start}

MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start}

MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

}

}

done did that now i can't use it because i can not unlock it and it stay unlocked ! do i have to restart my career mode?

done did that now i can't use it because i can not unlock it and it stay unlocked ! do i have to restart my career mode?

Reset it to a tech node you're ready to unlock but haven't unlocked yet. When you unlock that node (after making the change to your MechJeb .cfg) it should unlock them all.

Reset it to a tech node you're ready to unlock but haven't unlocked yet. When you unlock that node (after making the change to your MechJeb .cfg) it should unlock them all.

"Part model requires entry purchase in R&D " and this is with it set as before, and model set to basicRocketry.

I am stumped

Find the MechJeb part in the R&D screen and click on it. Any green research icon with a number in a circle shows parts you haven't "purchased" yet. This will happen when you install a part that requires a tech you already have. Kinda silly.

Find the MechJeb part in the R&D screen and click on it. Any green research icon with a number in a circle shows parts you haven't "purchased" yet. This will happen when you install a part that requires a tech you already have. Kinda silly.

I have done that and then gone to try and use it but it says it is still locked, i have even set unlock cost to 0 still happens.

You'v changed more than just what Virtualgenius told you to change. His change would not move the part in the tree, and lock it.

If you move a part in the tree you need to edit your save.

Found it, I had made a copy of the older file and forgot to move it form that folder into a backup folder... the two files called to the same part confused KSP and made it do funny things got it now.

Edited by Damaske

You have a difference in ModuleCommand. The default MJ has the Ressource node inside the command pod. Not sure it will change anything.

Strange that it fail even for a new career. But that's more a problem with KSP itself than MJ.

#118 fix nauseous Billy-Boblie Kerman (aka the relaxing roll) and change the compact UI a bit.

I still see the roll. During launches, I do see that a counter-roll is being applied, but it is very small (maybe to the first 'tick' on the gauge). I can tap the roll key and correct it manually, so I have plenty of roll torque available. Likewise, I still see drifting rolls in orbit if I don't use Kill Rot after changing facing. FWIW, the roll seems to be restored after time warp (I thought warping negated rolls). Once again, I can tap the roll key and MJ will kill the rotation.

The UI placement in compact looks better, but MJ doesn't apply it at the start. If I open the Settings window (to select the UI), MJ suddenly remembers that I had selected the compact UI, and it changes before I have to press anything.

OK no matter what I do it will not unlock the guidance or autodock feature (or anything else that I don't already have) There is one question I have though: is there suppose to be 2 mechjeb ar cases? I have 1 unlocked but the other one says I need research (even though I put it on start)

You can edit your save file easily enough and delete all unlock information regarding MJ from the save file.

That should leave but a single copy in Start which you'll still have to 'unlock' probably.

This is very strange. I unzipped to GameData and there are 2 folders: MechJeb2 and Squad. Is that right? When I go into "regular" game mode there's only 1 there and it works fine.

It sounds like it's just a research issue and not a parts issue. Either start a new career game or edit your existing one and delete all MJ2 related tech unlock. When you reload that game it will reset it but you'll have to unlock it inside the tech node

Here's something strange: I started the game in non-career mode then switched back to career mode. Though the ascent guidance is not on my list under mechjeb, because I used it in the other mode it was still on my screen and I was able to use it. Very strange. Anyway I made it to the mun and back for the first time. (OK I used the cheat for no damage points and unlimited fuel just in case but still)

Here's something strange: I started the game in non-career mode then switched back to career mode. Though the ascent guidance is not on my list under mechjeb, because I used it in the other mode it was still on my screen and I was able to use it. Very strange. Anyway I made it to the mun and back for the first time. (OK I used the cheat for no damage points and unlimited fuel just in case but still)

Hmmm yeah looks like it doesn't check if you have windows open for modules you didn't research.

Hi,I'm having an issue I've never had with MJ everytime it has to do a burn,the throttle will just go up and down wildly,and then when the burn is over,the throttle just continues going up and down,overshotting everyburn,and it won't stop doing that until there is no more gas left.

I tried with different engines to see if it was the bug and nope,does it with everthing Stock or Modded.

Any help please?

Anyone encountered this? Anyone?? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?