[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

It already use the thrust limit tweakable

Are fuel tank tweakables implemented? I put in build 147 and tried auto-ascend on a 7xOrange Tank asparagus config, with the outer 6 set at about 50% capacity, and center tank at 100%. For each of the 3 outer stages I had to jettison manually like it thought they still had fuel. After that, the center tank was jettisoned correctly and flight continued normally.

Those 1-to-many adapters apparently have numbered positions. I ran into that with this project. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51115-Ship-to-ship-kinetic-energy-transfer-test-report

I had to sort out which order they went in and arrange the decouplers and engines to match so they'd come off and activate the engines correctly.

Ok, thanks... I will look into that. Any other idea(s) for a way to replace the one to many adapter????

again, thanks for any and all ideas.... This was never a problem in 0.22, seems to have only hit in 0.23

Is it possible to have Mj perform a launch to rendezvou? The RdvManager only seems to work in orbit.

Yes. Use ascent helper, but before launching select target on orbit and new options will magically appear it there :) Can't say it's 100% accurate (or maybe I need to do kind of "calibration launch" as manual says, but it's not time efficient), but it really saves some real time and will help you to launch close to target instead of intercepting it later, thus saving a bit of d-V.

Yes. Use ascent helper, but before launching select target on orbit and new options will magically appear it there :) Can't say it's 100% accurate (or maybe I need to do kind of "calibration launch" as manual says, but it's not time efficient), but it really saves some real time and will help you to launch close to target instead of intercepting it later, thus saving a bit of d-V.

Mechjeb can either launch you into the same plane (phase and right ascension), which is great for intercepting something in an inclined orbit, or proper phase for intercept if your target is in a low inclination orbit.

Matching orbital plane (inclination & RAAN) is more important, especially if your target is at high inclination and it doesn't require a test launch to get the launch phase angle for the booster. From there a Hohmann transfer will get you the rest of the way there. You can save a little dv if you launch to a lower orbit than the target so you can wait for the phase alignment.

As a reference, matching the orbit plane is usually (but not always) the key part in defining a launch window because in-plane is easy and cross-plane is very expensive.

Is there a way to remove mechjeb from the stock probes, so that you need the AR case to use it?

Stock Mj does not add itself to the probe. Do if yours does that you have some remain of a non stock install

KSP, We have a problem,... Found a small bug in the dV reporting. After docking and refueling the ship, then undocking, I don't see the dV updated. Switching focus or even going back to KSP and back to the ship doesn't fix. Hopefully, it will update once I apply thrust to the engines. Kind of need this info, a Kerbal's life is at stake.

Screenie...

3F17C2E11F00F1619ADF0732FDDBFC3C2804189E

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208087585

Ooops, nevermind, my fault. Bug report cancelled. I had control from here on the docking port which is 90 degrees from the thrust of the engines. My bad.

I don't know why it wanted to control from the docking port. I had never set it to control from there. I used the other ship to do the docking. I guess it's some glitch in KSP 0.23.

Greetings all:

I have had an issue with my game freezing up after doing a landing in both .22 and now .23. Both times its happened on Duna first. I do the landing fine and have a main ship in orbit. I do the EVA and then it froze up so I switched to my mothership to see if switching back can unstick things. I end up not being able to switch back or go back to the space center. When I restart the game it brings me back to where I had the mothership in kerbin orbit and havent launched the lander into orbit yet.

I went to /r/kerbalspaceprogram and posted there. They said to look at my KSP.log file for NullReferenceExceptions. It turns out the only ones I found were from the mechjeb rovercontroller. Below is the excerpt from my log file. I was goign to try editing the mechjeb config file to not unlock rover control yet to see if that fixes it. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance

ERR 16:27:48.428] MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading EngineerToolbar, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 16:27:48.621] MechJeb module MechJebModuleRoverController threw an exception in OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleRoverController.OnLoad (.ConfigNode local, .ConfigNode type, .ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (.ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 16:27:48.656] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Parts/MechJeb2_Pod/part/mumech_MJ2_Pod'

[LOG 16:27:48.676] Added sound_rocket_mini to FXGroup running

[ERR 16:27:48.711] MechJeb module MechJebModuleRoverController threw an exception in OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleRoverController.OnLoad (.ConfigNode local, .ConfigNode type, .ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (.ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 16:27:48.716] Cannot find a Module of typename 'MechJebPod'

/QUOTE]

I have been flying to Laythe and Eve. On each I perform an aerocapture into a elliptical orbit. I then use Warp Helper to warp to the AP. I raise the PE a little and then do some aerobreaking when I hit PE to lower my ellipse into something more circular. Then I repeat by fine tuning the PE at each AP approach.

In this scenario I have seen MJ (dev .137 and current 2.1.1 - .147 I think) pass up the AP and go about 15 degrees farther and then slow down. It doesn't do it all the time. So its hard to repeat. I get the feeling it uses old data every now and then, but I am just guessing.

When it comes to landing, MJ can get me between 10-100m from the target coordinates on Eve, but on Laythe it is 20-30Km off!!! Why is this?

Anyone else having problems with Rover Autopilot Speed Control not working?

For me setting it to anything makes my rovers go full speed.

If your root part(i.e. the rover body)'s native 'control orientation' is pointed at the sky (all blue on the navball when the rover is on level ground) the rover autopilot won't work properly, I've found, and that's exactly what it does, you can set it to 5 m/s and it'll just keep accelerating until it reached max speed. Or crashes, whichever comes first. :) Same thing if you're trying to drive while 'control(ling) from here' with a docking port on the top of the rover, again pointed straight up.

Also, the old BobCat rovers can't use MJ's autopilot either, they use a completely different control scheme. But they do have a cruise control, default button to toggle it on and off is 'o'.

I hope this helps. :)

I'm running into an odd bug where the Prevent Overheat option holds my throttle at zero despite no heat buildup. This only happens in conjunction with my own mod, so it's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong in the code, but I'm only modifying the maxThrust value of my engines. I don't see why that would trigger the overheat function. Running without Prevent Overheats on, there's no significant heat buildup in the parts. With the option on, the main throttle is immediately set to zero and stays there. Any thoughts? Is there any reason an engine with zero maxThrust would appear to be generating infinite heat or something? I've been looking through the mechjeb code and haven't seen any reason there would be a connection.

Edited by XanderTek

At what point is an installed mechjeb plugin show up in career mode? I've like to use the plugin sooner if possible.

Once you unlock the first probe cores, the basic build functions will appear (delta-V calculator, etc). As you unlock various unmanned tech levels, additional functions become available.

By the way, not to rag on you, but this info has been repeated DOZENS of times in this thread alone since shortly after 0.22 was release back in late October. A forum search would be your friend.

MechJeb does not work on one of my computers. I normally play on my desktop and it has never worked. Today i copied the game to my laptop to play and much to my surprise it worked fine. It is the exact same game files, i copied the install folder to my laptop and didn't change a thing. Any idea what the problem could be?

Skips,

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I have been doing some work on the reentry simulation recently, and I have the suggestion you make already written on my notepad. I will look into it in due time.

Codepoet

By the way, not to rag on you, but this info has been repeated DOZENS of times in this thread alone since shortly after 0.22 was release back in late October. A forum search would be your friend.

Forum searches are generally not very user friendly and have a high noise to signal ratio. This should really be in the MechJeb manual/wiki.

Forum searches are generally not very user friendly and have a high noise to signal ratio. This should really be in the MechJeb manual/wiki.

Forum search will point you to a 400 page topic.... Good luck finding anything in there.

We desperately need an active and updated OP.