[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Two things.

MechJeb does not work correctly with the CrewTank. When the CrewTank is empty, I can\'t use MechJeb to move it a single bit. If it was possible, I would be a great way to get the CrewTank to the Mun unmanned to pick up a stranded crew there, or prepare a Munbase without sending any Kerbals up.

And then I have found that MechJeb doesn\'t work correctly when I try to land on a specific point on the Mun...

Not sure if anyone\'s mentioned it but several times now when i use the 'Land at target' for the Mun it just puts the time warp on max and stays like that, and just says 'moving to de-orbit burn point'...anyone know how to fix this or had it happen to them?

Happens to me too. Not sure why. Just lower your orbit to an altitude where the level of time acceleration is limited before activating the landing mode. When landing on the Mun, I\'m usually going down to 100 km. MechJeb will speed up but can\'t go to the highest acceleration level and will work just fine.

Hope it helps.

Two things.

MechJeb does not work correctly with the CrewTank. When the CrewTank is empty, I can\'t use MechJeb to move it a single bit. If it was possible, I would be a great way to get the CrewTank to the Mun unmanned to pick up a stranded crew there, or prepare a Munbase without sending any Kerbals up.

And then I have found that MechJeb doesn\'t work correctly when I try to land on a specific point on the Mun...

Does your CrewTank capsule have RCS or SAS modules attached? Remember, the CrewTank is not a pod, so it doesn\'t have reaction gyros.

Does your CrewTank capsule have RCS or SAS modules attached? Remember, the CrewTank is not a pod, so it doesn\'t have reaction gyros.

It actively says on screen \'that craft without crew cannot be controlled\'.

MechJeb can be used to make any part pilotable. Of course the part need control devices such as RCS, but yes, you can control a satellite with a MJ.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I mean is there a way to have it continue to pilot a ship/sat when you start flying another entirely. Like if I had several sats in orbit, and wanted to keep their orientation set, is there a way to have them keep their mechjeb active?

I mean is there a way to have it continue to pilot a ship/sat when you start flying another entirely. Like if I had several sats in orbit, and wanted to keep their orientation set, is there a way to have them keep their mechjeb active?

Unfortunately, no, MJ won\'t do that. It *is*, however, possible to write into a plugin code to keep a part facing a specific direction. The PowerSat plugin does this to keep the sat dish pointed at Kerbin and the solar panels to the sun.

The big issue here is that once you switch control to another craft, the first one is packed up and put on rails if it\'s farther than 2k from your active craft.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Unfortunately, no, MJ won\'t do that. It *is*, however, possible to write into a plugin code to keep a part facing a specific direction. The PowerSat plugin does this to keep the sat dish pointed at Kerbin and the solar panels to the sun.

The big issue here is that once you switch control to another craft, the first one is packed up and put on rails if it\'s farther than 2k from your active craft.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I wonder if this is something that can be changed in the future? It would be interesting to see things function on their own even if not under direct control. I realize this would probably take a lot of resources computer wise, but cool nevertheless....

What purpose would it serve for things to operate while you\'re not even there to see or experience it? Any task it might have can just be faked with a timer until results are produced.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

ISA MapSat ;)

I installed the new 1.9 version and get told that the parts are not compatible with 16. I have removed Mech jeb and re-installed twice now. I tried your install recommendations, to no avail. Getting very frustrated. Any help would be great. Everything else is working great, just Mechjeb failing.

I installed the new 1.9 version and get told that the parts are not compatible with 16. I have removed Mech jeb and re-installed twice now. I tried your install recommendations, to no avail. Getting very frustrated. Any help would be great. Everything else is working great, just Mechjeb failing.

I had this same issue, and I posted a fix fairly recently in this thread. If I wasn\'t on my phone, I\'d type it up again, but for now I\'d recommend that you simply read through these last few pages and look for it.

Hey, sorry I can\'t be intelligent and look this up myself but I was wanting to do some satellite positioning and I had some questions. I\'m hearing a lot of conflicting information about controlling ejected debris. There are these new crew tank mods and I was wondering whether or not you can control them with mechjeb, if not can you control them at all? I know a command pod has all these settings or configurations in the part folder but does the debris need to have a command pod or not? Sorry for the trouble, thanks in advance. : )

Confirmed bug: the 'land' button does an immediate burn WHILST it is turning retro. It use to wait until you were retro and not burn until then. Still works - but uses a pinch more fuel than necessary. :)

Hey, sorry I can\'t be intelligent and look this up myself but I was wanting to do some satellite positioning and I had some questions. I\'m hearing a lot of conflicting information about controlling ejected debris. There are these new crew tank mods and I was wondering whether or not you can control them with mechjeb, if not can you control them at all? I know a command pod has all these settings or configurations in the part folder but does the debris need to have a command pod or not? Sorry for the trouble, thanks in advance. : )

Mechjeb can\'t provide control when attached to a craft or debris that has the ability to carry crew, but has none. For example, if you ejected a stage with an empty crewtank and a Mechjeb, you wouldn\'t be able to control it.

I seem to be having a problem when having controlling debris with MechJeb. Translating, burning the main engine, and activating landing gear work, but when I try to turn, the RCS jets only fire lightly, making it take a long time to rotate the ship. Is anyone else having this problem?

*edit* Nevermind, it\'s just the lack of a pod\'s CMG. I just need more thusters.

Hey guys, kinda noobish here, but I have a problem with control of my vehicle using mechjeb. I installed the mod a while ago and made several flights using it, but then I started it and tried to launch a rocket, but I found that mechjeb had no control. It seemed to be trying, but the fins didnt move, the stages didnt decouple, and the throttle didnt move. It is like it lost its physical control. Anyone know why? cant find any other explanations.

Hey guys, kinda noobish here, but I have a problem with control of my vehicle using mechjeb. I installed the mod a while ago and made several flights using it, but then I started it and tried to launch a rocket, but I found that mechjeb had no control. It seemed to be trying, but the fins didnt move, the stages didnt decouple, and the throttle didnt move. It is like it lost its physical control. Anyone know why? cant find any other explanations.

Use acent auto pilot it has options to auto stage, coast to apo, auto throttle.

With mechjeb and a considerable amount of luck, I\'ve managed to complete my first two successful rendezvous. The first between two unmanned capsules,

MechjebRendezvous.png

then between one of those drones and a manned spacecraft,

MechjebMannedRendezvous.png

with an EVA thrown in for good measure.

MechjebRendezvousEVA.png

(I like to think that both Jeb and Mechjeb are shouting 'SPAAAAAACE!' as happily as can be.)

Thanks for an awesome plugin!

Is there any way to make a part that is both a MechJeb module and an SAS? I\'m trying to design a radial SAS module for myself, and it\'d be nice if the part had MechJeb functionality as well. It\'s fine if it\'s not possible, though, because I can always just attach a radial MechJeb below it or something.

Please Please Please .... Even if we only get a display of the numbers, personally, I\'ve always flown the rendezvous flights by hand, but needed the display of 'closing rates' (et. al.) to make efficient use of available delta-v.