[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

How do I split them as lines then? (sorry not a coder in the slightest) I just assumed leaving 4 spaces between would seperate them as lines, that didn't copy over from the .cfg to the forums though as they don't allow more than a single space.

open the part.cfg in notepad add the two lines hitting your "enter" key at the end of each line, then save the file.

so you do the following:

1) find the line which says: // --- editor parameters ---

2) hit your "enter" key at the end of it which should put your cursor on a new line

3) type: TechRequired = start (and hit "enter" key)

4) type: entryCost = 0 (and hit "enter" key)

You should end up with something like this:

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = start

entryCost = 0

I added those lines and the parts show up in the VAB but they still say: "Part model requires an Entry Purchase in R&D"

RESOLVED - I hadn't clicked the PARTS in the R&D window. For those who have added the lines and it isn't working, as several have mentioned, click the green first box in the R&D window and THEN CLICK ON THE MECHJEB PART!!! This will research it and make it available.

Edited by Oddible

open the part.cfg in notepad add the two lines hitting your "enter" key at the end of each line, then save the file.

so you do the following:

2) hit your "enter" key at the end of it which should put your cursor on a new line

TechRequired = start

entryCost = 0

Yeah, I think this is what is screwing people up (like me). When I open the part.cfg in Notepad it looks like this:

kEriSSz.jpg

There are no line breaks in the original file, so as stated above, you need to add them. Once I followed the above instructions about using the "enter" key (inserting a line break) it worked fine. And you do have to remember to click on the AR-202 component to the right of the tech tree to activate it. Now off to space, woo-hoo!

Yeah, I think this is what is screwing people up (like me). When I open the part.cfg in Notepad it looks like this:

*snip*

There are no line breaks in the original file, so as stated above, you need to add them. Once I followed the above instructions about using the "enter" key (inserting a line break) it worked fine. And you do have to remember to click on the AR-202 component to the right of the tech tree to activate it. Now off to space, woo-hoo!

yup, that would be it, I don't use notepad myself, I use the free version of Totaledit (google it) so have never had those types of problems before.

An easier way to do this is to add the following to the vanilla part.cfg files before the last }:

MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.005
}
}

I did this for all the MJ parts.cfg, download below. Should work fine but haven't checked all modules in career.

http://www./download/daaunz0ihn6wcgs/Mechjeb-2.0.9-0.22fix.zip

Just install mechjeb as normal then overwrite with this.

With the tech tree added i think Mechjeb needs to be divided into three types, MJ Mark1, Mark2, Mark3 and correspond to a basic, intermediate and advanced versions at proper places in the tree. Mark1 would have ascent, landing and Smart ASAS, mark2 would add rendezvous and docking and mark3 would add trans planetary transfer operations.

kEriSSz.jpg

I noticed this also, but it only happened with MJ cfg. All the other mods cfg where normal

MAJOR problems with mechjeb- has anyone else noticed this? On any launch engine larger than 1m (And subsequent tanks) the autopilot gets drunk and decides that loop-the-loops are the best thing on earth. Er, Kerbin.

... Am I alone with this bug?

With the tech tree added i think Mechjeb needs to be divided into three types, MJ Mark1, Mark2, Mark3 and correspond to a basic, intermediate and advanced versions at proper places in the tree. Mark1 would have ascent, landing and Smart ASAS, mark2 would add rendezvous and docking and mark3 would add trans planetary transfer operations.

Great idea! Though the Mk3 would be useless imo...MJ is down right horrible at planing transfer burns, wouldn't use the docking either...thats not as bad...but much better alternatives.

Great idea! Though the Mk3 would be useless imo...MJ is down right horrible at planing transfer burns, wouldn't use the docking either...thats not as bad...but much better alternatives.

Is it -that- horrible? I've used it almost religiously with great effect o.O

I'm wondering if this can be subdivided so that various features are unlocked at certain tech nodes.

Should be possible.

Member of TechPerk

public void GetPerkState()

public TechPerk()

This should open many coding possibilities ;)

EDIT :

public class RDTech : UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour

Seems even more interesting ^^

Edited by Athlonic

so you do the following:

TechRequired = start

entryCost = 0

Thanks a bunch man! I wasn't sure whether to try that since the cfg is coming up horizontally spread for some reason rather than vertically. Gonna be heading back to my pc in a little while so will give it a shot.