[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

derkaderka : last dev version from jenkins should fix the UI problem (it's a quick fix for now).

I'll take a look at the tweakable, but you may have to wait for tomorrow.

Mihara, well don't put SCANsat in gamedata if it's not up to date ? :cool:

I use ModuleManager 1.5.5 (came with RealChute) to add MechJebCore to every part that has ModuleCommand in it. Upon checking my log after the game is loaded I have noticed the following error:

[LOG 21:51:20.162] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Command/probeCoreOcto/part/probeCoreOcto'
[ERR 21:51:20.198] MechJeb module MechJebModuleRoverController threw an exception in OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MuMech.MechJebModuleRoverController.OnLoad (.ConfigNode local, .ConfigNode type, .ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (.ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It pops up after every part that has MechJebCore added to it via ModuleManager. So far it has not caused any issues but all I've done is some quick test flights while I test what works and whats broken.

And an other version. Proper fix for the UI disabling itself in the editor, and the error message reported by Spann3r.

Next on the list is the RAPIER / ModulesEngineFX support, but it's getting late in Europe. have fun with .23 :)

And to make sure : for .23 You need to download the dev version of MJ, look for the link in the first post.

Is anyone else missing a ton of ingame options? I only have the SMART ass, delta-v, orbit/surface info selections. Missing a ton of the usual options (like ascent, spaceplane guidance, landing, tranlation, autopilot, etc). If this is known I'm sorry and if you fixed it, please tell me how you did it.

Is anyone else missing a ton of ingame options? I only have the SMART ass, delta-v, orbit/surface info selections. Missing a ton of the usual options (like ascent, spaceplane guidance, landing, tranlation, autopilot, etc). If this is known I'm sorry and if you fixed it, please tell me how you did it.

MechJeb is integrated into career mode but is not labeled in any way. You need to unlock it. Read on here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193177293

Me too, it happened when I first installed into .22, as it was due to MJ locking various features to tech tree progression. I'm having trouble getting the config changes that worked in .22 to work in .23 though...

Update: I can confirm that MJ does have all the auto-pilot features in sand box.

Could someone remind me how to remove the tech tree blocks? I know it's buried back in the thread, but I'd rather not have to hunt (IIRC, there were also some conflicting instructions) . I'm sure others would like to know as well.

Edited by aggressorblue

Is the dev build any good? Does it work?

As far as I see with my 0.22 save, loaded in 0.23 with the dev build, it does work. Ascent, landing, docking, rendezvous, manuever planner... everything I've tried by now works as it should, altough there's too many modules to test them all xD

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to use MechJeb after the update. I applied the update from the dev link, but no luck. The part shows up, and I can add it to vehicles, but I don't get any menus (not even the little menu tab on the right). Also, I notice that the part doesn't light up like it normally does... any ideas? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I reinstalled the game and it's working now.

Edited by snowraver1

As far as I see with my 0.22 save, loaded in 0.23 with the dev build, it does work. Ascent, landing, docking, rendezvous, manuever planner... everything I've tried by now works as it should, altough there's too many modules to test them all xD

Cool, thanks!

There is some odd shifting at present, but it seems to work right now. The ship seems to roll on it's own and occasionally 'twitch' it's direction before correcting itself. So far no major problems.