[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I found out the problem with the delta V stats. But I think something is still not just right.

So you have 2 version. #201 on jenkins is one.

http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/MechJeb2.dll is an other

Those two should give different value with vessel using fuel line while in flight.

Can someone check the displayed stats (editor and in flight) by doing the math or checking against an other addon. I am litteraly falling asleep on my keyboard right now so ...

I ll work on the docking AP sunday.

I just tested the .dll provided in the link you posted but it looks like it is not calculating DeltaV correctly when using fuel lines. This is using the SLS fuel parts. Everything above the fuel lines is calculated correctly.

T6FwOV7.jpg

The problem is not restricted to SLS parts. The setup below calculated correctly in previous versions of MechJeb for 0.23. As you fly this ship it starts moving DeltaV from the bottom stage to the next stage up until the bottom stage is used and released and then the process is repeated. I didn't make this ship btw but it's just a bunch of asparagus connected orange tanks with mainsails if that helps.

CA99zAT.jpg

I'll try the other version later.

Edit: It looks like it is calculating all the orange fuel tanks as empty apart from the current stage where it thinks the whole ships fuel is stored.

Edited by Redshift OTF

Ok, it seems #201 is working properly then

Thanks for the kind words :blush:

BigD145 & spacemonk32 & tmikesecrist3 : please have a look at the devellopement build link in my signature

OK sorry, the .dll from http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/lastBuild/ works, (mostly).

The .dll from http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/ does not. I thought they would be the same thing. :)

The reason I say the first one works mostly is that you do get a phantom stage added to the bottom of the staging list before launch but it does go away after launch. Also, in flight when a stage is released it seems to go back to its previous behaviour of only showing all the DeltaV in the bottom stage before correcting itself a second later. Not a biggie but I thought you might like to know. Thanks for your hard work!

The phantom stage is normal. You'll see that if you enable an engine manualy that stage will have some stats. It was required to fix a problem with manualy enabled engine and node burning.

Lekke : I did not have a look at the asteroids yet.

Since updating to .23.5, the mechjeb UI is... Gone. I put the part (pod or box) onto a ship in the vab, and I don't get the little menu on the right. Same for if I launch that ship. Also applies to ships I already had in orbit with a mechjeb module on them before the update.

(If it matters, I transfered my save file to .23.5 from .23 instead of starting over).

Is MJ able to calculate a rendez-vous with an asteroid that's passing through the Kerbin sphere of influence or do we still need to do that manualy?

No, at least not with Rendezvous autopilot.

Autopilot works when you're trying to intercept an asteroid outside Kerbin SOI, but you'll have to grab and line its CoM manually, since Mechjeb (and SASS) does not recognize "Target asteroid CoM" ATM. Once you've grabbed it - just use maneuver planner to return to Kerbin.

I found out the problem with the delta V stats. But I think something is still not just right.

So you have 2 version. #201 on jenkins is one.

http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/MechJeb2.dll is an other

Those two should give different value with vessel using fuel line while in flight.

Can someone check the displayed stats (editor and in flight) by doing the math or checking against an other addon. I am litteraly falling asleep on my keyboard right now so ...

I don't know how to properly calculate delta-V, but the stats between the VAP and in-flight side are difference. Also, there is an extra "empty" stage added to the bottom of the in-flight side. (minor bug)

Since updating to .23.5, the mechjeb UI is... Gone. I put the part (pod or box) onto a ship in the vab, and I don't get the little menu on the right. Same for if I launch that ship. Also applies to ships I already had in orbit with a mechjeb module on them before the update.

(If it matters, I transfered my save file to .23.5 from .23 instead of starting over).

You need to update the MechJeb.dll to one of the latest dev builds. I'm on 198 and having no problems so far, it's pretty stable. Some of the newer ones aren't, but hey ho.

Also, your question has been asked before. In this thread, in other threads, on reddit, all over the place.

Suggestion: Allow us to change the PID value directly like the old MJ does. Autotune always crash my spaceplane and Tf always overshoot with its too high integral term, which at 1000 m/s any overshoot reduces the altitude considerably

Noticed that after I get out of atmosphere and in SMART-ASS click some direction + force 0 roll, craft is flipped upside down (i.e. so that blue hemisphere is down on navball; 180 degree relative to what it used to be). Need to check it on the other crafts, though this one is quite simpy rocket-like without any complicated control pod placement.

Has anyone had the ascent guidance system properly limit throttle to "terminal velocity"? If I leave it checked, it's always 100%. It's like MechJeb doesn't know there's an atmosphere on Kerbin and is treating it like the Mun or Minmus.

Has anyone had the ascent guidance system properly limit throttle to "terminal velocity"? If I leave it checked, it's always 100%. It's like MechJeb doesn't know there's an atmosphere on Kerbin and is treating it like the Mun or Minmus.

Yes, I use that on some of my ships.

You are really only going to notice on those occasion when you are really overpowered, but it works fine for me, post 23.5

Build #205 is more or less the next official build.

- Docking AP should not flee when asked to dock (untested)

- Blizzy78 Toolbar support is integrated (no need for the optional plugin anymore)

- Dv stats should work

- I added a few install check to hopefully lower the number of bad install case

Build #205 is more or less the next official build.

- Docking AP should not flee when asked to dock (untested)

- Blizzy78 Toolbar support is integrated (no need for the optional plugin anymore)

- Dv stats should work

- I added a few install check to hopefully lower the number of bad install case

Ah! I was wondering why MJ wasn't showing up in my toolbar (yes, I'm using the dev build). Thank you! Going to remove the optional modules, reset my toolbar, and try again.

KSP 23.5

Mehjeb 202

No other mods

I have an issue with the RCS balancer

With SmartTranslate switched off, the thrusters all work as expected, including rotation of the craft because it is unbalance.

With SmartTranslate switched on....nothing happens.

Thoughts or personal experiences?