[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Has anyone had the ascent guidance system properly limit throttle to "terminal velocity"? If I leave it checked, it's always 100%. It's like MechJeb doesn't know there's an atmosphere on Kerbin and is treating it like the Mun or Minmus.

If you're using FAR, that's because MJ seems to be unable to detect FAR's terminal velocity (BTW it's much higher than stock, so it's hard to exceed it).

You'll have to copy the icons from the optional modeul zip and put them in the GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\Icons folder. I need to speak to r4m0n before I can add them to the zip.

Then you have to enable the icons in the toolbar menu.

Oinker has an icon pack with MJ icons here : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60933-Optional-MechJeb-Modules?p=980825&viewfull=1#post980825

hab136 has an other here : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60933-Optional-MechJeb-Modules?p=858477&viewfull=1#post858477

And I think there was other in the Toolbar threads.

I don't know yet what will be included as default.

POllik : the RCS balancer is not a piece of code I know well. Did you change the % slider to something else than 0 ?

Why not?

what version of mechjeb.dll are you using? what version of KSP? When did it stop working?

In other words: provide enough information for someone to help you.

Not sure about him, but i'm using the latest build of mechjeb (.206 or whatever was just put up earlier today) and a completely updated game

Why not?

what version of mechjeb.dll are you using? what version of KSP? When did it stop working?

In other words: provide enough information for someone to help you.

Latest ( 207 & 23.5). It stopped working when I updated mechjeb from 205 (I think...some version from yesterday) to 207

POllik : the RCS balancer is not a piece of code I know well. Did you change the % slider to something else than 0 ?

No, in my system, the Overdrive slider defaulted to 100%, but the result is the same whatever the position of the slider.

Curiously, if I check the box for "Use RCS for rotation", then I get a brief puff from the thrusters when I stop pressing the key. With the box unchecked, I get nothing at all.

Just downloaded the dev version 206 says its includes toolbar support, without the optional module. seems it does not. Also noticed it seems to come with many new windows set up in custom configurations, possibly {accidentally} included personal preference setup in the actual download?

Or are these new window configs?

Got a bug that happens for me with the tool bar... Have icon's located in correct folder. Try to add MechJeb button in VAB nothing there. Launch vehicle go to add icon nothing is there. Go to existing vehicle in space same problem can't add button.

Have the latest v206, the latest tool bar, icons are in correct folder in correct place. Removed old MechJeb folder and Toolbar settings before I tried.

Same problem here. Just installed build 207 by extracting the zip into the GameData folder, unlocking the part, and placing it on my ship. I tried downgrading to build 205 and have the same issue.

My KSP version is 0.23.5.0 build 464.

Same here. I was upgrading from 200 by copying it over my existing MechJeb folder. It opened all the windows I already had, but the menu looked just like that. I deleted the mechjeb folder and re-copied it, and now my old windows are gone, but still no menu.

Update tried v207 and same thing. Apart from the tool bar it seems to be working ok at the minute - I'm sure there will continue be a bajillion posts "OMFG MECHJEBZ IS BROKENZ". I feel for you sarbian - much love for the mechjeb crew for a truly integral mod to KSP!

*EDIT* Anyone on the Mechjeb crew ever wants some custom suits done send me a P.M.

***NEW EDIT AND UPDATE***

When in flight with v207 installed AND the mechjeb window open you can now add the tool bar button... The tab stays but the button works - now I have dual mechjeb:P

Edited by Green Skull

I updated the MechJeb.dll to dev 207 and removed the MechJebMenuToolbar.dll. When I went into a flight I did not have any MechJeb icons available in my blizzy78 Toolbar BUT I did have the MechJeb Icon on the right for the MechJeb Toolbar. After clicking on the MechJeb Toolbar I found all the MechJeb icons are now available in the bilzzy78 Toolbar. I Hope this helps.

I updated the MechJeb.dll to dev 207 and removed the MechJebMenuToolbar.dll. When I went into a flight I did not have any MechJeb icons available in my blizzy78 Toolbar BUT I did have the MechJeb Icon on the right for the MechJeb Toolbar. After clicking on the MechJeb Toolbar I found all the MechJeb icons are now available in the bilzzy78 Toolbar. I Hope this helps.

I don't see that dll anywhere in my MechJeb folder. I only see MechJeb2.dll. Is that something in blizzy78 toolbar? If so, I don't have that plugin. Do I need it now?

I don't see that dll anywhere in my MechJeb folder. I only see MechJeb2.dll. Is that something in blizzy78 toolbar? If so, I don't have that plugin. Do I need it now?

If you mean the MechJebMenuToolbar.dll it was a dll to support blizzy78's Toolbar use with MechJeb, it's available in sarbian's sig ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60933-Optional-MechJeb-Modules ) but as of dev build 205 it's no longer needed.

If you mean the MechJebMenuToolbar.dll it was a dll to support blizzy78's Toolbar use with MechJeb, it's available in sarbian's sig ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60933-Optional-MechJeb-Modules ) but as of dev build 205 it's no longer needed.

OK I updated the .dll to the 205 one and lost all my buttons and can't add MJ to the toolbar, this was after I deleted my toolbar settings. Put the MJtoolbar.dll back in and the game tells me to delete it because it is supported so, I did that and am now trying again.

edit: nope can't even add it in the configure buttons menu, trying 207. :(

Edited by Woodstar

Just tried the 207 build with the .dll file from link provided on the first page. Running KSP .23.5 and the only other mod I have is Precise Node. When I add the MechJeb part to a craft the MechJeb tab appears but, if I click on it the menus don't show up. Is this something currently being worked on or did I screw up somewhere?

Question: When downloading the latest update, do I need both the .zip and the .dll or just the .zip?

Best to grab the zip and reinstall everything. This will get rid of cfg's as well in the mechjeb folder. Things change enough that the cfg's can cause issues on existing craft.

Best to grab the zip and reinstall everything. This will get rid of cfg's as well in the mechjeb folder. Things change enough that the cfg's can cause issues on existing craft.

I did that and the mechjeb menu is invisible.