[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Best to grab the zip and reinstall everything. This will get rid of cfg's as well in the mechjeb folder. Things change enough that the cfg's can cause issues on existing craft.

Thx for the tip, that solved MJ doing wierd stuff with my ships :D

#208 fix the menu not working when you don't have the toolbar dll.

Nice, and Thank you. Trying now.

Edit: Yes it works!! Now for some Icons.

Edited by Woodstar

#208 fix the menu not working when you don't have the toolbar dll.

Tried this new one with toolbar installed (the plugin not the MJ dll) and it does the same thing as 207. The buttons don't show up in the toolbar unless I open the MJ menu first, which also shouldn't be there and only on the toolbar as the older builds did with the optional dll. If I use the dll, it just says MJ already includes toolbar support so it makes no difference.

Tried this new one with toolbar installed (the plugin not the MJ dll) and it does the same thing as 207. The buttons don't show up in the toolbar unless I open the MJ menu first, which also shouldn't be there and only on the toolbar as the older builds did with the optional dll. If I use the dll, it just says MJ already includes toolbar support so it makes no difference.

Yea, the buttons disappear when you close the menu. didn't catch that.

I retract my statement, mine is staying now. all i did was restart the game.

Edited by Woodstar

Explain the "bug"

When I click one of directions under TGT or ORB (say, prograde) AND check box "force roll = 0", craft flips upside down ("belly" side to the sky, "front" side to Kerbin, blue half of navball gets on top). It never occured before last patch.

Setting roll angle in surface mode of SMART-ASS works fine, it's only relatied to that checkbox.

Edited by Mystique

First installed the 2.1.1 build on kerbal space port. The eye on the MechJeb unit wouldn't move and no menu.

Now I've installed v. 2.1.1 build 207, CLEAN (deleted previous), and the eye moves when building in the hangar. Then as I launch it doesn't move, and when I click the little mechjeb popup, it moves out but all I see is it moving out and nothing (no menu) between it and the edge of the screen... Is there a fix? Running win 8.1 and only other mod is crew manifest...

Thanks in advance for helping

Version 2.2 properly released for KSP 0.23.5 :-)

Changes:

• 0.23.5 related fixes
  • Native Blizzy78 Toolbar Support ( with default icon set from hab136 for now )
  • Reworked Docking AutoPilot
  • Install and Compatibility checker (you get a popup if something is not right)
  • use RCS as thruster if RCS is active and engine are stopped
  • New Rover Autopilot by BloodyRain2k with waypoints and a lot of features
  • Maneuver mode to adjust Semi-Major Axis and LAN
  • Selectable Celestial Body for Delta V stats while in the Editor
  • Improved turn handling by HoneyFox
  • Improved Landing AP
  • Dummy part in the R&D screen to show when new features are unlocked
  • Various fix and improvement.

I have no side menus since installing 2.2.0.0. My last build was 2.1.0.0-200. This is the first time I am using the \GameData folder. I used to add the parts to the \parts folder and the MechJeb.dll to the \plugins folder.

Since the latest build there is the new Icons folder so I followed the directions on Space Port and put the whole MechJeb folder into \GameData.

Am I just stupid?

I have no side menus since installing 2.2.0.0. My last build was 2.1.0.0-200. This is the first time I am using the \GameData folder. I used to add the parts to the \parts folder and the MechJeb.dll to the \plugins folder.

Since the latest build there is the new Icons folder so I followed the directions on Space Port and put the whole MechJeb folder into \GameData.

Am I just stupid?

Do the parts show up? You may have some old pieces of MJ lost in other folders, I'd try a clean install to make sure.

Version 2.2 properly released for KSP 0.23.5 :-)

Changes:

• 0.23.5 related fixes
  • Native Blizzy78 Toolbar Support ( with default icon set from hab136 for now )
  • Reworked Docking AutoPilot
  • Install and Compatibility checker (you get a popup if something is not right)
  • use RCS as thruster if RCS is active and engine are stopped
  • New Rover Autopilot by BloodyRain2k with waypoints and a lot of features
  • Maneuver mode to adjust Semi-Major Axis and LAN
  • Selectable Celestial Body for Delta V stats while in the Editor
  • Improved turn handling by HoneyFox
  • Improved Landing AP
  • Dummy part in the R&D screen to show when new features are unlocked
  • Various fix and improvement.

Make it so. *points*

Do the parts show up? You may have some old pieces of MJ lost in other folders, I'd try a clean install to make sure.

Parts do show up. I've made sure there are no old mechjeb components. But there is 000_Toolbar in the \GameData folder. It came with CrewManifest.

I could try removing CrewManifest and see what happens.

It was CrewManifest. I removed it and it works fine now. Kind of suck since I use CrewManifest all the time. I suppose there is no way to disable the MechJeb toolbar? I never use it anyway. To be honest I don't even know how to use it.

Do I have the honor of the first bug report?

The delta-v stats don't seem to be showing up for me in the VAB or during launch. It's not all zeros... there's just nothing there. Could be because I installed it on an existing game. I will try starting a new, sandbox, game.

Same issue here, can't seem to get Delta-V stats for anything other than the Mechjeb Pod for some reason. This is the error I am having:

[Error]: MechJeb module MechJebModuleStageStats threw an exception in OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MuMech.FuelNode..ctor (.Part part, Boolean dVLinearThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.FuelFlowSimulation+<FuelFlowSimulation>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__E (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[Part,Part,FuelNode] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 keySelector, System.Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[Part,Part,FuelNode] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 keySelector, System.Func`2 elementSelector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.FuelFlowSimulation..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Boolean dVLinearThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebModuleStageStats.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebModuleStageStats.TryStartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebModuleStageStats.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebCore.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Do I have the honor of the first bug report?

The delta-v stats don't seem to be showing up for me in the VAB or during launch. It's not all zeros... there's just nothing there. Could be because I installed it on an existing game. I will try starting a new, sandbox, game.

Same issue here, can't seem to get Delta-V stats for anything other than the Mechjeb Pod for some reason.

Ditto. Ironically, dV stats were working fine with the 210 build I had been using prior.

Ditto. Ironically, dV stats were working fine with the 210 build I had been using prior.

I had only used 207 before seeing that 212 was released. But 207 had (at least) moderate functionality.

Someone missed a ")" or a ";" somewhere.