[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Don't stress it, dude. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that MechJeb is invaluable to our game experience. I honestly appreciate all the work you put into this and can relate to the whole 'staring at the loading screen a lot and then you find out that the tiny tweak didn't work' so yeah.. It's all good, and #213 has fixed the problem I was having. Don't know about the docking AP yet, but you'll get it sorted and I'm perfectly happy to wait while you do. I just wish I could help a bit, but alas, I know nothing about coding, so... :D

Forgive my noobishness, but in what file do I put that?

Make a new text file in a folder of your own in the Gamedata folder. Copy the above into it, save it as whateveryoulike.cfg and boom.

I myself use this one:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{

MechJebLocalSettings {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }

MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

}

}

}

It keeps the various modules locked until I reach that node in the tech tree, like MechJeb should anyway. With what WaveFunction posted, you get everything from the beginning.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Okay how does one find the upgrade for the toolbar? I have the main tab for MJ. Like the one on the side of your screen. But when I click it and it pulls out the area that should have the menus options doesn't appear. It's just blank. Will the toolbar update fix it? Can someone give a link to the toolbar plugin?

As a work around, switch away from the craft. Exit to Space Center then back to that craft again. That's what I do when the RCS starts doing that.

Thanks for that.

Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes just deactivating and reactivating the RCS Balancer is enough.

For me, then, it remains pretty random for me, at the moment

I just upgraded to 2.2 (build 213) from 2.1.1.0 (build 197). 213 has an odd problem in the VAB for me: if I add one of the new SLS engines (the 2 3.75m engines or the 2.5m liquid-fuel booster) it breaks the Delta-V calculator. The calculator does not update from that point forward, even if I remove the SLS engine and add any other engine. I switched back to 197 and the Delta-V calculator works correctly with all engines.

Anybody else experience this?

I found out the problem with the dV stats and the new engine. It was a stupid typo on my side.

Get #213 ( http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/213/artifact/jenkins-MechJeb2-213/MechJeb2-2.2.0.0-213.zip ).

Wow! Thanks!

DV and burns are working great for me now. Thank you for the effort you have put in to make this happen!

I just upgraded to 2.2 (build 213) from 2.1.1.0 (build 197). 213 has an odd problem in the VAB for me: if I add one of the new SLS engines (the 2 3.75m engines or the 2.5m liquid-fuel booster) it breaks the Delta-V calculator. The calculator does not update from that point forward, even if I remove the SLS engine and add any other engine. I switched back to 197 and the Delta-V calculator works correctly with all engines.

Anybody else experience this?

Yeah, I'm getting this too.

The debug window shows a null-reference-exception when you attach certain engines, and then the delta-v stats window stops updating.

p.s. Sarbian said it's fixed in the most recent update, so I'm going to try that now.

Edited by Ruedii
More info.

Yeah, I'm getting this too.

The debug window shows a null-reference-exception when you attach certain engines, and then the delta-v stats window stops updating.

p.s. Sarbian said it's fixed in the most recent update, so I'm going to try that now.

Me too. The Delta V is not showing in some cases, like this one above cited.

Other thing that happens is the buttons in the Toolbar only show the Mj buttons after i click in the lateral bar from Mj first.

Before that, i do not see any Mj Button on Toolbar.

hey hey, first time i'm using those mods and guess i need a little help..

Problem:

The Problem is my Mechjeb Button at the Side won't appear. I got the Parts (Cockpit, Controller) in the List.

I can attach them to my Spacecraft but no Mechjeb Symbol poppin' up. (sandbox mode)

Installation Progress:

playing with Steam with win7.. dunno if it's necessary and if there are other versions. [0.23.5]

so.. I tried several builds from #197 to #213.

I copied the Files to my Steam Folder programfiles\steam\steamapps\common\ksp\gamedata\mechjeb

-> not working..

tried to move the .dll into several Folders where it could belong to xD still not working

just got the B9_Aerospace Mod installed but i reinstalled the whole game without the B9_Aerospace Mod and Mechjeb is still not working..

guess it's just a noobish mistake of mine but i read here a lot and it should be functional when i extract the zip into the gamedata folder..

sorry for bad english xD

and would be nice if you could help..

Edited by Captain Bob

hey hey, first time i'm using those mods and guess i need a little help..

Problem:

The Problem is my Mechjeb Button at the Side won't appear. I got the Parts (Cockpit, Controller) in the List.

I can attach them to my Spacecraft but no Mechjeb Symbol poppin' up. (sandbox mode)

Installation Progress:

playing with Steam with win7.. dunno if it's necessary and if there are other versions. [0.23.5]

so.. I tried several builds from #197 to #213.

I copied the Files to my Steam Folder programfiles\steam\steamapps\common\ksp\gamedata\mechjeb

-> not working..

tried to move the .dll into several Folders where it could belong to xD still not working

just got the B9_Aerospace Mod installed but i reinstalled the whole game without the B9_Aerospace Mod and Mechjeb is still not working..

guess it's just a noobish mistake of mine but i read here a lot and it should be functional when i extract the zip into the gamedata folder..

sorry for bad english xD

and would be nice if you could help..

This has actually been covered. The new version of MechJeb has native support for Blizzy78's Toolbar API. If you are running a plugin that uses it you have to upgrade Toolbar to the newest version that's compatible with ksp 0.23.5.

If you have a folder in your GameData called 000_Toolbar you need to download Toolbar version 1.7.1

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863-0-23-5-Toolbar-1-7-1-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar

I'm getting no dV sometimes on old engines, not just the new ones.

Also, ion engines never showing dV...

It has been fixed

For anyone having Delta-V problems, make sure you have updated to build 213 of the .dll.
I found out the problem with the dV stats and the new engine. It was a stupid typo on my side.

Get #213 ( http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/213/artifact/jenkins-MechJeb2-213/MechJeb2-2.2.0.0-213.zip ).

This has actually been covered. The new version of MechJeb has native support for Blizzy78's Toolbar API. If you are running a plugin that uses it you have to upgrade Toolbar to the newest version that's compatible with ksp 0.23.5.

If you have a folder in your GameData called 000_Toolbar you need to download Toolbar version 1.7.1

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863-0-23-5-Toolbar-1-7-1-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar

thanks for the fast response.. i reinstalled everything again. clean version!

- copied the mechjeb 2.2 #213 into gamedata folder

- copied the toolbar 1.7.1 into gamedata folder

- starting the game in sandbox mode

- building a simple rocket with mechjeb vessel and controller on it (i guess that should be the point where the mechjeb window should pop up?!)

in fact, there's no difference to the clean version. i'm clueless! i also got no toolbar..

edit: Problem solved, noobish mistake of mine ;) windows denied the .dll access in program files.. thanks anyway

Edited by Captain Bob