[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

no have i not what is KER ? i see only mechjeb, i plan only rt 2 for kommunikation and scansat.

Kerbal Engineer Redux. The MM config you posted attempts to add the "Flight Engineer" and "Build Engineer" modules from it to every pod, delete those couple of lines and see if it works better.

I.e. change it to this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
%MODULE[MechJebCore]
{
MechJebLocalSettings
{
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
}
}
}

Since getting 0.24, the games tells me when I log in that certain mods are not compatible.

Once of these is MJ, so I have removed and replaced with the latest version. But another mod it says is incompatible is 000_Toolbar. I wasn't sure what this was, but when I googled it, I ended up here in the MJ thread.

Do i need to reinstall anything else, or will I be good with the latest MJ?

Since getting 0.24, the games tells me when I log in that certain mods are not compatible.

Once of these is MJ, so I have removed and replaced with the latest version. But another mod it says is incompatible is 000_Toolbar. I wasn't sure what this was, but when I googled it, I ended up here in the MJ thread.

Do i need to reinstall anything else, or will I be good with the latest MJ?

000_Toolbar is Blizzy's toolbar mod.

You should definitely get the update for it...

the old 23.0 -23.5 cfg for implant Mechjeb 2 in the Pods must over work old version give throttle bug at 64bit.

here my version with help from Red Iron Crown.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final

{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{

MechJebLocalSettings

{

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }

MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

}

}

}

For some reason i suddenly get the following error:

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x0000000103B10000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000282780C1) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): MuMech.MechJebCore:OnDestroy () + 0x251 (0000000028277E70 00000000282784E2) [0000000003A64D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x00000000043972DB) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (0000000004397270 000000000439734A) [0000000003A64D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x00007FFCF34836CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e
(0x0000000000445BB8) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000003A64D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

Anyone got any idea why this happens?

Edit: For some reason all my crafts have a TWR of 0 when on the launchpad. In the VAB mechjeb shows the correct values.

Edited by Earthpulse

MechJeb v2.30. Windows, 64bit KSP.

After installing MechJeb, KSP will crash on final stage of loading two out of three times. Or it'll crash loading a save game. Or it'll crash when going to the tracking station. Removed MechJeb. Crashes stopped. Re-installed MechJeb. Same intermittent crashes. Log files etc. available if you need them. I'm having a hell of a time tracking down which mods are actually stable under 64bit that claim 0.24 compatibility. This doesn't look any better than when we had the 64 bit hack and not going great overall :(

sarbian, you've been modding this game since the age of the dinosaurs. Is it likely that modders really need to consider compiling specifically against 64bit for true 64bit compatibility?

MechJeb v2.30. Windows, 64bit KSP.

After installing MechJeb, KSP will crash on final stage of loading two out of three times. Or it'll crash loading a save game. Or it'll crash when going to the tracking station. Removed MechJeb. Crashes stopped. Re-installed MechJeb. Same intermittent crashes. Log files etc. available if you need them. I'm having a hell of a time tracking down which mods are actually stable under 64bit that claim 0.24 compatibility. This doesn't look any better than when we had the 64 bit hack and not going great overall :(

sarbian, you've been modding this game since the age of the dinosaurs. Is it likely that modders really need to consider compiling specifically against 64bit for true 64bit compatibility?

WhenDinosaursRuledTheEarth_maintitle.jpg

No, no need to build for 64bit unless they choose to build for 32bit only before and there was no point in doing that.

Those of you who crash could you do something for me ? If your game is installed in you "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" (default steam and KSP installed patch) could you copy KSP dir somewhere else (a "C:\Games" or something like that) and try again ? It may be that the 64bit version crash when windows block some file operations.

As for the other "MJ is not showing up" I won't reply anymore to them until we get a KSP patch for .24. See my previous post to understand why.

I moved my Steam stuff to D:/Steam a whiles back to avoid that possibility. I'm making sure that it isn't other mods causing the issue atm since this behaviour is so similar to what I saw under the 64bit hack. I'm seriously thinking the issue is a combination of mods now. Will get back with some more solid test results. Staring to doubt my results and need to put my ol' QA hat on straight before I come hassling you again sarbian.

You dinosaur. :P

I installed x64 version, played alittle seemed fine. Installed KW Rocketry,played,seemed fine. Installed MJ v2.3.0 and well couldn't even make 100Km orbit. Used Ascension Mode to do a 100Km orbit and MJ finally stopped at 112Km AP,then warped to around 106Km, for circulation it went into Maneuver Planner ???, and things went WAY WRONG after that, eventually crashing through ATMO and I pulled chute to end it and landed.

<<< says Bottle Rocketeer, ain't that cute

Edited by GrimRaven

How do I install this now? I dragged and dropped everything into the KSP folder like normal and I got an error message when I started the game.

For new mods you put the file with folder callen Parts, Plugins etc. inside GameData. Is that what you did?

KSP doesn't have a proper installer that has a certificate to prove to Windows that KSP is legitimate software. Windows doesn't like uncertified programs in Program files, and moves any files saved by those programs in a weird place outside Program files. If you move KSP outside Program files, Windows stops caring.

KSP needs a proper certificate, and needs to start using My Documents for saving files, NOT wherever it was installed!

Clean KSP 0.24 (32 bit), MechJeb 2.3.0 Release, Windows 7 (64 bit)

The "orientation" of the AR202 case seems to have changed from previous versions that I remember. When controlling from the AR202 case, it appears that "up" is pointing out the right-hand side of the case. So if I want the AR202's directions to match my pod's directions, I have to mount the AR202 on the left side of my craft. Is this a new feature, an old feature that I'm mis-remembering, or a bug?

For clarification:

http://imgur.com/EviQThM

I'm controlling from the AR202 case, and as you can see, it believes "up" is east and "down" is west. According to the pod, "up" is south and "down" is north in this orientation.

Im new to MechJeb so I could use some pointers I have got down the ascent and landing pretty well but I cant for the life of me get the rendezvous or docking auto pilot. I have tired looking on YouTube and there are a few but I think its an older version of MechJeb so can anyone help me with my issue please. I get within 10 to 20 meters and I cant ever get the damn then to get closer to dock. I appreciate any help I can get thanks.