[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Yeah well grow up and learn some self control. You've ruined it for everybody. I applaud Sarbian for doing what he did. More devs aught too or have a secret download location that is provided only via PM or some other form of control.

Yeah well grow up and learn some self control. You've ruined it for everybody. I applaud Sarbian for doing what he did. More devs aught too or have a secret download location that is provided only via PM or some other form of control.

I did apologize, and yeah, I really was still caught up in the hype momentum.

Cybuteks Kerbal Engineer is up for those who don't want to wait for the deltaV stuff. I don't mind waiting for the autopilots though.

Apologizing doesn't rid one (or in this case all of us) consequences for YOUR actions. The notion that doing so would suddenly make Sarbian feel sorry for you and release it anyway proves how much growing up you've got.

I'm not trying to make him feel sorry for me, I'm trying to apologize and take responsibility for my stupidness, okay.

Enough with the off-topic chatter. I've cleaned this thread twice now, let it go and wait patiently for the update, please.

Edit for below: Post below is referring to an off-topic post that was removed. Thanks for your quick release, sarbian. :)

Edited by Red Iron Crown

Since you insist on spamming enough that the mods had to intervene here is a dev release. Don't complain about bugs. Change log will come once I finished my GoT and I filled my stomach.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MechJeb2-2.4.2.0-430.zip

No rush sarbian. All I really need atm is the DeltaV readout.

Edited by smjjames

Since you insist on spamming enough that the mods had to intervene here is a dev release. Don't complain about bugs. Change log will come once I finished my GoT and I filled my stomach.

Enjoy your meal, I'll just wait till tomorrow for everything to get up to speed.

I'm curious, will it be impossible for MechJeb to land at specific location accurately with the new Aero changes?

No once the mod has been adapted to the new changes I suspect it will work fine just like it did with FAR when using the adaptation files

Not complaining about a bug, just wondering about something out of curiosity. How come KER shows a different atmospheric deltaV value for other atmospheres than what MJ does? Like what does KER do differently for atmospheric deltaV from what MJ does? It was doing this in 0.90, so it's not something new.

Although if it's a question better suited to the KER thread, let me know.

I used Laythe as an example for no particular reason really.

screenshot3_zpsxw4lhnzf.png

Tried the dev version - aside several obviously wrong readings (Surface TWR in vessel info when in VAB is one of them), it appears to work fine. At least ascent guidance. You'll probably need to tune your ascent profile to get a good gravity turn (if you ever used FAR, you know what I mean)

Tried the dev version - aside several obviously wrong readings (Surface TWR in vessel info when in VAB is one of them), it appears to work fine. At least ascent guidance. You'll probably need to tune your ascent profile to get a good gravity turn (if you ever used FAR, you know what I mean)

I'm also seeing a discrepancy between the KER vessel TWR readout while sitting on the pad and the TWR in the deltaV window for MJ, but I don't know whether it's KER that's wrong or it just does it differently.

Also, science/career mode MJ tech limitations need to be reapplied, not complaining about that though.

Terminal velocity is more easily attained.

Edited by smjjames

For ascent I typically use a profile where:

turn start = 0.25

turn end = 60

turn end angle = 5 degrees

turn shape = 40

Obviously YMMV according to your TWR at the launch pad. If you have low TWR then you'll want to start your turn higher. Typically you'll want to start when you reach 100m/s though I like to flirt with lower speeds starting. The lower your velocity when starting your turn, the greater the value of turn shape should be. Worst thing you can do is have your nose drop too low and too soon before you've really gotten up to speed.

I haven't tried MJ with 1.0 yet, still waiting on an official release, but with Real Fuels you'd get a divergence kind of like the one you're describing. That was because MJ was smarter than Kerbal Engineer, MJ could account for thrust loss in the atmosphere.

For ascent I typically use a profile where:

turn start = 0.25

turn end = 60

turn end angle = 5 degrees

turn shape = 40

Obviously YMMV according to your TWR at the launch pad. If you have low TWR then you'll want to start your turn higher. Typically you'll want to start when you reach 100m/s though I like to flirt with lower speeds starting. The lower your velocity when starting your turn, the greater the value of turn shape should be. Worst thing you can do is have your nose drop too low and too soon before you've really gotten up to speed.

Mine is similar.

Turn end = 50

end angle = 0

turn shape =50

Limit AoA = 5

Corrective steering = Off, always off and never anything other than off.

Turn start depends on TWR, anywhere from off the pad to 7km.

2 things :

- first you are looking at the atmo number in KER and are not displaying them in MJ.

- I forgot to set the atmo value in the sim so you always had Kerbin values

- - - Updated - - -

R4m0n will do the official release when he has the time. Here is the list of change since the last official :

- Moved DeltaV simulation to use KER code

- Landing Sim code use KSP 1.0 aero model. However parachute are not properly accounted yet.

- Display Landing prediction trajectory on the map view

- Differential throttle control module

- Warp to suicide burn and to atmospheric entry

- Ascent AP Auto deploy solar panels (also an InfoItem)

- Visual display of CoM and various velocity in the attitude menu

- Improved velocity computation based on CoM instead of active pod

- SMARTR module for RCS with hold relative velocity for now

- SmartAss action can be set as vessel Actions

- Improved node burning over multiple stages

- Career limit related new infoItems

- Some performance improvement

- Reduced memory usage (lower garbage collection)

- A memory leak fixed

- the usual various bug fixed

And the dev version with all those : https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MechJeb2-2.4.2.0-430.zip

Heheh, I´m like refreshing this thread page every 20 seconds or so. I have to face my mechjeb addiction. :D

Uh, theres a build over here you can use.... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12384-PART-0-90-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-4-2?p=1869054&viewfull=1#post1869054

- - - Updated - - -

2 things :

- first you are looking at the atmo number in KER and are not displaying them in MJ.

Okay.

2 things :

- - - Updated - - -

R4m0n will do the official release when he has the time. Here is the list of change since the last official :

- Moved DeltaV simulation to use KER code

- Landing Sim code use KSP 1.0 aero model. However parachute are not properly accounted yet.

- Display Landing prediction trajectory on the map view

- Differential throttle control module

- Warp to suicide burn and to atmospheric entry

- Ascent AP Auto deploy solar panels (also an InfoItem)

- Visual display of CoM and various velocity in the attitude menu

- Improved velocity computation based on CoM instead of active pod

- SMARTR module for RCS with hold relative velocity for now

- SmartAss action can be set as vessel Actions

- Improved node burning over multiple stages

- Career limit related new infoItems

- Some performance improvement

- Reduced memory usage (lower garbage collection)

- A memory leak fixed

- the usual various bug fixed

And the dev version with all those : https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MechJeb2-2.4.2.0-430.zip

Shiny!! Looking forward to the update, although I understand it's r4mon's hobby, not a paid career, and 1.0 just came out. I *hope* he updates it soon!