[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

2 things :

- first you are looking at the atmo number in KER and are not displaying them in MJ.

- I forgot to set the atmo value in the sim so you always had Kerbin values

- - - Updated - - -

R4m0n will do the official release when he has the time. Here is the list of change since the last official :

- Moved DeltaV simulation to use KER code

- Landing Sim code use KSP 1.0 aero model. However parachute are not properly accounted yet.

- Display Landing prediction trajectory on the map view

- Differential throttle control module

- Warp to suicide burn and to atmospheric entry

- Ascent AP Auto deploy solar panels (also an InfoItem)

- Visual display of CoM and various velocity in the attitude menu

- Improved velocity computation based on CoM instead of active pod

- SMARTR module for RCS with hold relative velocity for now

- SmartAss action can be set as vessel Actions

- Improved node burning over multiple stages

- Career limit related new infoItems

- Some performance improvement

- Reduced memory usage (lower garbage collection)

- A memory leak fixed

- the usual various bug fixed

And the dev version with all those : https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MechJeb2-2.4.2.0-430.zip

Hmm, is it normal that dev #430 is listed as "failed"?

Hey just want to say thanks for all your hard work. I also have a question: How well does the case hold up with the new aero?

That is a fair question and I am so used to having the module in all my command pod that I did not even think about it. I will think about what we can do.

Hmm, is it normal that dev #430 is listed as "failed"?

R4m0n server does not have KSP 1.0 on it so when I push the new code it tries to build with 0.90. Obviously it does not work.

This is why I linked my server earlier. If you don't trust my server (which would be silly since you use my code anyway...) you ll have to wait for r4m0n to update

Edited by sarbian

That is a fair question and I am so used to having the module in all my command pod that I did not even think about it. I will think about what we can do.

You know, that reminds me, now that module manager is up to date....

I might be mistaken, but I recall a long time ago there was an inline version. Perhaps there could be one again? For the time being I'll use the suggestion of putting it in a storage pod. Thanks for the reply!

I might be mistaken, but I recall a long time ago there was an inline version. Perhaps there could be one again? For the time being I'll use the suggestion of putting it in a storage pod. Thanks for the reply!

I don't recall there being an inline version. There is a pod version though.

Actually, there was a plugin that made MechJeb default on all pods, even addon pods. The same plugin also automatically adds RemoteTech to all. The plugin was at the Space Port, and has not appeared on CurseForge yet, but fortunately, I still have the plugin (I always make it a point to have it backed up so I don't have to attach needless parts to it or be stuck with a pod that has Wheatley attached to the top).

Now, how to attach files to posts...

R4m0n will do the official release when he has the time. Here is the list of change since the last official :

- Moved DeltaV simulation to use KER code

- Landing Sim code use KSP 1.0 aero model. However parachute are not properly accounted yet.

- Display Landing prediction trajectory on the map view

- Differential throttle control module

- Warp to suicide burn and to atmospheric entry

- Ascent AP Auto deploy solar panels (also an InfoItem)

- Visual display of CoM and various velocity in the attitude menu

- Improved velocity computation based on CoM instead of active pod

- SMARTR module for RCS with hold relative velocity for now

- SmartAss action can be set as vessel Actions

- Improved node burning over multiple stages

- Career limit related new infoItems

- Some performance improvement

- Reduced memory usage (lower garbage collection)

- A memory leak fixed

- the usual various bug fixed

And the dev version with all those : https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/MechJeb2-2.4.2.0-430.zip

I'm getting a 404 with that link.

MechJeb 2.5 for KSP 1.0 released!

It has a bunch of updates, but the 1.0 compatibility fixes are the most important right now.

Things that are currently quite broken:

• Landing predictions on planets with atmospheres. I've done the best I could to make it at least land on them, but expect to be quite off target.
  • Spaceplane guidance: it's too unstable right now to handle most landings, though it still can keep a heading well enough to be usable.

Expect a revision release soonâ„¢ with more work on that. Pretty much anything done in vacuum should be fine, report any issues on those.

• Landing predictions on planets with atmospheres. I've done the best I could to make it at least land on them, but expect to be quite off target.

In other words, the Atmospheric Trajectories mod will eventually become obsolete for MechJeb users?

Another quick question about that entry from the v2.5 changelog:

Moved DeltaV simulation to use KER code

Does that mean we can get those same precise node burn timers that KER is already providing? I'm asking because this is one of the main reasons I've been using KER next to MechJeb. That and KER's impact biome indicator.

MechJeb 2.5 for KSP 1.0 released!

It has a bunch of updates, but the 1.0 compatibility fixes are the most important right now.

Things that are currently quite broken:

• Spaceplane guidance: it's too unstable right now to handle most landings, though it still can keep a heading well enough to be usable.

Expect a revision release soonâ„¢ with more work on that. Pretty much anything done in vacuum should be fine, report any issues on those.

Okay cool r4m0n, will get as soon as I can.

@mokomo, no idea honestly.

Anyways, bug report, something is confusing MJ with staging since when I have the staging in the default through reset, it's fine:

screenshot9_zps6grpx8rg.png

But when I put the engine down to the SRBs, it screws up the staging while KER shows it correctly.

Edit: It's also screwed up on the launchpad.

screenshot10_zpshhwggcxq.png

Also, another small bug that I'm noticing, when you place a part on, it'll flash a bunch of extra stages in the deltaV window for a second. It's not 100%, more like 75% of the time, but easily reproducible. I checked and it's separate from the above mentioned bug, it does that whether the stage deltaV are screwed up or not.

Craft file, all stock parts:http://sta.sh/019bnaza7qhf

Edit: Oh, I checked the output log and there is an exception that may or may not be related. I don't know when the exception triggered.

ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoLabel (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.Label (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleInfoItems.DrawStageStatsColumn (System.String header, IEnumerable`1 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleInfoItems.AllStageStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.GeneralInfoItem.DrawItem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleCustomInfoWindow.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edited by smjjames