[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

How do you guys have MJ running without "out of date mod" error on 1.0.2 ?

Which version of MJ do you use ?

--edit--

My bad, I did not realize that, despite the warning, the module is still loaded and thus seem to work.

At least I can continue playing.

Yeah, it shows up for Firespitter and KSPAPIextensions, but those still seem to work.

That is logic. 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 are minor corrective patches, should only get better.

I'm still intrested on how I can compile the module myself. I'd love to help, and I have a medium background at programming.

I'll get in touch through github I guess.

just a quick question. is there a workaround of the wrong TWR-info in the VAB? When i got to launchpad, the TWR of the craft sinks extremly. Looks like there is wrong data displayed when in VAB

Which TWR are you looking at? Theres the max TWR and theres the sea level TWR, what you're seeing on the pad is the sea level TWR.

The surface TWR in the "Vessel Info"

For example i have a craft in the vab:

mass 15,32t

surface twr 4,32

on the pad:

mass 15,32t

surface twr 3,79

Could you screenshot what's going on? While I'm not seeing the massive change that you are seeing, I am seeing a slight change in TWR, though base stage only and not in sea level thrust. I'm also noticing that the deltaV changes from VAB to launchpad. Using build 439.

screenshot35_zpsgg5h2gli.png

screenshot36_zpsweyr2lw1.png

Actually, regarding the build number, I swear I put in build 439 but the number didn't change.

Edit: Oh *facepalm* I accidentially put it in the KSP main folder.

Melcom, the thrust of your rocket is being affected by the atmosphere. In the vessel info in the VAB it gives vacuum stats even though it says "surface". Note the SLT (Sea Level Thrust:weight) display in the dV window for a more accurate number.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Typo fixed.

Show all stats in the VAB and you'll see the same SLT number, SLT is Sea Level (or perhaps Surface Level, not sure which one is correct) Thrust. What you're seeing at the pad actually is correct. Having those two numbers can be confusing at first.

Edit: RIC probably explained it a bit better.

Anyways, I decided to look into the differing deltaV thing with a simple stock setup using a staysputnik, orange jumbo, and mainsail.

Not sure whats up with the deltaV and SLT changing slightly, maybe because I'm actually slightly above sea level? Which makes sense actually.

screenshot37_zpstmiy36iu.png

screenshot38_zpsabthratl.png

I've got the new update, and have purchased the two research levels in the tech tree that have MJ, but maneuver planner, docking autopilot, ascent guidance, etc don't come up as options when my vessel is on the launch pad. Am I missing something?

I've got the new update, and have purchased the two research levels in the tech tree that have MJ, but maneuver planner, docking autopilot, ascent guidance, etc don't come up as options when my vessel is on the launch pad. Am I missing something?
Features are opened up further along the tech tree.

Not sure whats up with the deltaV and SLT changing slightly, maybe because I'm actually slightly above sea level? Which makes sense actually.

That's exactly what it is. At the 70m or so above sea level altitude of the pad your engines are a tiny bit more efficient.

Features are opened up further along the tech tree.

Guess I just haven't found it yet...it was the last node on that particular branch (guidance or whatever - arrows pointing around a rocket icon). I wish the tech tree were more linear; what should I unlock to get more MJ features?

Guess I just haven't found it yet...it was the last node on that particular branch (guidance or whatever - arrows pointing around a rocket icon). I wish the tech tree were more linear; what should I unlock to get more MJ features?
Assuming you are playing 1.0 then you can see what will be made available by an unresearched node by clicking on it.

Sarbian, how do I buy you a beer?

I'll be buying Sarbian a 6 pack via PayPal once I can land my crafts again :(, no rush though Sarbian, I'll throw in a pizza if its within the next few days lol, again just kidding no rush.

Edited by Toyotawolf

Every time I run KSP 1.0.2 and it starts up I get a message saying MJ2 isn't compatible with 1.0.2, I am using MechJeb2-2.5.0.0-439. MJ works fine other then that message popping up at the beginning of my launch. I am on Windows 7.

Oddly I had the opposite problem - all my MJ features were unlocked instantly.

That wouldn't be a problem to me, LOL. Guess I'm gonna just hunt around & open every research node to find the MJ features, which apparently are well-scattered/dispersed throughout the tree :/

@smjjames and @Red Iron Crown

Thank you for the info with the sea level.

My problem is just the fact that i never noticed that before. I find it strange because never before i had a rocket on the pad that had not enough TWR to lift off. Has this something to do with changed engines in v1.0?

I am saddened that a few unfortunate posters have given Sarbian such a hard time. I know that I for certain could not do the work that he does to maintain this mod. For many, this mod makes KSP playable. Can I fly rockets without MechJeb... yes. But to do anything otherwise is nearly impossible. I wish Squad would acknowledge the importance of this mod and work with Sarbian to make it an option for KSP. We see and understand the work that you do Sarbian. We wait patiently for your masterpiece.

Yea I wasn't trying and didnt mean to give sarbian a hard time.

I was being stupid and impulsive with the asking if there was a release right after 1.0 release, but enough on that as I've already apologized and admitted my error.

My problem is just the fact that i never noticed that before. I find it strange because never before i had a rocket on the pad that had not enough TWR to lift off. Has this something to do with changed engines in v1.0?

Yes, it does. Prior to 1.0 engines always delivered the same amount of thrust, whatever the atmospheric conditions. 1.0 introduced more realistic rocket engine behavior, in which thrust is reduced at higher pressures.