[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Given that MJ uses the KER vessel simulation code to calculate deltaV and actually has a newer version of the code than the current version of KER, if this is really happening then I must have lost one of the recent fixes that Cybutek made to the KER code. I'll run some tests and see if the new code is ignoring the parts...

Yes, it appears that I did lose one of Cybutek's fixes when doing some GIT merge shenanigans. I have now restored this fix so that physics insignificant parts are counted in the mass. I have also fixed it so that the mass is actually applied to the parent part so that the engine torque value is calculated correctly.

Buy the guy a beer via PayPal, 5-10 bucks no biggie, he's earned it, just saying we all should :) not pressuring

Soon as I get the first check from my new job I plan on doing exactly that.

Yes, it appears that I did lose one of Cybutek's fixes when doing some GIT merge shenanigans. I have now restored this fix so that physics insignificant parts are counted in the mass. I have also fixed it so that the mass is actually applied to the parent part so that the engine torque value is calculated correctly.

Great thanks!

Yes! Build 446 is definitely on the right track for atmosphere landing. Got the test craft on the surface, hot end down, no crashing and within walking distance of KSC. :)

I got this module manager cfg from earlier in the thread but it's not working right. I get the MechJeb menu without Kerbals aboard but when I go to launch I get the no control warning and even though I have the menu, I cannot launch. I don't need to unlock everything since I only play in the sandbox mode.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{

MechJebLocalSettings {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }

MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

}

}

}

Terminal Velocity throttle limiter is working very nicely now. Good and smooth!

Oddly for me the limiter is NOT functioning.

I completely removed all of MechJeb, booted up the game, shut it down again, installed the latest 447 dev build and restarted the game. During launch the limiter briefly flashed green and the throttle had a slight dip. And then it continued at full throttle.

Indeed there are some compatibility issues with MechJeb 2.5 for me on KSP 1.02, i encounter a few issues the most common of which is that function like Delta-V status, orbit info, and surface info do not work after they were activated once I land on a planet and on my return to Kerbin they don't pop up any more, frankly this is the first time i encounter serious issues with MechJeb.

If anyone has any advice it is more then welcome.

No, he's French, send him a Merlot or Chardonnay or something :D

There is a chance that he actually does like and drink beer though. If he does drink liquor.

Stella Artois, seuleument pour les authentic Frenchies, si vous believer les adverts :)

I ran some tests after reading reports that the mass is not counted if you mount an insignificant part on another insignificant part. This is not true but the mass is actually added to the closest ancestor part that is significant so I have fixed this fix appropriately.

I think i understood something wrong, i saw the part,1.0 on the title and thought it would work in ksp 1.0 and by extend 1.0.2? but the 1.0.2 on load says that mech jeb in not compatible, did i misunderstood something?

I think i understood something wrong, i saw the part,1.0 on the title and thought it would work in ksp 1.0 and by extend 1.0.2? but the 1.0.2 on load says that mech jeb in not compatible, did i misunderstood something?

Get the dev build from the link in the OP and you should be good to go.

Mechjeb isn't flipping my rockets anymore around 10km which is awesome, but it does slowly nosedive them into the ground on the gravity turn.

Both those problems are the fault of your design, not that of MechJeb. Your craft is too nose-heavy and doesn't have enough control authority. Add fins (preferably moveable fins) and gimbaling engines, or fly a different ascent profile.

Both those problems are the fault of your design, not that of MechJeb. Your craft is too nose-heavy and doesn't have enough control authority. Add fins (preferably moveable fins) and gimbaling engines, or fly a different ascent profile.

Okay will do, thanks for the pointers.

Sarbian (or anyone familiar with this),

Dev 447...

Mun landing...

LGAP using "Land At Target" over-burns the de-orbit to a near vertical "suicide" drop that is nowhere near the desired target. I used the MJ Pod for the test, trying to keep the parts count as low as possible. When the de-orbit burn is completed, the pod starts "orbiting" around its Z-axis, burning the engines in spurts but never aligning to the retrograde attitude.

After disengaging the LGAP and correcting the trajectory manually, I engaged "Land Somewhere" and the pod correctly followed the path all the way to a safe landing. Did the test twice with the same results.

On the positive side, the crazy HDD activity issue seems to have disappeared with 447.

LOGFILES HERE

Checked my design by flying it manually and it made it to orbit no problems. The issue isnt' a lack of control surfaces, mechjeb simply isn't using the CS i have on the craft to ensure proper alignment during ascent.

I have noticed when I add several MJ parts to a single rocket, the performance of the game dives significantly. I'm assuming this is because all the parts are doing their thing, so I was wondering, if there a way to (or could be easily added) to disable the MJ parts functionally until its needed? (basically, when I need to setup satellites with RT on a new planet/moon, I build a decent sized ship, with several detachable satellites that can be developed when at the destination, exact with a MJ part to reduce tedium ;) )

BARCLONE : should be fixed in the last dev. Thanks for the log

FireWille : it is a bug in the current official release. If you don't want to wait for the next official get a dev release here : http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

Sokar408 : Strange, only one should work at the same time. I'll check.

Padishar's last round of fix are in. Thanks :)

BARCLONE : should be fixed in the last dev. Thanks for the log

FireWille : it is a bug in the current official release. If you don't want to wait for the next official get a dev release here : http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

Sokar408 : Strange, only one should work at the same time. I'll check.

Padishar's last round of fix are in. Thanks :)

I have no idea what is causing the added lag is that isn't it :/ If you can't find anything on your end, I'll fire up a clean KSP and see if it might be compatibility issues with other modes.