[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

It took me hours to recognize that one of my ships had the docking ports in the same orientation (Sr's on the end of orange tanks), because I didn't notice the orientation difference, and yeah, MJ just slams the ships together in weird ways. Personally I think KSP should flips the ports so they work, but that's not a MJ problem :)

Why this problem is hindering my latest project

I too want the button moved back to the old position in the middle. Even better if we could put it where we want it. Maybe someone could post how to edit the button location.

I think the button position is pretty annoying in general, even in the old position, because of it getting in the way in the VAB. I'd really like to see a configurable button position. Maybe the ability to have the button in different places in the VAB or in flight.

Why this problem is hindering my latest project

I'd say your first problem is not giving MechJeb at least 40m or so to do maneuvering. To save on RCS, in my experience, it helps to get the ports at least somewhat lined up before engaging autodocking. Then you can engage closer.

I'm having a problem with Mechjeb 2.0.8 - I'm on KSP version .20 but I've had this problem since I upgraded to Mechjeb 2.0+.

It seems when I use the maneuver planner, it is far far too sensitive and Mechjeb seems to chase the node once I get near the end of the maneuver. A lot of the times I have to abort it because it would chase it forever and never get there.

What am I doing wrong?

I think the button position is pretty annoying in general, even in the old position, because of it getting in the way in the VAB. I'd really like to see a configurable button position. Maybe the ability to have the button in different places in the VAB or in flight.

Temporary solution would be to have it togglable, a la Hyperedit.

ALT+M for Mechjeb

Is there a way to prevent smart a.s.s. from using rcs when rcs is on? I'd like mechjeb to maintain the target PAR- attitude without spraying monoprop all over the place and translate manually with rcs.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Okay, I've been fighting this in every update since .19. Why is it that whenever I have wheels attached to ANYTHING on my lander, it ends up trying to land and 'swaying' as if it's a drunken pendulum, until it crashes? It's starting to get amazingly annoying that I can't use the 'landing' module...

I'm having a problem with Mechjeb 2.0.8 - I'm on KSP version .20 but I've had this problem since I upgraded to Mechjeb 2.0+.

It seems when I use the maneuver planner, it is far far too sensitive and Mechjeb seems to chase the node once I get near the end of the maneuver. A lot of the times I have to abort it because it would chase it forever and never get there.

What am I doing wrong?

I am having this same issue, and it's driving me f***ing insane. It doesn't happen on every craft though. At first I figured it had to do with weight or maybe odd size/length, but I have had issues with this problem randomly on craft of a variety of sizes/weights. Currently I'm trying to piece together a space station and I keep having to redesign stuff over and over cause I will get into orbit with a piece and then MechJeb just spins and spins chasing the maneuver node never "completing" the burn, even though the DeltaV needed will get as low as 0.1m/s. Disabling and immediately re-enabling autopilot can resolve the issue, but during rendezvous it will cause you to change orbits at incorrect times and you'll never meet up with your target.

I\'m having trouble getting the plugin to work. I have all the parts in the folder and I can use them when bulding ships. I also have the app in the plugin folder, but no box shows up during flight.

I'm also having the same problem :/

I can't figure out which folder to put MJ in. I'm continuing to troubleshoot each of the folders under the main KSP folder to see but I'm not sure weather to close the folder after placing it or if I'm supposed to put different MJ folders in differen KSP folders, I also can't be bothered to read through all 200 pages of posts and waist about 3 hours to probably not get an answer.

I used the "search thread " drop down at the top of this thread and found this post.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/12384-PART-0-20-Anatid-Robotics-MuMech-MechJeb-Autopilot-v2-0-8?p=432999&viewfull=1#post432999

I usually just drag and drop folders from the downloaded zip file onto my gamedata folder under ksp_win. Windows automatically handles the unpacking. In this case you would grab MechJeb2 and drop it on GameData. Pay attention to file structure when you download a mod from spaceport. The end result should be KSP_win/gamedata/your mod here. I'm probably making this sound even more confusing.:huh:

I did some module manager magic for adding MechJeb to stock and some mods:

Stock:

// Squad parts

@PART[crewCabin]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

@PART[cupola]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

@PART[landerCabinSmall]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

@PART[Mark1Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

@PART[Mark2Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[mark3Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[mk1pod]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[mk2LanderCabin]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[probeCoreCube]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[probeCoreOcto]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[probeCoreOcto2]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[probeCoreSphere]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[probeStackLarge]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

@PART[probeStackSmall]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

FireSpitter:

// Firespitter
@PART[FS_apacheCockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[FS_bomberCockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[FS_copterCockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[FS_fighterCockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

KerbX:

// KerbX
@PART[KerbXDragonPod]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

RemoteTech:

// RemoteTech
@PART[Pod]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[1mRemoteControl]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[1mRemoteCommand]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[2mRemoteCommand]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[2mRemoteControl]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[MicroSat]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

B9

// B9
@PART[B9_Cockpit_MK2]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[B9_Cockpit_M27]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[B9_Cockpit_D25]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[B9_Cockpit_MK5]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[B9_Cockpit_S2]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}
@PART[B9_Cockpit_S3]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

MODULE
{
name = MechJebAR202
}
}

Will you be adding auto-overheat option to landing assistance?

I also think there should be an option to not deploy landing gears, I've had many of my "building material" ships spazz out because of that.

Couple of other bugs I've noticed are that sometimes MechJeb time warps past planned maneouvers (usually when warping at the fastest speed), sometimes MechJeb burns past the end of a maneouver (I wonder if this is due to the 'smooth throttle' option not cutting out quick enough on bigger engines), and sometimes the burn starts too late - instead of half the burn before the node and half after it does say 90% after (this i think is to do with staging and MechJeb thinking there's more engines active than there really is).

I'm using v2.08 and the latest KSP (2.20).

I've been having the exact same problem and it's been happening to all of my ships :(

One problem I have is that especially the accent autopilot leaves asas off then done with the gravity turn. Result is that the rocket rotates before it can go into warp and is unable to rotate the huge rocket over 90 degree before circulating. With asas on as in the old version it just had to do an 20 degree turn.

Landing autopilot suffer for much of the same issues.

The problem would be solved if mechjeb 2 dis an continuous adjustment of heading then not in warp as the old version. Just turning asas on would help a lot.

Huh this is interesting. When I installed mechjeb in the GameData folder, I could get the AR202 case to appear in the editor and be used like a part, but during flights, the mechjeb window doesn't appear. So I deleted the mod from there and installed it old-style, into the Parts and Plugins folders, and bam it worked just fine. Was I supposed to install it like this in the first place?

Huh this is interesting. When I installed mechjeb in the GameData folder, I could get the AR202 case to appear in the editor and be used like a part, but during flights, the mechjeb window doesn't appear. So I deleted the mod from there and installed it old-style, into the Parts and Plugins folders, and bam it worked just fine. Was I supposed to install it like this in the first place?

works fine for me installed in GameData folder....did you try renaming folders, or combining them?

works fine for me installed in GameData folder....did you try renaming folders, or combining them?

No, I was afraid to mess it up even more. I simply unzipped it as it comes in the archive.

I also tried a fresh install of KSP to check if it was an incompatibility with my other mods, but nothing changed. Regardless, Mechjeb works wonders if I put it in the old deprecated folders though... I don't know what to think.

Everything is latest version by the way.

Has there been any fix/indication of the cause of the rendezvous auto-pilot being terrible? I launch to rendezvous in the right orbital plane and altitude. I get into space maybe 0.5 degrees out. I switch to rendezvous autopilot. Rendezvous autopilot spends a half hour trying to match planes with the target. When it does, the target is now long gone. It sets up a climb to transfer 100km->215km->100km. It gets an intercept - and then starts lagging like crazy. It says it will start match velocities with the target... in 68 years, 68 days... I disable that, and let the crafts come closer together. Then I reengage autopilot, and it needs to make more adjustments. At this point, I've nearly doubled the Delta-V I had planned to spend in space. Often, the readjustments are too much, and it starts swinging like crazy trying to get a perfect target approach - and the result is that it slams through the target like a battering ram. Reload quicksave. Rinse and repeat.

I noticed it starts lagging because it adds several hundreds of maneuver nodes.

Temp fix is to disable the rendezvous when it has an intercept, then goto maneuver node planner and click "remove all nodes"

Then when you reach the intercept, simply burn retrograde until your target speed is near 0 m/s. Might not take you 100 meters away but it will be enough to burn towards the target slowly. For me it's usually around 300-500 meters away.

Edited by Cuel