Huziki Kerman

Cryova

So here's the issue. I have kind of accidentally crash landed Huziki Kerman on Duna.

Can I have some advice on how to save him? The recovery probe I sent after he crash also unfortunately crasher about 5km away from him, which gave him temporary communication until the one battery that survived died (solar panels blew off when I was firing the engine in an effort to kill horizontal velocity.)

Also, I have never actually successfully returned a mission of any sort back to Kerbin from interplanetary space.

I'd make an interplanetary tug to drag a 2-man lander equipped with a rover to Duna. The rover would be purely so accuracy isn't as much of a concern. The lander would only need to be capable of getting out of and back into LDO since the tug would be able to carry the crew home.

Bonus: the tug could be re-used after it returns to the Kerbin SOI.

I'd make an interplanetary tug to drag a 2-man lander equipped with a rover to Duna. The rover would be purely so accuracy isn't as much of a concern. The lander would only need to be capable of getting out of and back into LDO since the tug would be able to carry the crew home.

Bonus: the tug could be re-used after it returns to the Kerbin SOI.

Agree with rover to reduce accuracy requirements.

Now I would recommend having an pod with heat shield for return to Kerbin. This might be an fallback if you are unable to take the Duna ship into kerbin orbit then returning.

If you can dock you could reuse your duna lander for this else use an extra pod.

Duna is easy. HyperEdit him over to Eve, then you'll have a more serious challenge on your hands. :D

Anyone got a Tug .craft file that I can use? Can't be too large in science either. Nothing above the 300 science level please.

Oh, and the cheaper the better. My space agency is running low on cash.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.