[1.0.2] RSS RAM requirements

Deathacus

What are the RAM requirements for RSS in 1.0.2, and will Texture compressor help reduce the used RAM? I have 2 gigs of ram. Will i be able to run it at a decent framerate.

RAM is getting cheap.

I suggest upgrading to at least 8 GB. My laptop started with 8GB, and I added another 8 GB for $80. I took out two 4 GB modules from my tower and added four 8 GB modules for $224, and I paid retail price for these at a local vender. Online would have been as much as half these prices.

But then I was picky also and bought higher end memory. Amazon had the same brand of 32 GB I paid $224 for, at $179. Other brands were even less.

The same brand of 4 GB modules I took out of my tower are now going for $22 each online.

Edited by Wild Cobra

I don't remember what the latest version of Kopernicus for 1.0.2 is, but I doubt it had great on-demand support.

If you have only 2GB of RAM, well, you can make up for that with a page file but things will get rather slow then I think.

Any particular reason you're not on 1.0.4?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.