Retired - Please close thread.

DirtyFace83

Is Fuel Science still being maintained?

I don't believe so, as ArcaneZedric hasn't been around these forums for some time. but I have done extensive play testing with the parts using a clean install, and also installs with varying amounts of other mods installed. The only problems seem to arise when you the wrong button by accident on the right click menu.

Fuel Science is not fully compatible with KSP 1.0.x.

You have to adjust the snapping coordinates in the config files,

and enter some more things (drag etc..).

And one of the experiment results in "Bad Location" after finalizing,

will give no science reward after processing/transmitting/recovering.

I dont use Kerbal Planetary Base System, i use MKS.

But the textures are nice and parts much better to detect now ;-)

Regarding the original Fuel Science parts, I'm aware of this, but as the experiments are duplicated and made to use ethernet's experiment models, I figured I would leave the faulty snap coordinates for ArcaneZedric to fix on their own models, and as an aside, as I have no intention of fixing the original Fuel Science parts, the 'Parts' directory can be safely deleted from the 'ArcanumIndustries' directory.

Could you tell me which experiment is giving 'Bad Location'?

I did think about an optional MKS part pack for ground bases. I believe the licenses are the same, so that may come (a long way) down the line. I would like to wait and see what ethernet and RoverDude do for KSP 1.1 before diving into that though. Also, RoverDude puts out an awful lot of updates which could potentially make keeping up with compatibility an issue. It's not out of the question, but like I say, if it happens it won't be for a long while.

OK, breakfast action:

I re-edited and installed arcanum fuel science again. Now i can NOT reproduce that error.

All experiments seems to work now. (See screenshot.)

I also paste the edited configs, best would be anyone else could try all 3 experiments with them.

Me keep it in game now, maybe a contract comes up to do them again, if not i will try them on occasion.

PS: how i can spoil a text and paste a screenshot here?

Edited by Jansn

OK, breakfast action:

I re-edited and installed arcanum fuel science again. Now i can NOT reproduce that error.

I also paste the edited configs, best would be anyone else could try all 3 experiments with them.

Me keep it in game now, maybe a contract comes up to do them again, if not i will try them on occasion.

PS: Files later.

Edited by Jansn

• 2 weeks later...
OK, breakfast action:

PS: Files later.

Did you end up having to edit anything in the Fuel Science directory to get this to work properly?

- - - Updated - - -

Does this rely on the Fuel Science parts at all? Or just the dlls? Can the parts be removed to prevent the coordinate issues?

Its the "Plasma Fuel"-Experiment. After finishing and reopening the right-click-menu it shows "BadLocation".
No "Throw result away", no possibility to re-do the experiment. No science points at landing/recovering.
I could retry it, but after finalize go to MPL and collect the data for processing in the MPL.
Maybe i do, because they give a hell of science points, from which i generate finance income.

@terminalmonkey: the only things i edited (in the configs) was:
NodeStackTop/Bottom/NodeAttach/AttachRules/Drag/Emissive, which i took from the original Station Science
Experiments. The .dll i can not change (in lack of any programming skills.)

See here how the header of one of that configs looks like after my changes (in bold):

[SIZE=1]PART
{
name = costlyExperimentRocketFuels
module = Part
author = ArcaneZedric
rescaleFactor = 0.7745

[B]PhysicsSignificance = -1
node_stack_top4294726176 = 0,0.65625,0,0,1,0,1
node_stack_bottom4294726176 = 0,-0.65625,0,0,-1,0,1
node_attach = .75,0,0,1,0,0,1
CrewCapacity = 0[/B]

TechRequired = advRocketry
entryCost = 20000
cost = 800
category = Science
subcategory = 0
title = Experiment: Rocket Fuels
manufacturer = Arcanum Science Industries
description = We don't really know a lot about rocket fuel. It explodes, yes, but what else can it do?

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
[B]attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0,0,0
[/B]
mass = 0.2
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 10
breakingForce = 200
breakingTorque = 200
maxTemp = 2900

[B]emissiveConstant = 0.8
[/B]

fuelCrossFeed = True
vesselType = Probe

MODEL
{
model = ArcanumIndustries/Parts/Mesh/scienceContainer[/SIZE] Edited by Jansn

@terminalmonkey - Yes, the fuel science parts can be safely removed.

@Jansn - I think I have it fixed, but I'm waiting to see what issues there are in 1.0.5 with Station Science before updating. Also, I think the issues you're having may be directly related to using the Fuel Science parts. It's not just the nodes, the scaling also got messed up somehow, along with a lot of lines that have been added since KSP 1.0

I'm hoping to upload some minor tweaks within a week.

• 4 weeks later...

Mod is broken is some instances.  For instance, the 30 ltr Klutter container does not stay bought.  I researched it for 3,000.  I added it to the vessel.  Upon going to the launchpad, I saw that it was changed to the small Kibbal container.  Reverting to the VAB, the vessel still had the Kibbal container.  Going to the Science tab, the 30 ltr Klutter container was not researched; I had to research it again for 3,000.

EDIT:  The answer: the modder literally copied the Kibbal container "part-jr.cfg" and did not change the part name.  Wow...

Edited by Apollo13

• 2 months later...

I just found this mod!

I hope to see this continued to be updated, as I think doing something with this instead of a life support mod would still give me reason to resupply stations and bases without the life and death consequences.

Agree with fellows above. If not author himself than maybe someone of forum have this mod or even it's souces in possesion and can upload it somewhere for us to make it up to date?
I'll try to contact MunarIndustries on reddit and get MI - Station Science Reskin, but have no idea where I can find @DirtyFace83.

Edited by KvaNTy

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, 123nick said:

anyone who downloaded this mod care too PM me with a dropbox or uploaded .zip or .rar file of it? 

I PM'd you the link to the torrent file that has all the kerbalstuff mods since I see it was hosted there

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.