[WIP] K.O.L.O.S.S.A.L- Yet another 5m launcher pack!

Sounds fun. I look foward to watching your progress. :)

Hey, a reply! At this point on my other mod, I had about 50. :P

Whether anyone cares or not, I am continuing to work on this. I made another tank, this time the small one. All I did was chop off the bottom of the medium tank, so its appearance is a bit different than in the concepts, but it works so why not.

9jwH99H.png

Anyone? Thoughts? Or is this one going to pass by unnoticed?

;.;

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

Hey, a reply! At this point on my other mod, I had about 50. :P

Whether anyone cares or not, I am continuing to work on this. I made another tank, this time the small one. All I did was chop off the bottom of the medium tank, so its appearance is a bit different than in the concepts, but it works so why not.

http://i.imgur.com/9jwH99H.png

Anyone? Thoughts? Or is this one going to pass by unnoticed?

;.;

I just realized that I forgot to press the save button... :blush:

Today I will remake the tank. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I made it again :P

65B7z6m.png

- - - Updated - - -

The stripe is in the middle now.

• 3 weeks later...

ok i have know idea what this is because it is already in the game you need rocket booster not fuel tanks unless you think to give it unlimited fule

Unlimited fuel is cheating, and you can use the debug menu for that. This all adds parts that are not already in the game because they are bigger, and there will also be boosters and rockets. I'm just starting with tanks because they're easier to model.

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3.75 meter, in my opinion, seems to have enough expansions to it already. You should try stuff like 5meter diameter rockets, or 6.25 meter or whatever comes between 5 meter and 7.5 meter (the diameter necrobones uses in his spacey expanded mod) even better, shouldnt be too hard to do, just scale up parts.

On 12/24/2015 at 5:36 PM, 123nick said:

3.75 meter, in my opinion, seems to have enough expansions to it already. You should try stuff like 5meter diameter rockets, or 6.25 meter or whatever comes between 5 meter and 7.5 meter (the diameter necrobones uses in his spacey expanded mod) even better, shouldnt be too hard to do, just scale up parts.

When I designed the Gust, I was thinking of it as a more accurate looking J-2 engine for Saturn V third stage. if you have 5m parts, that means the 3.75m parts are what you'd use for the single J-2.

About the tanks: the blue is a bit too bright (I was going for a more muted, dull, darker grey with blue tint) and the black vertical stripes are not at all right. The stripes are supposed to go an entire eighth of the way around (four white sections and four black sections of equal thickness), just like on the Saturn V or kerbodyne tanks. Otherwise they look pretty good.

Edited by GregroxMun

On 12/26/2015 at 0:49 AM, VenomousRequiem said:

An unrelated question... How many faces does the circle on the top have? Like on those previewed engines?

If I'm understanding your question right, the circular parts, like the fuel tanks and the tops of the engines, have 24 sides. That's pretty standard in both stock parts and most mods. 24 sides means that 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8-sided symmetry will work nicely, and it strikes a good balance between making the part look round and not using a ton of polygons. If you're worried that the preview pictures look blocky, just remember that those pics were from Blender's edit mode, with flat shading. The finished product will look a lot smoother and rounder in the places it needs to, I promise!

On 12/26/2015 at 0:04 AM, GregroxMun said:

When I designed the Gust, I was thinking of it as a more accurate looking J-2 engine for Saturn V third stage. if you have 5m parts, that means the 3.75m parts are what you'd use for the single J-2.

Gotcha. And that would make the "Storm" analogous to the Saturn V second stage, right? That definitely gives me some ideas for adding detail to the models. Thanks for your input! :D

6 hours ago, Aurum6 said:

If I'm understanding your question right, the circular parts, like the fuel tanks and the tops of the engines, have 24 sides. That's pretty standard in both stock parts and most mods. 24 sides means that 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8-sided symmetry will work nicely, and it strikes a good balance between making the part look round and not using a ton of polygons. If you're worried that the preview pictures look blocky, just remember that those pics were from Blender's edit mode, with flat shading. The finished product will look a lot smoother and rounder in the places it needs to, I promise!

Gotcha. And that would make the "Storm" analogous to the Saturn V second stage, right? That definitely gives me some ideas for adding detail to the models. Thanks for your input! :D

Yes. The Storm was meant to represent the S-II J-2 Engine Cluster.

• 2 weeks later...

*returns to forums* wait why isn't my mod dead?

Anyways, hi! I'm not dead! I should probably start texturing some of these... like the fuel tanks...

Thanks for the advice, GregroxMun! I didn't like the first textures that much either... :P

Thanks for maintaining development, Aurum6!

Time for me to start texturing!

New WIP unfinished textures! Just to show that I'm actually working on it again!

dgr89iJ.png

That is the quarter tank. I haven't textured the sides yet, and yes, I just overlayed the UV on the top for "detail", but It's getting there!

On 12/1/2015 at 3:19 AM, Aurum6 said:

If you have 5m tanks and engines, you need a way to detach them and drop them on unsuspecting victims.

That has to go in the part description whenever we get to putting these in-game.

You should do something about those visible seams. Those will looks even worse in the game. I suggest removing any marked seams if there are any left over from when you UV mapped the model, and also remember to texture a few pixels outside of the UVs themselves. This should remove those pesky seams.

Oooh, pretty textures! :) Progress is being made on my side of things as well. Ever wonder what the business end of a really big* SRB looks like? This is our 3.75m variety.

hTsW0Ol.png

*Seriously though, this thing is huge. Enormous. Dare I say... Kolossal?

Edited by Aurum6
Didn't say how big the big thing was.

• 2 weeks later...