[1.1] VesselMover v1.5 (+Vessel spawning, toolbar ui) - Apr 25

BahamutoD

Yep, unfinished though.

BTW I forgot to mention that solar panels, radiators, and other fragile parts won't break anymore when placing vessels.

Awesome. Can't wait for that cockpit. Is there an ETA?

This mod is going to make launching seafaring vessels much less of a pain. I used to build rocket sleds and launch them into the sea.

Update v1.1

- Added change log

- Added slow and ludicrous speed modes (press tab to toggle)

- Added other rotational axes

- Changed input bindings to use your settings for attitude and translation control to support non-QWERTY keyboards

- Changed controls to follow cardinal directions when in map mode

- Fixed surface relative rotation

- Fixed and improved vessel size calculations

- Vessel size calculations update when vessel is rotated

- Smoother pick-up action

- Faster yet more gentle put-down action

Here's some updated instructions:

Press Alt-P to pick up and place vessel. It must be landed or splashed down in order to pick it up.

Use pitch/yaw (WASD by default) to move around.

Use roll (Q/E by default) to roll, and translation buttons (IJKL by default) to rotate pitch and yaw.

Press Tab to toggle speed modes.

Press Alt-P again to put down.

For long distances, it works well to use "Ludicrous speed" in map mode!

This forum just doesn't let you give enough rep when stuff happens close together. Thank you so much.

YES! for the longest time i was using Hyperedit and guessing coordinates. And it will help with tweakscaled maritime parts for ships! because moving a ship with hyper edit would tweak the size of a hull section back to its original size and therefor ruining the ship. We need an option to freeze vessels in the air and have them start engines and stuff when im within 10km or so. That way i can easily set up dog fights without having to fly the enemy planes into the air then switch back to my plane on the ground and take off. So then i could do dogfights easier.

YES! for the longest time i was using Hyperedit and guessing coordinates. And it will help with tweakscaled maritime parts for ships! because moving a ship with hyper edit would tweak the size of a hull section back to its original size and therefor ruining the ship. We need an option to freeze vessels in the air and have them start engines and stuff when im within 10km or so. That way i can easily set up dog fights without having to fly the enemy planes into the air then switch back to my plane on the ground and take off. So then i could do dogfights easier.

Airpark might be able to help. It freezes vessels in mid-air and makes the game read them as landed so they can safely be loaded and unloaded as you please.

Well I am not sure how, or why I may be the only one experiencing this, but the new version is worse than the first version. I tried to pick up a decent sized aircraft about the size of the sr-71 and it blows up every time with the latest version. I did manage to get half the plane lifted once, but upon moving the vessel it all exploded. The F3 logs says parts are colliding with the terrain. Other than that there is nothing in my logs to indicate an error. I tried again reDLing the first version and I can pick the vessel up with no issues. LMK if you need more info or anything else. Thanks!

Well I am not sure how, or why I may be the only one experiencing this, but the new version is worse than the first version. I tried to pick up a decent sized aircraft about the size of the sr-71 and it blows up every time with the latest version. I did manage to get half the plane lifted once, but upon moving the vessel it all exploded. The F3 logs says parts are colliding with the terrain. Other than that there is nothing in my logs to indicate an error. I tried again reDLing the first version and I can pick the vessel up with no issues. LMK if you need more info or anything else. Thanks!

Could you send me a screenshot and/or the craft file? It would be helpful to solve this. Thanks!

Could you send me a screenshot and/or the craft file? It would be helpful to solve this. Thanks!

Well the craft file is loaded with mods so I can't do that. I will get a screenshot ASAP.

From now on, anyone posting just pics of fancy landings used this mod!

That's actually not a bad idea for role players who want to get a good shot of aircraft flying around, which can be tough when they're actually moving. So two suggestions:

- Hide/show the rotation guide lines when F2 is pressed to hide/show the interface

- have a reset key that lets you bring the craft back to the original orientation it was in when you picked it up

I should note that when the craft is "picked up" and you switch to the moveable camera via CameraTools, the camera does wander slightly very slowly. But then that BD mod has had that issue for a while with the camera not fixing itself in space as well as KerbCam does - I know BD knows about it, just hasn't had time to fix it

Hey, baha......

I made a ship, and moved it to the water with this....when I tell it to drop, the TWS radar falls off......and clippes through the ship to.....center of kerbin? I can still use it, but......

(BTW, it is the TWS radar from NAS, the big dish on top of the bridge)

L33RFWI.png