[1.1] VesselMover v1.5 (+Vessel spawning, toolbar ui) - Apr 25

BahamutoD

3 minutes ago, Tortoise said:

Just curious, what made you decide to disable alt+P?

It would be useful for large vessels that I want to place in the water, but would fall over and explode if it spawned on the runway

A good trick I just learned for huge builds is, use Hanger Extender, build above and beside the SPH and when spawned the vessel will be next to the runway instead of on it

screenshot11_zpshno0ffs0.png~original

12 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm having problems with the toolbar icon not showing up. I've downloaded and installed latest version. Any suggestions...?

It doesnt use the toolbar mod if thats what you mean.

12 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm having problems with the toolbar icon not showing up. I've downloaded and installed latest version. Any suggestions...?

What @Svm420 means is, it does not use Blizzy's tool bar.

If it is not showing up, the install may be botched. You didn't place the folder "GameData" into your "GameData" folder correct?

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

What @Svm420 means is, it does not use Blizzy's tool bar.

If it is not showing up, the install may be botched. You didn't place the folder "GameData" into your "GameData" folder correct?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I only use the stock toolbar - no offense meant to Blizzy, but I prefer the stock toolbar. I found the issue - I downloaded the zip file and simply dropped it on top of the older version of Vessel Mover - and that is where the problem came in. Once I completely deleted the folder and did an clean install into the GameData folder. The problem appears to be solved.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

Did you try either of the things suggested for just this problem, 3-5 posts above yours?

I did see that, I really don't know what toolbar I use it's just says 000_toolbar, and vessel mover isnt showing up

29 minutes ago, Table said:

I did see that, I really don't know what toolbar I use it's just says 000_toolbar, and vessel mover isnt showing up

It doesn't use that toolbar, which is blizzy's, it uses the stock toolbar only.

36 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

It doesn't use that toolbar, which is blizzy's, it uses the stock toolbar only.

oh, but where is the stock toolbar, is it the one of the top corner?

but it doesn't show upon the stock toolbar too

25 minutes ago, Table said:

oh, but where is the stock toolbar, is it the one of the top corner?

but it doesn't show upon the stock toolbar too

Start here. ;) LEarning to examine where one may have went wrong is a great skill for KSP and computer in general. Understanding that will solve 75% faster than you could ever ask.

I think an old proverb needs a modern rendition.

Debug for a person they will have no problems for a day. Teach a person to debug and they will solve problems for a lifetime.

Edited by Svm420

On 10/29/2015 at 7:03 PM, minepagan said:

Hey, baha......

I made a ship, and moved it to the water with this....when I tell it to drop, the TWS radar falls off......and clippes through the ship to.....center of kerbin? I can still use it, but......

(BTW, it is the TWS radar from NAS, the big dish on top of the bridge)

L33RFWI.png

Yeah, I have a similar problem. I like to build huge ships with the Maritime Pack and NAS. Whenever I spawn another ship nearby so they can fight, the ship that I spawned always explodes right after spawning. There also seems to be multiple duplicates of 1 part when it explodes. Then I'm in the center of Kerbin, the Navball glitches out, and if I go back to the space center, I'll find that it's gone and replaced by space in the back round, and I can't click on any buttons. This started happening after I changed the root part from a piece of the ship hull (which is tweakscaled up) to a normal sized part (Like a command pod or a command probe) because if I reload a quicksave, the piece of hull that was the root part always shrank down to normal size. I'm trying to record a naval battle scene, and it just looks unnatural to have a part of the hull that's extremely small compared to the rest of the hull, and I know I can't get the entire shot done without quick saving and reloading once.

On 3/20/2016 at 11:18 PM, Tortoise said:

Just curious, what made you decide to disable alt+P?

It would be useful for large vessels that I want to place in the water, but would fall over and explode if it spawned on the runway

I had this problem too. Use the Launch Stability Enhancers or whatever they're called. They will auto decouple when you click to pick up, but your ship won't fall to bits if you put one on every hull segment or so

7 hours ago, doxlulzem said:

I had this problem too. Use the Launch Stability Enhancers or whatever they're called. They will auto decouple when you click to pick up, but your ship won't fall to bits if you put one on every hull segment or so

Ah, I didn't even think of that. Ty

Anyone else have issues with procedural part and vessel spawning? I sometime have planes where the cylinders revert to the default size/diameter/dimensions instead of how I built them. I don't see an errors in my log, but wanted to mention it using 1.0.5

Edited by Svm420

On 4/9/2016 at 1:56 AM, Svm420 said:

Anyone else have issues with procedural part and vessel spawning? I sometime have planes where the cylinders revert to the default size/diameter/dimensions instead of how I built them. I don't see an errors in my log, but wanted to mention it using 1.0.5

Yeah me too, with Tweakscale whenever I spawn another ship with the Maritime Pack the root part (A piece of Hull) always returns to normal size, or spawns in the wrong place and spawns inside another part.

I've been working on updating this for KSP 1.1.  Everything works as before except that on vessels spawned using the tool, the staging is broken (all actions are in one stage and hitting space does nothing but make a click sound).  Before, the solution to the issue was to call Staging.beginFlight(), but now that doesn't work.  If anyone can point me to information on changes to the code for staging, it would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, you can try this for KSP 1.1: https://github.com/BahamutoD/VesselMover/blob/master/bin/Release/VesselMover.dll

Edited by BahamutoD

2 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

I've been working on updating this for KSP 1.1.  Everything works as before except that on vessels spawned using the tool, the staging is broken (all actions are in one stage and hitting space does nothing but make a click sound).  Before, the solution to the issue was to call Staging.beginFlight(), but now that doesn't work.  If anyone can point me to information on changes to the code for staging, it would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, you can try this for KSP 1.1: https://github.com/BahamutoD/VesselMover/blob/master/bin/Release/VesselMover.dll

Looking good so far!

A few oddities with having a craft consisting of just a MK1 capsule...The vessel rotated when I pressed the keys to move it. When I placed the vessel it span fast until it landed. The ALT-P key to start moving a vessel doesn't work, so have to use the toolbar button. Didn't have these problems once I added a fuel tank, so dunno why it does it with just a capsule. Not a biggie - fairly uncommon to move just a capsule.

2 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Thank you! My mods aren't the same without it!