[1.1] VesselMover v1.5 (+Vessel spawning, toolbar ui) - Apr 25

BahamutoD

@BahamutoD Thank you again for this awesome tool. What do you think about making the VesselSpawner work in orbit as well? There's a demand for creating scene sets for movies and comics in orbit, because gathering several vessels around in orbit is still very tedious, your tool is probably the best candidate for this feature.

My basic idea of the algorithm is:

On spawn, copy the orbital properties of the current active vessel, but spawn the vessel selected from the menu with a mean anomaly set back just a little, so that vessels don't overlap and explode. The spawned vessel will be on a trailing orbit. For other orbital maneuvers people can use HyperEdit.

Edited by Enceos

On 4/23/2016 at 10:39 PM, BahamutoD said:

I've been working on updating this for KSP 1.1.  Everything works as before except that on vessels spawned using the tool, the staging is broken (all actions are in one stage and hitting space does nothing but make a click sound).  Before, the solution to the issue was to call Staging.beginFlight(), but now that doesn't work.  If anyone can point me to information on changes to the code for staging, it would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, you can try this for KSP 1.1: https://github.com/BahamutoD/VesselMover/blob/master/bin/Release/VesselMover.dll

From http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135179-info-on-how-to-convert-your-plugin-to-ksp-11/

• Reference to Staging should be replaced with StageManager (and .lastStage => .LastStage) and will require adding a "using KSP.UI.Screens" 

In particular I had to use StageManager.Instance.xxx for some things.

On 4/26/2016 at 10:23 AM, WinnieCMZ said:

Thanks, but that was just a log of you starting KSP and quitting when it got to the main menu.  I'll need to see a log of what happens when you try to open the craft browser with vessel spawn.

The previous problem, which was the malfunction of the vessel mover, has been solved. Hovever, now the vessel mover can ONLY spawn the KSP's default vessels and rockets. @BahamutoD

Just now, WinnieCMZ said:

The previous problem, which was the malfunction of the vessel mover, has been solved. Hovever, now the vessel mover can ONLY spawn the KSP's default vessels and rockets. @BahamutoD

Do you need the log document?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How does this interact with career mode?  I'd like to be able to spawn enemy fighters relatively easily but don't want to have to have my own space program pay for the bad guys.  There is a mini-mod I requested that temporarily avoids charging you for spawning vessels in the normal way...  then you have to fly them to the start point or whatever.  Its laborious.  I'm wondering if something similar exist embedded in this mod.

Just wanted to thank you for this mod, it has made my base building easier, specially when you start hitting low frame rates. I believe it offers the right balance to eliminate tedious and repetitive actions, while maintaining realism. For example you land 3 modules for a base about 300 meter from the base core, without the mod you would have to drive/ fly each module individually and sequentially. With the mod I drive one module and vessel move the other two. This keeps realism, because in reality this modules could be moving independently simultaneously. Anyways thanks