[1.1] VesselMover v1.5 (+Vessel spawning, toolbar ui) - Apr 25

BahamutoD

Hey, baha......

I made a ship, and moved it to the water with this....when I tell it to drop, the TWS radar falls off......and clippes through the ship to.....center of kerbin? I can still use it, but......

(BTW, it is the TWS radar from NAS, the big dish on top of the bridge)

http://i.imgur.com/L33RFWI.png

Are those Retro Future parts in the catalog? Did someone update it?

How about having the space bar re-orient the craft to vertical?

Should just re-orient to the original position of the vessel, which may not always be vertical. I think that's what you meant tho. I made a similar suggestion as well

Nice plugin. Also useful for aircraft that got upside down due to being popped from terrain on spawn.

Would be nice to have keys for changing altitude and a level-to-horizon key would make life much easier.

Update v1.2

- Added functions to auto-level planes and rockets (Translate fwd/back keys, H for plane and N for rocket by default)

- Launch clamps will automatically release when you attempt to pick up a craft that is clamped

- Fixed controls inverting when looking straight down

- Tweaked surface detection radius

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT:

KerbalStuff seems to be a bit slow/unresponsive today. Sorry if it hasn't uploaded properly yet.

EDIT2:

Okay it seems to have uploaded fine.

Edited by BahamutoD

how do i move up and down ? i cant seem to move other than the same level plane

You can't (other than the different heights per speed mode) - a core feature of the mod is that it keeps you a certain height above the tallest point on surface bellow you. The purpose is to let you slide across the surface as quickly as you want without having to worry about changing the height to avoid crashing into things, although the downside is you can't put the vessel underneath things like the island hangars. It does also mean that there would be no purpose in adjusting the height manually because it'll always be placed down in the same spot no matter how high you're carrying it.

• 3 weeks later...

so i love this mod it's great as are all your mods BD ;) 

but i have a small problem when trying to put boats on the water, it thinks the "surface" it shold land on is the terrain below the water which has brought about many a disintegrated ship :(

just thought i'd let you know :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get alt-P to do anything, and I suspect it's because I'm running KSP 64 under Ubuntu. I've tried all combinations of the special keys I could think of (left and right alt, ctrl, shift, etc.) in full screen and windowed mode. Is there a way to set the vessel mover to respond to a different key, or some other way to activate it?

thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out eventually that I could do it with Ctrl-Alt-P. But even that only works if I hold Ctrl first, then Alt, then P.

Edited by mkrco

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, WillThe84th said:

Is there a way to make this only work on Kerbin? Because in my opinion, it seems kind of cheaty to use it on a different planet.

It doesn't seem "cheaty" to be able to move a multi ton aircraft all the way around Kerbin with no engines or fuel.... Just say'n why would you take a mod that is made to cheat already and limit its abilities?

Vessel mover is really more for people filming or staging vehicles for cenarios. Not necissaraly for someone playing a career game.

Edited by V8jester

I'm encountering a bug on the Ubuntu x64 version, I can't get Alt-P to work ; Ctrl+Alt+P didn't bring any more luck. Any idea how I could fix it ?

Edit : Nevermind, I didn't unpack to the right folder.

Edited by Tyrannus
Found out by myself

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

Here we go: https://github.com/BahamutoD/VesselMover/releases

Update v1.3
- Prevent pickup when vessel is packed (causes vessel to drop when released)

Thanks for the quick reply and sharing your mods

Edit: Doesn't want to work for me on ubuntu x64 Alt-P doesnt do anything Payer.log

Edited by BrutalRIP

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-02-18 at 8:40 PM, BrutalRIP said:

Thanks for the quick reply and sharing your mods

Edit: Doesn't want to work for me on ubuntu x64 Alt-P doesnt do anything Payer.log

For me holding Ctrl, then Alt, and finally 'P' in that order works in Ubuntu 14.04. BahamutoD you should add that info for Linux users to the OP.. it took me a few days to figure this out. (Don't laugh..) :)

Edited by graphite747

As another Linux user, I got confused at first since most of the time (for the exact reason that seems to be underlying some other responses in this thread) KSP (and the mods thereof) use the right-hand Shift key on Linux where Windows (and Mac?) users would use Alt.  I feel this, also, is worth mentioning.

As for Alt + P not working, this is usually caused by one's window manager or desktop environment capturing the Alt key (or that specific keypress).  I personally avoid that issue by rebinding my window manager's keyboard shortcuts to use Super ("Windows") instead of Alt.

Suggestion: would it be feasible to put in a button (either in the KSP builtin "app" thingamajig or using Blizzy's toolbar) for those users who experience conflicts with other mods that use Alt + P (like Pathfinder and Smokescreen)?  For Linux users this shouldn't be an issue (since they predictably use RShift + P instead of a literal Alt + P), but it'd still be a nice feature to have :)