[1.1] VesselMover v1.5 (+Vessel spawning, toolbar ui) - Apr 25

BahamutoD

On 23.10.2015 at 11:53 PM, BahamutoD said:

VesselMover v1.5

Pick up, move, rotate, and place landed vessels quickly and easily.

Download from GitHub

Installation:

Extract the folder called "VesselMover" to KSP's GameData folder.

Usage:

Use the toolbar menu buttons to pick up or place a vessel. It must be landed or splashed down in order to pick it up.

Use pitch/yaw (WASD by default) to move around.

Use roll (Q/E by default) to roll, and translation buttons (IJKL by default) to rotate pitch and yaw.

Use translate fwd/back (H or N by default) to auto rotate planes and rockets respectively to level/upright.

Press Tab to toggle speed modes.
For long distances, it works well to use "Ludicrous speed" in map mode!

Click spawn vessel to open the craft browser.  Select a craft, then select a place to spawn it.  
It will spawn in vessel-move mode so you can reposition it or rotate it before placing it down.

Video Demonstration:

License: MIT

Source: https://github.com/BahamutoD/VesselMover

When I try to spawn a craft, i can only choose from the stock ones... Why?

On 5/30/2016 at 10:47 AM, FRESH71 said:

When I try to spawn a craft, i can only choose from the stock ones... Why?

You should have the option to pick from your saved craft as well, do you not? By that I mean, craft you have saved in the VAB/SPH (it loads craft files).

17 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

You should have the option to pick from your saved craft as well, do you not? By that I mean, craft you have saved in the VAB/SPH (it loads craft files).

Exactly. I see only the stock ones, no crafts saved by me.

On 5/26/2016 at 7:59 AM, UAL002 said:

How does this interact with career mode?  I'd like to be able to spawn enemy fighters relatively easily but don't want to have to have my own space program pay for the bad guys.  There is a mini-mod I requested that temporarily avoids charging you for spawning vessels in the normal way...  then you have to fly them to the start point or whatever.  Its laborious.  I'm wondering if something similar exist embedded in this mod.

I don't think it does because it is already a cheat

Has anyone else seen this? 

I've got a base landed below ASL on the Mun, when I go to move it with Vessel Mover, it's lifted WAY, WAY up, making it hard to position with any precision.  I'm thinking that the negative altitude sign got lost somewhere, and it's lifting my base to the appropriate height above ASL.  For example, my base is at -60m, and gets lifted to + 65m.

I do not mean to be a bother, but this mod is not compatible with 1.1.3.  I get all the indicators that the mod is working, with the exception the model is not lifted off the ground and the keys do nothing to move the vehicle either.

Just thought I would report it... :)

13 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I do not mean to be a bother, but this mod is not compatible with 1.1.3.  I get all the indicators that the mod is working, with the exception the model is not lifted off the ground and the keys do nothing to move the vehicle either.

Just thought I would report it... :)

Same i am getting that

17 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all very unofficial recompile, no code changes, appears to be working as intended.  No offence or piracy intended. HERE

Will happily remove if asked

Reveal hidden contents

DA5NlI9.png

It works…thanks Spanner

15 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all very unofficial recompile, no code changes, appears to be working as intended.  No offence or piracy intended. HERE

Will happily remove if asked

Reveal hidden contents

DA5NlI9.png

Thanks for doing this. The move vessel option works but I don't think the spawn vessel option does. I will do some testing.

Edited by Redshift OTF

12 hours ago, siliconworm said:

This mod is broken in 1.1.3. Please update

et al., ad nauseam-

How about we read the read the thread and consider he probably-

A. Knows that by now

and/or

B. Is doing the million other things necessary in life besides maintaining several brilliant mods for zero dollars an hour

-before posting another 1.1.3 yelp, eh?

Also, there is a guy several posts up that recompiled the DLL and regained half the functionality of the mod. It works as described in my copy of 1.1.3 now.

UPDATE: It renewed both mover and spawner in my copy of 1.1.3

Edited by 35mmShowdown

4 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

I corrupted something, or maybe it just doesn't work in 1.1.3. Can't move vessel, just makes cool circles and excrements

Let me guess, you tried the UN-UPDATED official version instead of scrolling up on the last page here and using the unofficial recompile?

On 6/23/2016 at 6:22 AM, siliconworm said:

This mod is broken in 1.1.3. Please update

Scroll up literally 3 comments, there is a working recompile.

Not sure what part of "Don't spam and get the thread locked" some people are missing. Modders do this in their free time and will update when they feel like it, begging usually only annoys them.

On 10/23/2015 at 10:53 PM, BahamutoD said:

VesselMover v1.5

Pick up, move, rotate, and place landed vessels quickly and easily.

Download from GitHub

Installation:

Extract the folder called "VesselMover" to KSP's GameData folder.

Usage:

Use the toolbar menu buttons to pick up or place a vessel. It must be landed or splashed down in order to pick it up.

Use pitch/yaw (WASD by default) to move around.

Use roll (Q/E by default) to roll, and translation buttons (IJKL by default) to rotate pitch and yaw.

Use translate fwd/back (H or N by default) to auto rotate planes and rockets respectively to level/upright.

Press Tab to toggle speed modes.
For long distances, it works well to use "Ludicrous speed" in map mode!

Click spawn vessel to open the craft browser.  Select a craft, then select a place to spawn it.  
It will spawn in vessel-move mode so you can reposition it or rotate it before placing it down.

Video Demonstration:

License: MIT

Source: https://github.com/BahamutoD/VesselMover

When will it be updated?

Edited by cgbob
spelling