How i name my spacecraft

carneyvich

Example: Spacespear-MkIX-"Blue_arrow"EIS-RLLi-OIS

Nameofgroup-modelnumber-"Name_of_version"-whatitismentfor-whatitis-whatitcando

What it says at the end signifys what it is meant for, what it is and what it can do (in that order) a letter represents the first letter of a word in order so it makes a sentence. for example;

"EIS" would mean "Exploring Interplanetary Space"

the world can alter tho for example;

"E" could mean, Exploratory, Exploring or Explore

different letters represent different things tho a letter can represent mutable things like "Lander" and "Lifter" which is why you try to order them so they make somewhat of a sentence as you wouldn't say it twice. Tho that's not enough information, you could get confused which is which and that's why you add the more letters in that word until it becomes different from another one but lowercase to signify its part of what its behind.

Heres a list of what the different letters mean

E: explore

I: interplanetary

S: space

R: rocket

L: lander

Li: lifter

O: orbit

So that's it! tho, the list will expand and the post will change of course as this is still a work in progress. i based it off a bunch of different naming schemes. i hope this helped you make your own or be entertained or something...oh and i don't know if this is in the correct spot i only really made this so i can remember it as im not using it yet. bye!

Edited by carneyvich

Im rather unorganized, and i just name it something that makes me giggle that may or may not be related to its usage.

For example Cungbungus Fletcher was my most recent moon landing craft

But the comm sat for it is named PinkyPunch(brown I)

I used to have a more organized system for naming and designating landers and launch vehicles but with my lack of consistancy half of them were just named "unnamed craft" so eventually i gave up. I start over alot so organization was never at the top of my list.

Edited by Gahooligan
my typos bother me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.