KSA IVA Upgrade

RangeMachine

3 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

New mod link in header.

P.S. I think this is final version, all Mk1 pods are done. Mk2 and Mk3 already done by other authors.

I am not aware of anyone who has done the mk2 lander can in ASET. That's the one I really want. So if you know of one please link it. :) 

So I just installed and tested the new version. Now the Mk1 Inline Cockpit has no IVA at all; I think there may be something wrong with the .cfg file. Just to confirm, you don't intend on replacing the new Mk1 Cockpit IVA at all, correct? I understand that would require starting over from scratch on that IVA.

Thanks for all your hard work.

7 hours ago, theonegalen said:

So I just installed and tested the new version. Now the Mk1 Inline Cockpit has no IVA at all; I think there may be something wrong with the .cfg file. Just to confirm, you don't intend on replacing the new Mk1 Cockpit IVA at all, correct? I understand that would require starting over from scratch on that IVA.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Confirming this -- though I have a bunch of stuff installed, so there may be conflicts, though no known stuff is adding (or attempting to) components to mk1 cockpits.

Looking through the folders, it seems like the standard mk1 stuff is missing altogether, but the inline stuff is present, just not firing properly when a craft loads. The IVA portrait just disappears.

I remember using this mod before, and even think I remember seeing it in both styles of mk1 cockpit, so maybe it's just an incomplete package up on spacedock.

Appreciate any help you can offer, @RangeMachine! :D

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Confirming this -- though I have a bunch of stuff installed, so there may be conflicts, though no known stuff is adding (or attempting to) components to mk1 cockpits.

Looking through the folders, it seems like the standard mk1 stuff is missing altogether, but the inline stuff is present, just not firing properly when a craft loads. The IVA portrait just disappears.

I remember using this mod before, and even think I remember seeing it in both styles of mk1 cockpit, so maybe it's just an incomplete package up on spacedock.

Appreciate any help you can offer, @RangeMachine! :D

I will check it, one moment.

---

Well i made some error and i will reupload it.

Edited by RangeMachine

50 minutes ago, RangeMachine said:

So i uploaded update to spacedock. It now contains all Mk1, but new Mk1 cabin contains internal from old model. If you wanna use new internal (without ASET props) delete this KSA/Patches/Mk1_Cockpit.cfg

Any chances of making the new mk1 cockpit internals?

EDIT: and also the inlink cockpit?

Edited by Joshwoo69

On 10/30/2015 at 9:15 PM, RangeMachine said:

I missed GPWS switch, i will add it soon.

On 11/8/2015 at 9:15 PM, Svm420 said:

I think the inline is missing the GPWS off switch as seen in the center of this image. c1jFwFg.png

This is still not done! It make the cockpit unusable as there is a very loud and annoying siren going off if I am not ascending. Please prioritize te addition of this switch so the cockpit can be usable thanks! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2016 at 0:25 PM, RangeMachine said:

New mod link in header.

P.S. I think this is final version, all Mk1 pods are done. Mk2 and Mk3 already done by other authors.

I have never seen a Mk2 Lander Can, Cupola, Mk2 cockpits, stock Mk 1-2 cabin, new Mk1 cockpit or new Mk1 inline cockpit done with ASET props.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While I can say your work and the work of those who have done the other capsules is amazing maybe you can form a group or something to compile them into one nice d/l, I really wish squad would temp hire you guys who have done this along w/ the guy who does rpm, b/c the game is fun but the ivas are just down right horrible and lack any functionality, with yours and others work i can play astrokerbal and do full iva missions and get a real sense of immersion vs always viewing from 3rd person.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@LordOfMinecraft99

I got it working. Many kerbals died in the process. I'll tell you, but only because you're a Lord and you outrank me.:D

It has to do with a conflict with RasterPropMonitor. The explanation is kind of convoluted, but both mods are using :FINAL (which neither of them should be I don't think) and RPM wins the tussle and overrides this mod.

Try going into this mod's Patches folder and changing all the :FINAL 's to :LAST and seeing if that works for you (I did something different, but it would take a bit too long to explain). Or alternatively add :AFTER[JSI] to it instead, which might work. Probably a better practice to try the :AFTER[JSI] first, but your hand is kind of forced here.

I tried the Mk1 Plane cockpits too; they work as well. Just tried the Lander Can and it is far and away the best piece in this kit.

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 7:16 AM, PayadorPerseguido said:

are we getting an update to 1.2? please?! :)

Heh --- you know what they say about asking...

But seriously -- I think there are a number of things that need to get ironed out with RPM/ASET before this set of configs is available. Maybe check those topics for updates/encouragement.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.