Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

Landed at the Arch.

screenshot240.png

screenshot241.png

screenshot242.png

screenshot252.png

This second series is a long-range MechJeb probe I sent out to see how far, and how fast I could get a ship going. I happened to launch it in a sort of 'Grand Tour' trajectory and got a gravity assist from both the Mun and Minmus. Passing Minmus, I was hauling ass. Look at the timestamps and you can see I was watching Minmus whip by like you\'d watch a hill or landmark on the interstate. It was just cool. The last few shots you can see me firing my final burn at Perimin to make the most of the gravity assist (as I\'d read was best to do in several articles regarding real-world probes like Voyager, etc).

I was in Minmus\' vicinity for all of about 7 minutes . . .

screenshot40.png

screenshot41.png

screenshot42.png

screenshot43.png

screenshot44.png

My space shuttle trying to attain orbit:

screenshot6.png

Takeoff from the Runway on a mission to locate a landed pod. Really liked the Mun in this shot.

-snip-

That\'s pretty cool! Sweet timing!

Fixed Camera is awesome.

-snip-

That looks awesome. Hehe.
My Single Stage To Orbit (SSTO) space plane with the Mün and Minimus in the background.

-snip-

Very neat!

Landed at the Arch.

screenshot252.png

That\'s a pretty epic picture. -]

Some heavily edited shots that I thought looked pretty nifty. Click for full size!

WiHlc.jpg

Cracked

ew7tg.png

Embossed

U7u1W.png

Glowing Edges

Which one is your favorite, or do you hate them all, lousy shoops? ;P

EDIT to avoid double-posting:

Are animated gifs allowed?

Don\'t worry, it\'s only 269KB.

Presenting my new Backflip X3 Rocket Truck!

Yz2Wo.gif

.gif made with eight state-of-the-art manually-taken images from a camera truck stationed approximately 80 meters away. I really need to get some kind of dedicated video/screenshot application...

Cool! What are the arches coordinates?

You know I never recorded them and I have re-installed the game and lost my save file since I was there.

However, I can tell you that

the Arch I was at is on the Kerbin-facing side of the Mun. You should go there when it is day on that side. There is a VERY large dark crater whose northern edge pretty much lines up with the munar equator, which lies more in the eastern half of the Mun\'s Kerbin-facing side.

The Arch is on a prominent hill on the northern edge of that crater. So, if you get into an equatorial orbit, you are certain to pass over it. Orbit at anything under say 8,000 meters and you can eyeball it from there. Use the muon detector plugin and you\'ll have no trouble finding it. I understand there may be a matching arch on the far side of the Mun, though I have not tried to find it yet.

Good hunting!

EDIT to avoid double-posting:

Are animated gifs allowed?

Don\'t worry, it\'s only 269KB.

Presenting my new Backflip X3 Rocket Truck!

Yz2Wo.gif

.gif made with eight state-of-the-art manually-taken images from a camera truck stationed approximately 80 meters away. I really need to get some kind of dedicated video/screenshot application...

THAT is Jebediah approved. 8) can you post the craft file?

Search And Record. In other words, find the command pod that splashed down folloing a botched attempt to make orbit. I had planned to make a blimp with claws to recover the capsule, but 0.15.0 came out and overwrote my persistance file. >:( I still need to modify it to work with wheeled landing gear, since the design predated the Hangar and runway...

I re-downloaded the NovaPunch pack, and decided to have an inaugural 'Satellite Launching' to celebrate.

I made a folding satellite (using robotics) inside a 3-metre fairing, and put four liquid boosters on the side. Amazingly, she flew perfectly, first time, and now look at my shiny new satellite, orbiting at 100KM (and with just enough fuel to successfully de-orbit if the need arises.)

I used MechJeb to make sure I had a circular orbit for this, but the ascent was manual.

s1%20%281%29.jpg

Satellite exiting the fairing bank; main boosters have been ejected. This is the entire rocket! There\'s a visual glitch with the pod at the end; it is attached still.

s1%20%282%29.jpg

Satellite preparing to unfold and extend arms

s1%20%283%29.jpg

The Kerbin T-1 Satellite, deployed and ready

s1%20%284%29.jpg

Vanity shot from behind

It also doubles as a hedgehog in times of intergalactic war.

(Any height discrepancies you see above were caused by the small LFE on the satellite.)

UPDATE:

Oh no! A tragedy has occurred!

Apparently I accidentally tapped the 'retract' button for my robotics while at warp 10, which caused a large number of pieces to fall off and scatter. Even worse, due to an accidental shift-tab, my orbit now grazes the atmosphere at 40,000KM. Is this the end for the T-1 Satellite??

disaster.jpg

UPDATE UPDATE:

Crisis averted! Even though the satellite was heavily unbalanced, I\'ve managed to increase the periapsis to 80 KM. The damaged satellite will need repairs, so I am eagerly awaiting for EVA and docking to be implemented. Luckily I used an unmanned pod.

disaster%20averted.jpg