Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

One interesting thing about that super long space plane (AKA The Space Train) photo I showed in my previous post, it was all stock and I actually got it to orbit albeit in a very unconventional way. The flight for the begging is pretty hairy, but flys like how you would expect it to for the most part (straight like an arrow very unstably) but after reaching high altitude it began to tumble end over end uncontrollably, so I had to throttle up and down as it rotated, slowly gaining altitude in bursts. This also gave the orbit a slight inclination.

It was a rather harrowing flight, and felt like a major achievement so I left it to continue orbiting. After several days I decided to load it up from the tracking station just to see how everyone was doing, and on load I experienced an extreme amount of lag as well as a repeating explosion sound. The ship had exploded on load: http://i.imgur.com/kxdOR.png

And after several in game days, the orbits of each debris have separated enough to make a debris ring around Kerbin http://i.imgur.com/htOz3.png

It\'s been there for awhile now, and I plan to eventually destroy them with a killsat. But I think it\'s a pretty cool addition to my little kerbal universe.

Oh, I just meant to say that Dwight\'s screenshot was clearly taken with a camera from his screen, that\'s all. It seems... needlessly roundabout.

I think he edited it like that, it looks nice :)

I landed a gun platform 15 kilometers from a Munar arch, and took a few test shots.

Does nobody read the rules? skunky said PICTURES. NOT vids! im sorry for yelling a bit, but its making me annoyed >:(

Visited a stranded crew with a rescue rover. I might have gone a wee bit overboard on the wheels.

ZTYDB.png

Of course, in true Kerbal tradition, the rescue landing wasn\'t entirely successful. I only made it because I separated the lander just before the crash.

Zpktl.jpg

Since I was in the neighborhood, I decided to go see the arch:

rEHcw.png

But it was such a long, boring drive that even my intrepid Kerbonauts got bored.

5l9n0.png

How do you define embarrassment? (Figure #1) Flying all the way to Mun surface, only to get stuck on an obstacle you brought with you. I ejected my de-orbit stage from so low that it didn\'t explode, then landed on it and hooked the rear wheels. It was pretty tricky getting off of there without turning turtle or exploding anything.

But once free, there\'s some pretty interesting scenery in that weird, deeply wrinkled terrain around Mun\'s north pole. In figure #2, in the lower middle you can see the fan of my headlights near the bottom of one of those steep canyons. (Is anybody else fascinated by the scenery in this game? I take scads of snapshots wherever I go.)

A family photo. The bright dot to the left of the Mun is Minmus.

iDRF3.png

And here is the view from Minmus. The rover 'Probable Failure' is wondering when we will send someone to bring him home.

Wbitb.png

Aww, the \'Probable Failure\' is such a lonely picture.

Bio, I know the feeling of failed space station launches, most of my StarHabs fell apart on the launch pad, no matter how many struts and duct tape I used!

LOL, Just yesterday I launched the KSO (Kerbal Space Outpost) number XIX, And it was successful. But yes, most of the brave Kerbals ine attempts I-XVIII t died in a fiery explosion....

What\'s better than the Bonneville Salt Flats? The Minmus Methane Seas! Perfectly flat, goes on for miles.

I\'m trying to, well, drive to space. I hit 961.8mph, and then I hit that little slope, which I figured was too abrupt, but was the gentlest one I could find and I needed a launch ramp. That proved unfeasible. But despite reaching 4x orbital speed before that, the car never rose so much as a milimeter off of the surface. It gets (lack of)airborne going over bumps at 30m/s but can\'t lift off at 430m/s? What gives?