Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

Maybe its better to look for a spot where to ground curves away below you, that way your high speed doesn\'t need to be redirected at all. I\'m guessing that\'s doable at 30m/s, not so much at 400, which will cause damage :P

The problem is that there\'s a downward force created by the cart which prevents you from lifting off if you aren\'t forced off the ground by a sharper edge, like a small bump. The hill\'s too smooth of a curve.

You can turn off the downforce in the part.cfg file for the cart.

look for a spot where to ground curves away below you
Sensible suggestion, but there IS no place lower than sea level on Minmus, and the plateaus don\'t seem smooth enough to get up to speed.
there\'s a downward force created by the cart
Thanks. I figured it had to be something like that, otherwise the car would have just tangentially floated away from the surface once I got going that fast.

Oddly, you don\'t get much additional impression of speed once you get over 100m/s. I think it\'s just too fast for the animation to give the impression that the ground is flowing beneath you. By the way, the cart was still picking up speed when I hit the hill. There doesn\'t seem to any upper limit to it.

I managed to get the cart up to 300ish m/s per second on Minmus. Then I tried to turn, blew up my engine and went flying 3/4 of the way around the rock, I think I managed to fly up to about 14km

To be honest i can not for the life of me remember what influenced me to make this, but i did it anyway, even though the thing was a pain the in rear to get up to 200Km.....but i present my Orbital Ring Station! 8)

I plan to make a network of these things around Kerbin, when i have the time and more patience... :P

(personally i love the pic of it in the sun :D)

screenshot25c.png

screenshot24z.png

no definitely not that (at least not directly =P) i havent seen that in a few years and quite frankly, i never want to see it again lol...

but no i think it was someone on the forum that used the damnedrobotics hinges on something that gave me the idea...

in this particular image, my craft disintegrated into its individual parts after a fairing failure. My craft\'s fairings failed to separate so when I gunned the engines it couldn\'t exactly handle pulling the weight of stage 2. It made a nice debris field around Kerbin though

egEaP.png

stage separation with fixed cameras mod, beautiful

BE4FY.png

Orbiter-A1 above Mun

WBhbr.jpg

ljAas.jpg

landing gear on MEM-3

LOUZP.png

My pic is more stock evil than add-on awesome. Come on, I can\'t be the only one building death rays?

Nice looking machine. I can honestly say that I have not seen a better-looking death ray.

I think I\'ve made the most absurd working spaceship I could possibly come up with. It took roughly 4 billion tries before I got the whole thing right.

It\'s a rocket launched space plane that lands on the Mun using rotating engines, then flies back to Kerbin and lands on the runway. A design flaw made the rear engines on the plane run out of fuel when the front ones still had some, and it actually ended up being a good thing as you can see.

Oh, in case you didn\'t know, to launch vertically from the runway just grab the cockpit/capsule and press W.

(the low res ones were taken from a livestream recording, the higher res ones when I was actually flying it)

xmPMH.png

The ultimate Rocket-powered motor cycle jump. On a suborbital trajectory from KSP; He\'s on course for a landing on the south polar cap, and can do it safely if he can avoid tumbling during re-entry!