Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

Looking great there, bsalis. How does it fly?

It's a bit nose heavy when full of rocket fuel but perfectly flyable. When empty of rocket fuel and running on the jet fuel tanks only it's nicely balanced. I fine tuned the smaller wing placement so it would be this way.

To stay on-topic... another pic of it!

7878906768_0c9d046b7b_b.jpg

Meanwhile, back at KSC...

7873641004_037abda333_b.jpg

Funny you should mention that, cause I just managed to land my first rescue mission ever...

Well done, my Kerbal got rescued too! :)

Rescue-1 on re-entry approach

rescue1.jpg

Contemplating a long walk

rescue2.jpg

Edited by Bedazzled

Should this be in a thread of it's own? Please tell me. Also, where it should go if it should be it's own thread.

2sWyJ.jpg?1

6l9Pd.jpg?1

The JOHNDOE probe is hopefully destined to Saturn orbit, and will carry many other probes with it.

It will perform a close-by pass of the sun after leaving earth, and will go closer to the sun than any other

Saturn orbiter has ever been. In order to endure this immense heat, it has to be concealed in a very strong shell,

aswell as use cooling systems to help it survive such unbearable heat. it will then come back out at earth, and

get sent even further out, and will then be on it's trajectory to Saturn.

Skip ahead a couple years, and Saturn will be the size of the moon in the sky. at this point, the outer shell

decouples from the probe, and then extends it's solar panels. It then sends it's first signal back to earth in the

whole flight.

Once the probe gets closer to Saturn, it will approach Epimetheus, and let loose it's first of three probes. This

probe is named Epim-A, and will de-orbit itself and land on Epimetheus, and then send back signals to the JOHNDOE

probe, which in turn is sent back to Earth. The individual 3 probes do not have strong enough antennae to beam

back signals directly to Earth. The Epim-A probe will then drill into Epimetheus, to research it's theorized

Explosive past. It will also take 240p images, and it could point itself to take more than one picture to make for

a larger picture, but it is not capable of a complete panorama. The entire probe is powered by the decay of

something radioactive and heat into energy or something.

It will then deploy another probe before it fires it's engines, because it is on a trajectory to hit titan right

in the face. It will then pass by titan, still recieving data from both craft. And then a while later it will pass

by titan. The newly deployed probe, named Snegyuh will hit Titan's athnosphere at incredible speed, and the heat

shield will have to endure ridiculous heats as it reaches 12 Gs. This probe NEEDS to be extremely durable to

survive this pounding, not to mention the heat. The solution? We make it as compact as can be. Almost everything

stays inside a little cylinder, and then unfolds. Once the craft slows down enough, and goes down to a reasonable

speed, we activate the parachute.

Due to Titan's thick atmosphere, this large parachute will slow us down to 2.5 m/s. The outisde of the probe

unfolds, to be used as landing legs. After the probe lands at 2.5 m/s, it will unfold all of it's instruments.

And will have soalr panels, along with a spectrometer and other things to study the influence of light from the

atmosphere, and give us the most precise readings on Titan's atmosphere yet. It will also include a radiothermal

generator of the likes of Epim-A, and will also bring drills and such to study Titan in more detail. Not to forget

the all-unimportant camera! It can actually take pictures in many wavlenghts, and contains something to study

magnetic fields from the surface. As JOHNDOE passes by Titan, it will go over the north pole and also study any

electro magnetic activity it can detect. And after Titan is behind us, JOHNDOE decouples an american flag. Don't

ask. Infact, the flag is predicted to freeze, and then shatter as it leaves Saturn's magnetic field, on the escape

trajectory it is, infact, on.

At this point, JOHNDOE fires it's engines, using up the rest of it's fuel, and puts itself on a orbit around

Saturn, and one that won't get interrupted by the moons. After a few (Earth) years, all of the moons will be

aligned so that the next probe to be deployed, Epiphony, will be able to burn away from JOHNDOE and go into a

trajectory that will intercept with Mimas, recieve data which it can beam straight back to Earth, it will then

pass by enceledus, epimetheus, Janus, Titan, Dione, and then back to Titan, where it will spend the rest of it's

days orbiting, and aswell as studying Titan, it will help amplify the signals from Huygens and Snegyuh alike.

And JOHNDOE will continue to research saturn and it's moons, aswell as take pictures. Pretty pictures.

---(And yes, Snegyuh is Huygens backwards. Because we estimate that everything about it will go backwards.)

Should this be in a thread of it's own? Please tell me. Also, where it should go if it should be it's own thread.

2sWyJ.jpg?1

6l9Pd.jpg?1

The JOHNDOE probe is hopefully destined to Saturn orbit, and will carry many other probes with it.

It will perform a close-by pass of the sun after leaving earth, and will go closer to the sun than any other

Saturn orbiter has ever been. In order to endure this immense heat, it has to be concealed in a very strong shell,

aswell as use cooling systems to help it survive such unbearable heat. it will then come back out at earth, and

get sent even further out, and will then be on it's trajectory to Saturn.

Skip ahead a couple years, and Saturn will be the size of the moon in the sky. at this point, the outer shell

decouples from the probe, and then extends it's solar panels. It then sends it's first signal back to earth in the

whole flight.

Once the probe gets closer to Saturn, it will approach Epimetheus, and let loose it's first of three probes. This

probe is named Epim-A, and will de-orbit itself and land on Epimetheus, and then send back signals to the JOHNDOE

probe, which in turn is sent back to Earth. The individual 3 probes do not have strong enough antennae to beam

back signals directly to Earth. The Epim-A probe will then drill into Epimetheus, to research it's theorized

Explosive past. It will also take 240p images, and it could point itself to take more than one picture to make for

a larger picture, but it is not capable of a complete panorama. The entire probe is powered by the decay of

something radioactive and heat into energy or something.

It will then deploy another probe before it fires it's engines, because it is on a trajectory to hit titan right

in the face. It will then pass by titan, still recieving data from both craft. And then a while later it will pass

by titan. The newly deployed probe, named Snegyuh will hit Titan's athnosphere at incredible speed, and the heat

shield will have to endure ridiculous heats as it reaches 12 Gs. This probe NEEDS to be extremely durable to

survive this pounding, not to mention the heat. The solution? We make it as compact as can be. Almost everything

stays inside a little cylinder, and then unfolds. Once the craft slows down enough, and goes down to a reasonable

speed, we activate the parachute.

Due to Titan's thick atmosphere, this large parachute will slow us down to 2.5 m/s. The outisde of the probe

unfolds, to be used as landing legs. After the probe lands at 2.5 m/s, it will unfold all of it's instruments.

And will have soalr panels, along with a spectrometer and other things to study the influence of light from the

atmosphere, and give us the most precise readings on Titan's atmosphere yet. It will also include a radiothermal

generator of the likes of Epim-A, and will also bring drills and such to study Titan in more detail. Not to forget

the all-unimportant camera! It can actually take pictures in many wavlenghts, and contains something to study

magnetic fields from the surface. As JOHNDOE passes by Titan, it will go over the north pole and also study any

electro magnetic activity it can detect. And after Titan is behind us, JOHNDOE decouples an american flag. Don't

ask. Infact, the flag is predicted to freeze, and then shatter as it leaves Saturn's magnetic field, on the escape

trajectory it is, infact, on.

At this point, JOHNDOE fires it's engines, using up the rest of it's fuel, and puts itself on a orbit around

Saturn, and one that won't get interrupted by the moons. After a few (Earth) years, all of the moons will be

aligned so that the next probe to be deployed, Epiphony, will be able to burn away from JOHNDOE and go into a

trajectory that will intercept with Mimas, recieve data which it can beam straight back to Earth, it will then

pass by enceledus, epimetheus, Janus, Titan, Dione, and then back to Titan, where it will spend the rest of it's

days orbiting, and aswell as studying Titan, it will help amplify the signals from Huygens and Snegyuh alike.

And JOHNDOE will continue to research saturn and it's moons, aswell as take pictures. Pretty pictures.

---(And yes, Snegyuh is Huygens backwards. Because we estimate that everything about it will go backwards.)

Put this in spacecraft exchange. Nice probe btw.

On topic:

ZDHq

I did a perfectly targeted landing on Minmus! Without using MechJeb! This is exactly where I wanted to land, near the edge of the "ice" and beside a mountain.

kspi05.jpg

Awesome times.

kspi06.jpg

Zoomed out. Next time, I will roll the Kerbs down the mountain :confused: .

H9mWz.png

First Torus HAB module landed

9mEcm.png

Having landed the second HAB modules, I had to takeoff and land again since I was off by 4.8 KM

RdyRd.png

After some fine tuning of the position I finally got it set in an alright position

9F9AD.png

Here is the crew as off now, consisting of HAB deliverers, rover guy and a one from the crew of mun lander XL (One died, and the other one had to get back to kerbin since he needed new pants)

The HAB module has not been made by me, hit the link under the first picture if you want more info on it's creator.

Edited by Polar Bear

Thanks! Though I think you meant Minmus, not Mun, base. It is called 'Minmus Research Center'. My 'Mun Research Center' is currently still in the development phase:

7PWrc.jpg

Only addon: Crew tank from Damned Aerospace, the four-way arms are done exploiting a minor bug in the placement of the structural fuselages

You can see more of the Minmus Research Center here, since it was my base of operations for a challenge:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=17085

Edit: Updated ver. of Mun RC:

8Fgje.jpg

I didn\'t want to add a decoupler below the command pod, I went the Jeb way for landing on Kerbin: The chute on the command pod just rips it off the main body. 8)

I have finally landed the Mun Research Center!

c6bmL.jpg

7hImC.jpg

P178V.jpg

uxzoS.jpg

71LeR.jpg

010Bi.jpg

91.6 litres of fuel left. Capable of housing 13 kerbals (an imporvement over my Minmus Research Center)