Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

(Not the first to do it, I know, but I'm excited.) I shot off the experimental XRc Duna on a bad launch window, because I didn't know if it was going to make it anyway. The approach and intercept took around 1200 days (in a 1-man capsule: ouch!) to arrange, but approach I did:

N4fbk.jpg

I deployed the chutes, not knowing if they'd be enough to get me through the thin atmosphere safely:

myLtu.png

But they did. And so Matlie Kerman became the first Kerbal to set foot on Duma,

w5Adg.png

and the first Kerbal to land on another planet in a ship able to take off again. (Jeb is currently awaiting rescue on Eve, having bravely volunteered to take what was essentially a manned atmosphere probe on a one-way trip.)

Edited by Vanamonde

The JoSE (Jool System Explorer) mission successfully left Kerbin today!

•NERVA-powered Kerbin Departure Stage (KDS) being ignited:

2KeGd.png

•Onboard camera: the probe looking back at her home planet:

WK9FL.jpg

•Onboard camera: eclipse of random awesomeness, somewhere around 8000km altitude:

VPOhz.jpg

After a small mid-course correction burn, the probe is on a 40,000km-periapsis encounter path with the gas planet, and should arrive in Jool's vicinity in ~200 days.

Jool System Explorer update!

The probe encountered Jool today, and successfully performed the aerobraking maneuver required to insert her in Joolian orbit. After the cruise stage had been jettisoned, the JoSE probe deployed her large solar arrays and prepared her upcoming Laythe flyby...

•Zooming by Jool's upper atmosphere at more than 10km/s. Meanwhile, Laythe transits in front of Kerbol:

ohJJ7.png

•Welcome to Jool!

qSDCR.png

•Onboard camera: green crescent.

tFw2I.jpg

•Onboard camera: approaching Laythe and checking the scientific instruments.

V4i98.jpg

@Enture did you add those onboard camera titles afterwards or is that part of the mod? looks neat.

Thanks! :)

No, those are just regular screenshots (although some of them were made using the Fixed Camera mod) edited afterwards in Photoshop/Gimp/Pixelmator/etc... the text is also added afterwards, using the same programs.

Note that the idea isn't from me, but from GaBeRuN, who posted some wonderful pictures a couple of pages back, and details the modifications he likes to make! I merely used the same process he was using, and applied it to my screenshots...

The Vingilot spacecraft, designed to carry 3 Kerbals in Eve orbit (and back!), is finally ready for its first mission. This will be Kerbalkind's first attempt at a crewed interplanetary flight! :)

•The (slightly overpowered) launcher on the pad:

IbXZU.png

•The Vingilot during an LKO test flight; the inflatable hab module is designed to provide the crew with enough habitable space during this long-duration mission, and will be jettisoned in a decaying Evian orbit moments before the Trans-Kerbin Injection burn.

STxDC.png

PS: @GaBeRuN, very nice pics!

Edited by Enture

Currently trying to summit the tallest mountain on Eve.

9AAG8.jpg

The rover Oschon-E descended on parachute to the valley north of Omega Mons, at an ASL altitude of ~3.7km. It has since climbed to ~8.8km.

U7ZRl.png

Orbital Surveyor Llymlaen-E has revealed that Oschon-E is about halfway to the summit.

Edited by Pyre
Spoiler tags not working on second image

9AAG8.jpg

The rover Oschon-E descended on parachute to the valley north of Omega Mons, at an ASL altitude of ~3.7km. It has since climbed to ~8.8km.

U7ZRl.png

Orbital Surveyor Llymlaen-E has revealed that Oschon-E is about halfway to the summit.

I can't open the "Don't look down" Spoiler

[amazing picture]

U7ZRl.png

I haven't landed on Eve yet, but I hope I land in the beautiful mountain regions! This picture is worth crawling all over! Just great!

My Kerbin Orbital Science station, with attached crew transport shuttles

screenshot35.png

Wait, does the dockin mod allow you to dock with proper docking ports? I thought you could only dock with the decoupler thingies, also are those ports from nova's pack, or ExPI stations pack? And what other mods do you use in those pictures?

Edited by Polar Bear

Wait, does the dockin mod allow you to dock with proper docking ports? I thought you could only dock with the decoupler thingies, also are those ports from nova's pack, or ExPI stations pack?

Those ports are from Erkle's docking mod. I think he just used novas model.